pewter

lt1 fuel injectors

i was tols to use 30lbs injectors with the le2 package will the stock fuel pump and regulator work and when i look at the pcmforless application for tune it says to use stock fuel pressure which is 42 right dose anyone have a link to injector and pressure table and im also confused i can inqure a nitrous kit for dirt can they tune it for a 100 shot max and not affect driveabilty i proably will only use it a few times and i dont want the car to run extremely rich were it will be hard starting

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

I am going to be using the stock fuel pump to get it running and then switch out to a ractronix fuel pump kit and reuse a stock fuel pressure regulator. I have a 383 bottom end with LE2 heads. The less stuff you change at the same time you do a head and cam or entire engine swap, the less you have to question. They can tune it for NOS but I would do that down the road on a dyno tune after you break it in and sort out all the bugs but thats just me.

I have 30lb injectors on my car with LE2 heads. You don't need a new fuel pressure regulator. Your tuner will dial in the fuel pressure, but the pump really needs to be changed. Run your engine lean one time and you can say goodbye to it.

pewter

stock fuel pressur is about 40-45 psi right so go with a wallbro or racetronix with stock fuel pressure and regulator and ill be ok

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

racetronix is a wallbro but yes.

pewter

thank you

pewter

best lt1 heads combo

just poll i pretty much am ready to go but for the last time what would be the best set up
    le2 heads cam and intake
    lt4 conversion comp 306 cam
    trickflow 195 64 cc comp 306 cam
    edelbrock lt4 rpm
    advance induction package
    need 400 rwhp tired of being slow or sub with gm 846 cam next time ill only bug you guys when i cant get it running

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by 6801 View Post
    just poll i pretty much am ready to go but for the last time what would be the best set up
    le2 heads cam and intake
    lt4 conversion comp 306 cam
    trickflow 195 64 cc comp 306 cam
    edelbrock lt4 rpm
    advance induction package
    need 400 rwhp tired of being slow or sub with gm 846 cam next time ill only bug you guys when i cant get it running
    Some good and not so good in there but what bottom end are you going to be running? Stock bottom end with the LE2 and one of his custom cams will get you very close but the compression has to be some what high.
    I looked at the Trickflow 185's with the 54 or 56 cc chambers and they made right around 350 or so at the wheels but that was thier cam grind and I don't remember what it was.
    Edelbrock: People say don't bother.
    LT4 you can do it but having the lt1 heads worked by Lloyd or advanced is going to make them flow better than a stock lt4 head or edelbrock lt4 head. not to mention you have to buy the lt4 intake.
    Advanced induction can do any head you want and make power out of them cuz they flow them like what Lloyd does, BUT be ready to spend a bit more with them. I got a quote from them for a set of trick flows and the entire top end was going to be just under 5K smackaroos. It would be realy nice and done right but I just did not have that kind of a motor in mind.
    Trickflow heads you better see if you can find them right now. Summit ran out of the 185's and said they have no clue when trickflow would be running that head in production again. the 195's are really ment for blower and NOS apps unless you are going to have a piston in it that will boost the compession back up. you need to stay at 10.5 to 11.5 for N/A , only way to make the power on a 350 unless you add a blower or nos.
    Another head you may look at is the AFR's or Air flow reaserch heads. They make a nice head as well and they flow great numbers. I guess what I should have said is you need heads that are flowed or flow very good. Thats were the power comes in. but you have to know what bottom end you are going to have so you can get the chamber volume right as well as the clearance you need for the valves depending on what lift cam you are going to be using.
    Last edited by JaycenK; 01-26-2010 at 10:41 PM.

black
    1998 trans am

what head an cam package should a friend of mine use if he is staying stock bottom end an wants a nice amount of power,he wants it to lope hard i know but doesnt have the money to buy a bottom end.

pewter

i just got my trick flow 185x heads summit has them

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazer ssss View Post
    what head an cam package should a friend of mine use if he is staying stock bottom end an wants a nice amount of power,he wants it to lope hard i know but doesnt have the money to buy a bottom end.
    Put LT headers on it and call it day untill he can do it right. If it is high millage no sense. If low call Advanced induction or Lloyd Elliot, or buy an out of the box kit like the trickflow system, or air flow reasearch heads.

pewter

what the part number for the ford 30 lbs injectors

pewter

i have part number fms-m-9593-bb302 they fit but the fuel rail when i push on to the intake one side pops of and the factory c clips wont allow me to position the injector rifht so the harness can clip do i need the c clips?

They should plug right in, mine did.

Thread Information