Electric Blue Pearlcoat
    1995 Trans Am(LS1 Convert

Long tube Header Opinions needed!

Gentlemen,

I plan on getting a set of LT Headers this year and wanted some opinions from some folks who have installed or have them...What I want to know are which ones are the BEST, not the top 3, or good brands, what are the absolute best ones...I am under the impression that a set of ceramic coated Hookers are the way to go...any insight provided will be greatly appreciated!

1995 Trans Am: 6spd - Pacesetter LT's - LS1 Front Swap - SLP LS1 FlowPac CAI - MagnaMouth CatBack - De-Cat - Eibach ProKit - Bilsteins - HP Evo's - 3pt. Strut Tower Brace - 4.10 Gears - Spohn Adj. PH - B&M Ripper Shifter

Trans Am owner
    former

lpp headers.

stepped headers, 321 stainless steel, highvelocity merge collectors, big THICK flanges.

they have better build quality then hookers, and fit is good.

$550 shipped with y-pipe. they come polished too.

why spend more money on a header that has less quality, will rust, and not make as much power??????????

www.lpparts.com

Black
    97 firebird WS6

I bet if you ask 20 people you'll get 20 different opinions. I have pacesetter ceramic coated LT and love them. I would purchase them again. They sound great too!

Electric Blue Pearlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by 97ramair View Post
    I bet if you ask 20 people you'll get 20 different opinions. I have pacesetter ceramic coated LT and love them. I would purchase them again. They sound great too!
    Great minds think alike...I said forget it I am going w/ these....and I should be getting them next week...got em from Shon Herron @ Herron Performance...$5oo bucks shipped Woop Woop

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

My LPP's don't fit that great. But everyone who sees them on the car loves them and I will only need to take the drivers side out once so I can Clearance it some more.

white
    96 ws6

I have a set of ceramic pacesetters. Loved them at the begining, other than I about cut my pinky finger off installing them because I couldn't get the egr tube past my fire wall and was prying on them. I just installed them again the over day but I got rid of the egr and welded the hole shut. But the thing is a had them for a year and the ceremic coating is pealling off

Black
    1996 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 97ramair View Post
    AMMMEEEENNNN TO THAT BROTHER!!! i LOVE my pacesetter lt's, i got them from shon as well and reallllyyyyyyy reeaaallly love them.....whenever i got them in i slept next to them for a couple of days , they are peeerrrtttyyy and sound magnificant as well

Electric Blue Pearlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by camarostripes96 View Post
    AMMMEEEENNNN TO THAT BROTHER!!! i LOVE my pacesetter lt's, i got them from shon as well and reallllyyyyyyy reeaaallly love them.....whenever i got them in i slept next to them for a couple of days , they are peeerrrtttyyy and sound magnificant as well
    You just made me so pumped bro. I am installing them saturday...tick tock tick tock! I cant wait. LOL U slept with them you skank...They are sexy. I might have to do that...not sure how the girl would fell about that lol, I will tell her she can cuddle the y-pipe. HAHA

Trans Am owner
    former

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityTA View Post
    You just made me so pumped bro. I am installing them saturday...tick tock tick tock! I cant wait. LOL U slept with them you skank...They are sexy. I might have to do that...not sure how the girl would fell about that lol, I will tell her she can cuddle the y-pipe. HAHA
    trust me, you are gonna want to wait. the process sucks.

also, dont listen to the guys that say you gotta lift the motor and put em in fro mthe top. I put my LT's in from the bottom with no issues at all. I bent the AC hard line like 1/4" and the header popped right in.

oh yeah. make sure you have TALL jackstands, and a good buddy to help you. I had 2 crappy jackstands and had to do it by myself....needless to say....it SUCKED!!!

also, heres the write up I used to guide me through the install. http://zmydust.com/headers/install.htm

Electric Blue Pearlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by LT1 > LS1 View Post
    trust me, you are gonna want to wait. the process sucks.

also, dont listen to the guys that say you gotta lift the motor and put em in fro mthe top. I put my LT's in from the bottom with no issues at all. I bent the AC hard line like 1/4" and the header popped right in.

oh yeah. make sure you have TALL jackstands, and a good buddy to help you. I had 2 crappy jackstands and had to do it by myself....needless to say....it SUCKED!!!

also, heres the write up I used to guide me through the install. http://zmydust.com/headers/install.htm
    You are a gentlemen and a scholar!

I actually got really lucky and met a guy last week who is a head mechanic for a chevrolet dealership. He has is own garage and lift at his residence. I am going over saturday and both me and him are going to do it...

I know all about the jackstand lift haha been doing it since day one. I replace my clutch like that....not a fun task! I will print out the write up though too. Thanks again!

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

The BEST headers are thse that are properly matched to your vehicle and fit within your budget constraints. On a stock LT1 shorties provide enough exhaust flow to match the rest of the engine.

I had shorties for a couple of years but when I graduated to a 383 stroker I switched to longtubes. It is all about the math in terms of whether
    1 1/2", 1 3/4", or 1 7/8" is best for your combination. You also need to take into consideration the rest of the exhaust system so it is matched all the way out.

Exhaust will only flow as well as the smallest constriction point. If you have
    1 3/4" longtubes but they are restricted at the Y pipe to 3" instead of the potential 3 1/2" then why bother in the first place?

Once you have done the math, then you can reasonably shop for the best header and exhaust flow because you will actually know exactly what you need.

Black
    1996 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityTA View Post
    Yes i slept with them, and i didnt use protection, only used protection whenever i intalled them in lol !!! these headers are just like a big tittyed woman.... LOUD SEXY AND STAND OUT!!! lol but trust me bro u will love them, and everyone who says u have to go from the bottom is full of it, unless u wanna scratch them up from hitting the ground, Thats if u use jack stands, then go from the top, but i tried it both ways and on top is WAAAAYYY easier ..... i wrapped mine in a blanket whenever i went to slide them from the top and my buddy was at the bottom (oh yeh, me and him tagged teamed the headers the next day after i slept with them lol ) and i used a blanket and tape around it, and once i got them down in there i pulled the blanket out slowly and waaaaaallllllllaaaaaa there she is!!!! but u wait till u bolt them up and crank it the first time....look at ur arms and i bet u have goose bumps and i can guarantee u crack a BIG OL SMILE !!!!!

Thread Information