Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ls1 swap

Drtrider82

Ls1 swap

I sold my 2000 TA earlier this year and now am looking for a project. I found a 95 T/A that needs an engine. Has anyone swapped an ls1 into an lt1 car? It seems like it should be possible but I cannot find much info on it. I am thinking with the price and condition of this car it would be fun to strip it down and rebuild it with the updated front end and whatever else i want to do. Any info would help. Thanks

Awaiting Activation

I think after it's all said and done you'd be better off getting an LS1 car. Why would you want to put a newer motor and front clip on an older car? Why not get a nice LT1 car and build a nasty LT1 for it?

Medium Quasar Blue
    1996 Camaro Z28

It has been done by a few but there is a reason that there isn't much info on it. Not enough people are willing to do it because the payoff just isn't anywhere near worth the money spent and work that has to be done. Like Grimpala said, you'd be better off by starting off with an ls1 car or by building the lt1. For the money and time spent doing an ls 1 swap you could have an lt1 that would walk it easily. To do the swap you'd not only have to do the motor but the trans, mounts, harness......etc. Just too much work IMHO.

I've done it and now I can't sell it, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4560568001 pm me if you have any questions

Medium Quasar Blue
    1996 Camaro Z28

I wouldn't mind taken that for a quick spin even though you've corrupted the car with an ls1 That's a pretty clean lookin swap, why the troubles sellin it?

didn't really corrupt it... it had a 3.4L V6 that got thrown out. Just isn't selling and I can't afford any more of a loss that what I had the bid start at

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Breech
    That's a pretty clean lookin swap, why the troubles sellin it?
    Nobody wants a car that has had the motor swapped to a non original motor. I wouldnt buy one

Awaiting Activation

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS
    Nobody wants a car that has had the motor swapped to a non original motor. I wouldnt buy one
    I would but it would have to be older than 94.

Nothin wrong with older swaps, but for some reason putting an LS1 in and LT1 car just kills people perceptions of the car. Now an LS1 in something else(RX7 or older camaro) is cool as hell.

I like what I did because it's a nice sleeper, no badges and almost any LT1, stang, or c4 that pulls up to me is in for a suprise. It puts down 345 RWHP

Medium Quasar Blue
    1996 Camaro Z28

I'd think that it would sell pretty easily even though it's not a stock motor. A lot of people prefer the lt1 body style with the sharper nose but want to be able to keep up with ls1's. Guess you might just be catering to a small market and you'll have to wait for the right buyer to come along. Been there done that.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Breech
    A lot of people prefer the lt1 body style with the sharper nose but want to be able to keep up with ls1's.
    You mean my car will never be able to keep up with an LS1?!?!? Damn I better sell it fast!

LT1's just don't have the kind of potential LS1's do

DisCrete
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason
    I've done it and now I can't sell it, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4560568001 pm me if you have any questions

taking from your auction list... "The engine has almost 16k miles and performance parts almost 10k in miles. The body has over 130k, because the vin is a v6 you must tell your insurance company it's a V8 otherwise you will get undercharged."

Now why would someone want to tell insurance it's a V8 so they can get overcharged???

hehe.. just thought it was funny.

Nice car tho man.

Honestly dude, If I had the money I would buy your car and sell mine.

2 problems tho.

1. I don't have the money
    2. I can't drive a stick
    Last edited by DisCrete; 09-06-2005 at 08:22 PM.

DisCrete
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS
    You mean my car will never be able to keep up with an LS1?!?!? Damn I better sell it fast!

5.0THIS,

your car's a piece admit it

hope I don't get the magic wand response for that one
    Last edited by DisCrete; 09-06-2005 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DisCrete
    taking from your auction list... "The engine has almost 16k miles and performance parts almost 10k in miles. The body has over 130k, because the vin is a v6 you must tell your insurance company it's a V8 otherwise you will get undercharged."

Now why would someone want to tell insurance it's a V8 so they can get overcharged???

hehe.. just thought it was funny.

Nice car tho man.

I know man, but eBay actually took the auction down because some insurance guy interested in the car reported it so I needed that on the record. I never told them, having that engine in there was insurance enough if I wrecked it and bought back the salvage. I could sell the engine/tranny setup for 4K at least

can't help you out with the money part, but learn stick, its so much more fun. I've taught my two sisters and lil bro now. It's easy... I just don't let them drive the cars when I'm not around. Too much power for those youngins

DisCrete
    Understandable, The car looks in good shape all things considered... Your ad is a lil confusing tho.. is it an LS1 engine or an LT1 engine???

LS1, which makes it unique. you can tell by the picture of the engine bay. those engines werent supposed to be there till 98 and this is a 94. most 4th gen camaro owners i've talked to can tell the year of the car by looking at the badging, paint, and tail lights. when i pop the hood they just say "how does that look like its supposed to be there"

DisCrete
    lol.

well I saw a 1963 Corvette with a 540CI in it.. that runs 1/4's in 7.8's

I guess you can say the same for that car too lol

wow nice, something tells me its cant be a daily driver with these gas prices though

Thread Information