Thread: how much $$$???

Hark_Z

how much $$$???

To fully forge my bottom end? My cam is desinged to wind up to 7k and unfortunately now I'm only running it to 6400 to be safe. Any ballpark figures?? I haven't yet looked into this..

Thanks

red
    95 Z28

anywhere from cheap to really expensive, all depends on what parts you use, and how much your machine work costs, too many variables.

mystic
    95 LS, yes it says LS

I would say if you are going to go forged, then go for the stroked crank. you will have a little more block work but a lot more power.

red
    96 ss

Quote Originally Posted by Hark_Z View Post
    To fully forge my bottom end? My cam is desinged to wind up to 7k and unfortunately now I'm only running it to 6400 to be safe. Any ballpark figures?? I haven't yet looked into this..

Thanks
    na or nitrous or boost, stock stroke or stroker crank ? i'll guess that it is a factory bore and pistons , so you gotta get it bored over. need to know what path you plan to follow in the future.

question ,
    what kind of heads are you using that you need to spin it that high? kind of crazy to go that high if your heads arent made to support that rpm level with enough cfm, plus the factory ecm is gonna kick you hard in that rpm range not to mention the opti will start to blow apart

Thread Information