Post Looking for people who own(ed) PaceSetter LT's/Y-Pipe. (College budget setup)

Hello,

I'm sure some of you have seen my post on here before asking about headers and what not. Well, currently I'm in college and with paying for tutuion/books money is pretty tight for me. I still however want to continue modding my car and the next thing on my list is headers. I want to run coated LT's on my 95 LT1 Camaro and after crunching the numbers for a whole setup, headers like Kooks, DynaTech, and Jet Hot are just out of my budget. I'm seeing a few sites right now are running specials and I can get my hands on a set of coated Pacesetter LT's with the Y-Pipe for less than $520 (before shipping). My question is can someone give me some info on these headers? Anything like quality, fitment issues, ground clearance, and just about anything else would be appreciated. I know I'm kind of looking at the bottom of the LT bucket here but more expensive headers are just something I cannot afford right now.

Thanks,

Chris

camaro_ss_97_
    hey there man well i have pacesetter lt's on my 97 ss ang i love them. no prob at all. i was to on a budget at one point so i opted for the painted ones and they ran me 285. and i did get a y-pipe with for an extra 150 bucks. but when i went to put everything on i changed my mind and went the x-pipe route with true dual setup with 2 slp loudmouth resonators and it sounds evil. well i kow the coated headers are better but hey the painted ones i have had on for 6-7 months now and have no rust issues at all. but anyway i still have that y-pipe if interested for 100.00 maybe that would save you some cash.

Will the Y-Pipe for a 97 Camaro work with a 95 setup? I'm just wondering cause form the factory our cars had different exhaust setups.

camaro_ss_97_
    i believe it will if you wanna check on that. but i am pretty sure. i believe the only diff was i had 2 cats and you have 1

sunfire yellow
    1993 trans am

I have pacsetter long tubes on my 93' the ceramic coated ones, paid 560.00 on ebay with y-pipe and shipping included. I love them, easy to install, good ground clearance, but I never lowered my car. and they sound great, but of course I took out my cat, and have a slowmaster muffler, but the way they fit were perfect..the muffler shop could not believe the build quaility, they said the flange was one of the thickest they ever seen on a header,,had on for 6-months now no problems...You will love them...

Thanks for the feedback guys. Will I have do anything different for my install since I have a convertible? Will SFC's get in the way?

1994 25th Anniversary T/A

I've had Pacesetters for a couple of years now, and have had no problems at all.

^^ Sick of it all

CGM/BGC
    98 Z28 / 98 Formula

thanks for the feedback I think i will opt for them also after hearing such good things

Black/Black
    96 Vert Z28-RIP/94 TT Z28

Yeah the Pacesetter's work fine, I have them on my 94' Z with the off-road y-pipe and hooker exhaust. Sounds great, especially with a nice cam in it.

Thread Information