New TL /sold my 9th Fbody Chad97SS's Avatar

Blicker / Turn Signals

My 2 front daytime running lights are on but they don't blink. I replaced both front bulbs and bought a flasher at Autozone (not Bosch) and It still didnt fix it. But then yesterday, they started blinking when I turned them on. But today they are not working again. Both side on the front are working just maybe "sometimes". what gives? Everything else blinks as it should. (inside and rear). Both front bulbs work or both don't work. It's never just one or the other. Thats the best clue I have.

Black
    1997 Firebird Formula

sounds like the turn signal switch is going out on you.

but all the other lights blink. cluster and Rear end.

Black
    1997 Firebird Formula

Then I would say that it's either your wiring or the bulb socket. I'd lay money on the bulb socket. But, it's not a bad idea to check the wiring to the sockets as well.

red
    95 Z28

Blinker fluid low?

actually, The blinkers worked when I left but by the time I got home from work, they were not working again. Something is funky. I can hear the flasher blink and everything seems like it works like it should, but the front bulbs don't flash. When I turn the signal on, the front daytime running lights go off, but it doesn't blink. And it stays off until I turn the blinker off.

If the problem is the bulb socket, then why would BOTH side not flash, then decide to flash. Its not one side or the other.. It's both together. see senior? =)
    Last edited by Chad97SS; 05-02-2008 at 08:44 AM.

correction: the passenger side blinks today but not the drivers side.. It keeps changing

ok now both are working again and I didn't touch anything. Isn't that fabulous.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Definately check the sockets. Clean the contacts and put on some dielectric grease to help keep the moisture out.

yes I definately will. I was thinking the same thing after I read these posts. but, I went in to get my oil changed this morning before I drove to austin and I knew I needed an inspection too, but I wasnt going out to get one, but rather just the oil change.. And the place I went to, did inspections too.. and holy cow if both signals were working fine! (once again) .. So, I pulled in and he check it out and the front signals were not flashing again.. So he could not approve me.. So he finished with the oil change, and low and behold the signals were working once again.. And he saw that.. And he said, if they work when I get it into the bay, then I'll certify your car.. And Holy highway to heaven, it was working in the bay!! So I got my inspection sticker that is due this month.. HA! Now I just need to check for voltage at the front light sockets.. And actually, I need to check it with the the socket completely disconnected. because if its grounding out my bulbs then I could get a bad reading even if my bulbs are disconnected from the socket while the socket remains on the harness. So, I hope there is a way to disconnect the socket from the harness. Either way, I can at least check the socket for corrosion first.. and get to the testing later. I have a EE.

Thread Information