black
    94 z28

intake questions

i pulled the engine out of my 94 z puttin the lt4 hotcam in there, porting the heads etc..etc, what do i need buy as far as injectors, throttle body , etc..

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Stock 24lb injectors should be fine. And the stock 48mm throttle body can stay, but you can have that ported to 52mm if you want.

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by kevinboy View Post
    i pulled the engine out of my 94 z puttin the lt4 hotcam in there, porting the heads etc..etc, what do i need buy as far as injectors, throttle body , etc..
    if you have alot of miles on the car , buying new injectors won't hurt. just buy some flow matched and make sure to have the car tuned. a larger size isn't needed though.

black
    94 z28

if i were to buy bigger injectors/tb how much hp?

red
    96 ss

injectors don't make more HP. they just make sure you get enough fuel to match the amount of air coming in, via the computers senor readings. a bigger TB won't add power UNLESS you can use the extra cfm. a 52 for you will be plenty , the best thing for you to do is tune the car on a dyno after all the new parts.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

The LT4 Hotcam is a small cam anyways. If you're going to go through the trouble of a cam swap, you might as well go for something bigger. There are even DD cams that will yield more gains than the hotcam.

black
    94 z28

ok thanx for the help i , so i can port my tb to a 52 and the injectors will be fine right

Bright Rally Red
    1996 Camaro SS

i am running the hotcam now and did not need any modifications to the injectors or TB. save the cash and find something else to spend on.

--------- Chris - 1996 Camaro Z28SS #1524 ---------
    LT4 Cam Kit | Comp Lifters/PR's | Jet Hot LT's & ORY | Corsa RSC Exhaust | SLP Bilstiens | S-C/D Rotors | 1LE Elbow | !EGR/AIR
    madZ tune | 17x11 Chrome ZR-1's | Berger Panel | Fillins | BMR STB | Autometer A/F & Trans Temp | !Mouldings | Zaino

Driving as fast as I can dafaic's Avatar

Silver
    97 TA M6

stock inj and tb good on the hotcam and the hotcam makes good power. But there are better cams out now that have better street manners and make more power. Since my tune I can fell the cam surge under 2000 rpms which is kind of annoying cause you have to stay in a higher gear or the car goes to jerking if your trying to putt around at 20 or 30mph. It doesn't putt very well it wants to go!!!
    Click for full size
    lt4 hot cam, l.e. heads, gold 1.6rr, hooker lts, 3"ypipe, hookercatback, no cats, subframes, b&m ripper, k&n cai, msd6a-coil-opti, udp, tr55 g's, ta girdle, 4.10's, boxed control arms, Madz28 tune, specstg3, alum. elbow. No traction

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by dafaic View Post
    stock inj and tb good on the hotcam and the hotcam makes good power. But there are better cams out now that have better street manners and make more power. Since my tune I can fell the cam surge under 2000 rpms which is kind of annoying cause you have to stay in a higher gear or the car goes to jerking if your trying to putt around at 20 or 30mph. It doesn't putt very well it wants to go!!!
    you need a new tune. check with jeff creech at www.carolinaautomasters.com he can get rid of the surge for ya

Red
    1995 Chevy Camaro

If youre gettin porting and polishing, Punch out the intake manifold to 58mm while its off the car. That way if u upgrade your T-body down the road you wont have to remove the manifold to get it ported. Also I saw that you are going to port/polish heads. Make sure u let them portmatch the manifold. A hotcam is a mild cam, but its all up to you and your taste in a cam. A big cam is not for everyone.
    Stock injectors are fine, trust me. The tune is the most important thing in your cam project. A good tune will make you go . Oh and 1 last thing. SPEND THE MONEY on felpro gaskets.

-Evilt4

black
    definatly have everything port matched and if your going to port and polish heads and intake i would definatly buy a 58. let that cam breath that is the most important thing, get headers and catback and a cold air intake. i would aslo reccomened hardend push rods. thats what i did but i got the 1.6 rocker arms and springs on mine. it will run w/out a tune but if you want the power your looking for i would go with a good tune PBJ (PERFORMANCE BY JOE), in
    St. louis

Thread Information