Thread: L 98 to Lt1?

L 98 to Lt1?

Will the LT1 work in my c4 Corvette in place of my L 98 with relative ease? What should I expect to encounter?Help.Joej

Trans Am owner
    former

by l98, you mean the TPI motor right?

well, they are the same block, and the motor mounts should work fine, but the LT1 runs off the optispark. you will probly need the LT1 computer....

honestly, I would probly save the time, and money, and just get a regular carb'd 350. you can ditch TONS of wiring, and computers, and make much more power much more easily.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by LT1 > LS1 View Post
    by l98, you mean the TPI motor right?

well, they are the same block, and the motor mounts should work fine, but the LT1 runs off the optispark. you will probly need the LT1 computer....

honestly, I would probly save the time, and money, and just get a regular carb'd 350. you can ditch TONS of wiring, and computers, and make much more power much more easily.
    Makes a lot of sense Nitro, definitely will save tons of money going that route. Only problem is...he won't pass smog in Nevada with that carb'd 350.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

What are you looking for, more power, newer engine? The l98 has tons of parts available to make it better. Plus then when someone looks it is just another vette.

Trans Am owner
    former

in the y-pipe, clamp in a sectin of stright pipe, and when its time to do emissions, weld like 2 old catylitic converters together, and temporarily clamp em in.

that shoud scrub a lot of the junk off, but I dont know if it'll get past the sniffer.....

C4

Thanks for the reply's guys.Funny thing is it doesnt run bad at all! Just going on what the mechanic says.50% in all cylinders sounds like it should be significant but when I drive it regularly around town I dont notice much performance drop but maybe Ive gotten used to it and dont really know the power capabilities of this machine.Maybe I should just rebuild the engine thats in it.Price wise I thought it would be easier just to throw a used LT 1 in there and get more horses at the same time.Maybe TPIS would have something to offer. Your thoughts please?joej

Thread Information