Exhuast dimensions and hiflow cats

I have SLP 1 3/4" shorties, and borla adjustable system and I want to get some hiflow cats, but no one seems to make them, so I need to pick some universals out.

I'm pretty sure the drivers side cat connects right off the headers no? and the passenger side has a tube that connects the headers to the cat under the passenger seat... then there are pipes that connect together and then into the borla exhuast.

my question, what size are all those pipes? are the cats 2.5" on both sides, or bigger on one side, smaller on the other? i cant find data either way.

and i'm guessing that the stockers will have to be cut off and the replacements welded in custom?

PS. I found this

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=4&pcid=99

but isnt the passenger cat under the seat? that doesnt look like it would fit.
    Last edited by grandkodiak; 03-07-2007 at 11:21 AM.

red
    96 ss

I have SLP 1 3/4" shorties, and borla adjustable system and I want to get some hiflow cats, but no one seems to make them, so I need to pick some universals out.

I'm pretty sure the drivers side cat connects right off the headers no? yes correctand the passenger side has a tube that connects the headers to the cat under the passenger seatits in front of the pass seat, where the hump is in the floor board... then there are pipes that connect together and then into the borla exhuast.

my question, what size are all those pipes?i think 2.5 is right but i trashed mine years ago, let the hippies worry about emissions are the cats 2.5" on both sides, or bigger on one sidesame size on the in and outsides of the converters, smaller on the other? i cant find data either way.

and i'm guessing that the stockers will have to be cut off and the replacements welded in custom?

PS. I found this

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=4&pcid=99

but isnt the passenger cat under the seat?see above answer that doesnt look like it would fit.good luck with it though

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I made a y-pipe connecting to my shorty headers on my 97SS. It is best to get an aftermarket y-pipe with cats or get one without(cheaper) and add cats to it. The stock dimensions are just under 2-1/2" in some spots and some spots more. The worst thing is that the drivers side header is under 2.5" where it connects to the cat.
    These pics might help you out as to what to do.http://pypesexhaust.com/gallery73.html
    Last edited by 9t8z28; 03-12-2007 at 07:09 PM.

Thread Information