Thread: le2 package

pewter

le2 package

getting ready to order le 2 head and cam package for my 95 m6 z28 will the stock fuel pump work fine what roller rockers and what injectors should i use also where can i find valve covers that will clear and over cover plug wires what little things do i need besides gaskets any tips on the install i already have long tube headers gutting car trying for 11.80s

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Just got my LE 2 heads and cam from Lloyd. Talk to him about injector size and rockers. He told me Proform roller rockers but people have said they suck so talk to him about your options. The guy knows his stuff. Your going to need head bolts and talk with Lloyd about what size head gasket. Most have said to go with a racetronix fuel pump but stick with the stock fuel pressure. Also gona need a tune, might be worth the time for a timming set if the miles are up there.

SOM
    2002 SS

You want roller rockers for sure. The old crane gold are good as are many other brands. GM roller rockers are good too. Go 1.6 if anything they will give you hp and free up horses and and help your valvetrain live longer.

I have proform valve covers and they work perfect on my 8200 rpm LT4 with T&d shaft rockers working the valve train. There is a lip on the bottom of the rocker on the inner side (rear inside on the passenger side cover) that needs to be shaved down so they can sit flush on the LT heads or the gasket won't have a solid seal and they will leak. Other than that they look great and work great with all the LT pcv hoses etc. I also use special rubber o rings under the bolts they provide to prevent oil leaking past the bolts in the centre.

They dont make any covers that cover the wires etc. perhaps you are thinking LS engines? our plugs have wires going down towards the front to the optispark. just route them away from the header/manifolds and you are good.

Racetronix sells an upgrade pump I would reccomend it. I dont reccomend racetronix because of his attitude towards customers in person but he has what you will need.

Your stock injectors are fine. They are nowhere near full duty cycle on a stock motor. If you need a little more fuel you can just increase the pressure so they aren't 'on' all the time trying to supply the fuel. There are charts on the web that show what hp the can support vs fuel pressure. Other people will try to talk you into bigger but they just want your money. Smaller injectors will give you the best atomization at idle and smaller loads.

If you are doing the install yourself I'd reccomend upgrading the timing chain to a roller while you're in there.

Good luck LE is kick ass and your car will put a smile on your face !

pewter

thank you so any center bolt valve covers will work as long as there short style due to the alt, i was trying to find out who sells over valve cover spark plug wires not on ls1 on lt1 ive seen some before i plan on changing the timming chain and gear i was thinking of trying a acell or summit opti even though mine works fine but with 75000 miles im leary to save it do to horror stories im in ohio and havant had any wet problems am i wrong but can i use any self linning sbc roller rocker

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

self aligning rockers? Lloyd had me use them but it may depend on your cam and rpm. not sure. you need a valve cover that uses no internal braces or you will need to cut and modify the braces. I looked but I think you have to make the wires that run over the valve covers but again I am not positive. I bought a summit opti as well cuz the GM one has just gotten insane in price the last 6 months but I have not fired the engine yet so I have no idea if it will be good or not. I would replace yours and hold on to it as a back up for trouble shooting.

The GM rockers are made by Crane. I have the Crane gold RR's. Mine are self aligning, and I run them under my stock valve covers. My fuel pump is a walbro 255 lph.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by 97bluebird View Post
    The GM rockers are made by Crane. I have the Crane gold RR's. Mine are self aligning, and I run them under my stock valve covers. My fuel pump is a walbro 255 lph.
    Where did you buy the fuel pump from? Did it come in a kit?

I bought that pump right after I bought my car. I had my car 2 weeks and the fuel pump died, that was 3 years ago. I don't remember where I bought it, I ordered it from a speed shop but I honestly don't remember where it came from. It came with a generic install kit. When you pull your pump out you will see that it is housed in a plastic case. I had to take that case apart and mod it a little to get the walbro to work then I used some stainless steel hose clamps to clamp the case back together.

Thread Information