Thread: Cam?

Cam?

I was wondering if i could get your opinion on a cam.
    I have a 11:1 lt1 with 2.0-1.60(stock castings) 1.5rr and full bolt on. The car made 363rwhp and torque was 336. Which seems horrible for a 11:1 car. Cam is way to large. Duration is 260-268 @ .050 and lift is 609 lift with 108lsa.

what can would you recomend?*Thinking gm847

And i want to go 66-6700rpm

red
    95 Z28

Yeah that's a lot of cam for stock heads. That's the bottleneck. Ideally, you really want ported heads with the 847 as well. You can put in a high rpm cam, and it still isn't going to breathe for shit if the heads wont support it. You could take the 847 to 6600, but it's going to fall off with stock heads.

Cam?

heads are port and polished. have 2.00/1.60 valves. but issue is its a solid cam setup and i believe all solid cams have to custom grinded

red
    95 Z28

When you said stock castings, that usually means not ported. That was my confusion. And I'm not sure what you're saying about solid cams. That they're all custom grinds? That's not true, there are tons of solid cams out there off the shelf. A built LT1 with heads/cam, should be an easy 400rwhp engine, even with a hydraulic setup. So something was definitely wrong with the setup or the tune. If your ported heads could support enough flow, that cam would have been fine, albeit not the best street manners or emissions.

An 847 is still a middle of the road cam on specs, and could quite possibly be better matched to your heads' flow numbers.

Thread Information