Black
    97 Formula

F-in 1LE elbow and air foil! Please help!

Ok, so I tried installing the 1LE elbow onto my car yesterday. I could not get the elbow to slide onto the TB for the life of me. I got it onto the MAF no problem, but it doesn't want to slide all the way on to the TB. I can get the left side of it on, but it doesn't want to completely stretch over to the right side. I also have the Moroso CAI if that makes any difference?

I hooked up the air sensor and opti-vent so that I could get the car back in the garage. I'm going to have my dad try and help me install the damn thing later today. Any tips to make it work?

[I just noticed how large that donkeydong thing really is when I took it out]

P.S. I installed my CompCams airfoil while I was at it. When I started the car, it just died on me. I tried again with the same results. I removed it for now. I think I read somewhere that I should make the air hole on the bottom if it bigger to keep the car from stalling?

Also, since I wasn't able to reconnect the elbow to the TB, I just left it where it was with the sensor and opti-vent tube attached just to get it in the garage. But I now have an SES light. Is that due to the elbow being disconnected? And will it go away once it's reconnected?

I installed my airfoil with no problems at all, but I certainly cant see it causing your motor to stall out... unless you dropped a screw down there LOL. See if you knocked the MAF wires loose, they are SUPER sensitive, and could very well cause your motor to choke on ya.

Although I dont have a 1LE elbow yet, I had a very simliar problem when I installed my CAI, the filter would NOT fit.. i tried for almost an hour before giving up for a few. i came back to it with a friend and we managed to get it on, you really have to stretch out new parts to get them on... try alittle lube see if that helps slip it on.

red
    95 Z28

You might try using a heat gun and warming up the rubber elbow to help it stretch, and maybe using something as a lubricant like WD40.

Black
    97 Formula

Update: So I got the elbow on with the help of a friend, what a pain in the ass. I completey removed the MAF to install the elbow, and then reconnected everything. But, the SES light is still on. I'm thinking the sensor that came with the elbow could be bad?

Could I just remove the sensor from the old elbow and install it onto the new one?

Provided that everything is correctly hooked back up, the light should eventually go out.

I believe the computer needs 3 sucessive "non-event" readings (no-repeats of the particular error code) in order to turn the SES light off. In other words, you will probably have to start up and drive your car around 3 times for the light to off.

Either way, you can still drive your car around safely.
    Vance Chula
    1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
    2010 Camaro 2LT RS
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/vchula

Black
    97 Formula

Ok, the SES light went away after driving it around for a little bit.

Thread Information