Thread: 396

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

i want to build a 396 stroker. does anyone know where i can get a complete kit and for how much? or would it be cheaper to piece one together?

LT1 Guy

Quicksilver
    03 Corvette Z06

There are a few companies. I dont know who this sites sponsors are so plz forgive me. I would be willing to bet one of them can get you a deal on a kit. Lunati has a sledge hammer kit for applications from 9.0:1 to 12.5:1. They also have a pro series that is alittle cheaper in the same compression ranges. I personally went with the pro series. Scat kits are much cheaper but not rated to the same power levels. Eagle makes a good kit using keith black pistons. Your price range is going to very greatly on weather or not you want it forged or cast. I would buy a kit rather then piece it together. That way you know the assembly is balanced together.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Just keep in mind, that with the large increase in power that comes with more cubes, the more things you will have to upgrade as well to keep up with the increase. You'll most likely need a stronger tranny, rear, better fuel delivery system, and maybe some suspension. Just something to keep in mind.

Thread Information