Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

white
    1994 trans am

Smile 1994 trans am exhaust

Hey guys, I love the sound of dynomax and would like that exhaust on my car. However i am confused as to how i would put dynomax bullets on. Would i run 2 bullets or just one after my cats. Any advice would be great! Thanks

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

On a stock exhaust? I have not seen or heard of that personally.
    You can buy a dynomax cat back system. or a magnaflow catback system.
    Most people using dynomax bullets are tring to quiet down a SLP loud mouth known as the LM1 or LM2. The LM2 uses a bullet style muffler or are running true duals. After changing to Long tube headers and off road Y pipe(no cats) the LM1 and 2 get really loud and some really hate the sound so the dynomax bullets and the Borla XR1 bullets and I think magnaflow makes one as well, they queit down the LM1 or 2 a little bit. If you still have the cats on the car and plan on keeping everything forward of them you can buy a cut out. They make these electric so you have a shop cut and weld it in after the cats and Y and you can open it from inside the car via a switch. this allows you to open it as much as you want and allows you to make the car quiet again. Something all of us want that have loud exhausts when the phone rings lol.

white
    1994 trans am

lol yeah that would be nice. I just thought that if i ran the stock cat back, i could throw two bullets on before the tips. Is that not plausable at all?

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jmac17 View Post
    lol yeah that would be nice. I just thought that if i ran the stock cat back, i could throw two bullets on before the tips. Is that not plausable at all?

So are you wanting to leave the stock catback intact without the stock muffler? If so, you'll just have to have some sort of y pipe so you can still have dual tips. Or a single-in, dual outlet muffler if dynomax makes one that you like.

white
    1994 trans am

I planned on running 3in piping from my headers back using the same layout as the stock catback. So it would be like the system that i have now instead of 2.5in piping it would be 3inch. With that said, is it possible to run bullet mufflers or will I have to get a tranverse single inlet, duel outlet muffler.... does dynomax make a muffler that sounds as good and loud as their bullets?

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

If you have the experiance and tools to do that kind of exhaust work go for it and throw a bullet in before the axel but as 5.0 said you need a Y to do dual tail pipes. You can also try to do the bullets after the y and do them before they get to the tips but there is not much room for that. Other wise go to you tube and find out what cat back system you like and order it. If your thinking that the 3inch pipe is going to gain you any HP, its not going to do much if anything at all. The muffler thats used is what makes it sound better. If your wanting to make power on an LT1 go with headers. If you can get away with it, go long tubes. Other wise search on you tube for clips of cars with just cat backs done and listen to those because headers are going to change the way the exhaust system sounds.

white
    1994 trans am

do you think one bullet before the axel and the y pipe will produce the same sound as two bullets on after the y splits?

Trans Am owner
    former

do somthing different for a sound that nobody else will have.

sweet thunder chambered mufflers, or spintech super pro streets, or single chamber flowmaster.

all are good choices, and all sound REALLY good. I personally had longtubes, no cats, and magnaflow and wish i had somthing louder....

white
    1994 trans am

the only reason why i say dynomax bullets is because it loud and doesnt have a rasp and its pretty cheap haha

Trans Am owner
    former

those sweet thunders are just as cheap, and have a really unique sound.

uh.....bullets not having rasp???? yeah, good luck with that. we just put bullets on my buddies trans am with shorties and a decent cam in it. it rattles the whole car, and drones somthin fierce. yeah, it sounds like a mud truck.....

so if you want ur nice lookin 4th gen to sound like a hillrod swamp truck.....go ahead and throw some bullets on there

white
    1994 trans am

every sound i listen to on youtube involving dynomax bullets doesnt have a rasp prime example - [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwwraJJKylI[/ame]

Trans Am owner
    former

alright man, if you wanna trust a low quality youtube video over people that have heard this stuff in real life, thats your call. its practically the same as a loudmouth. just a little resonator.

white
    1994 trans am

no lol ive heard them in real life and i guess thats the tone that i want, I just didnt know how, where i would postion the bullets if i got them and how many i would get... any advise on that?

Trans Am owner
    former

Quote Originally Posted by jmac17 View Post
    no lol ive heard them in real life and i guess thats the tone that i want, I just didnt know how, where i would postion the bullets if i got them and how many i would get... any advise on that?
    yeah, texas speed sells a true dual system that bolt on. and so does LPP. thats the easiest way.

or, you could fab up some straight pipes, throw a x pipe on, about 15-18" more tubing the bullets with dumps before the rear axle. thats the most popular way to do it

white
    1994 trans am

i really dont want to dump it... im just worried about the exhaust not being loud enough if i put a bullet before the axel and a bullet before the exhaut exits on the drivers side ( if i used a y pipe after the axel)

Trans Am owner
    former

oh....itll be loud enough. theres hardly anything in those little bullets LOL

white
    1994 trans am

Sorry to be repetitive, but i just want to clarify your statment before i get my exhaust in a couple of days . If i ran 3in SS piping from my headers back without a cats, i should throw a bullet on before the axel... after it goes over the axel should i buy the dynomax part number 53365 http://dynomax.com/assets/instructio...structions.pdf
    or just have the shop make me a y pipe.... after i use either one of those i should then throw another bullet on for the drivers side exhaust pipe... thanks again for all of you help it is very much appreciated

Trans Am owner
    former

i'd have the shop build me somthing better. that dynomax part is just for looks. its trying to route the exhaust backwards. thats just for looks.

white
    1994 trans am

well thanks for your help I really appreciate it. It was hard to find a definite answer to my question i just hope that my exhaust is loud as SHIT! haha thanks again dude

red
    95 Z28

It's not going to make a damn bit of difference if the bullet mufflers are before or after the axle. What will make a much bigger difference is where the exhaust terminates. If you exit it underneath the car as was suggested above (as opposed to out the rear at the bumper), it will be much louder inside the car.

Thread Information