Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

green
    94 z28

02 WRX talking shit?

Hi everyone. Recently an old friend of mine got a 02 wrx. We were pretty good friends, but then another ex-friend which is good friends with the wrx owner stole my ipod and was talking shit to him about me just to piss him off. So now, they both are trying to talk shit after I got my iPod back.

The iPod stealer has a 99 cougar, and is afraid to race. He keeps using the excuse that he's saving the miles to sell the car, but keeps insisting to race the WRX even though he wouldn't even be driving it.

I have a bone stock 94 6-speed z28. His is a stock 02 WRX. What are the chances and what can I do to be sure that I win.

Things I have planned for the car anyways:
    *Making my own fiberglass hood.
    *K&N Cold Air Intake.
    *Underdrive Pulley(How long do these take to put in?)
    *Jet Stage 2 Performance Chip(I don't have to have stage 1 do I?)

Exhaust/headers are out of the question right now, considering I'd have to pay someone to put them in and just quit my job and waiting for another.

I know he'll start off nice in the dig, and the car being 900 pounds lighter doesn't help. Know of any good lightweight wheels to replace my stock 16" wheels?

What HP/torque should I AIM for for a sure win from the dig?

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

his car is NOT 900 lbs lighter..that sounds like ricer talk...lol..who the fuck told u that bullshit? google it.......belive there about 3200lbs.your 3400.......youll smoke him once out of the hole...no worries..racem........heres the numbers......hes about 180 awhp.....your 240 rwhp...at nearly the same weight......what do u think will happen? put the intake on at teh very least and DONT spin all over the place out of the hole and chalk up the win

green
    94 z28

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    his car is NOT 900 lbs lighter..that sounds like ricer talk...lol..who the fuck told u that bullshit? google it.......belive there about 3200lbs.your 3400.......youll smoke him once out of the hole...no worries..racem........heres the numbers......hes about 180 awhp.....your 240 rwhp...at nearly the same weight......what do u think will happen? put the intake on at teh very least and DONT spin all over the place out of the hole and chalk up the win
    Well...I actually believe it was wikipedia that gave me the info of the car weight. Let me go back and check to see what it says...but if they are the same weight it sure does make me feel a lot better, lol.

EDIT:

from wikipedia:

The 2002MY WRX NB sedan debuts on September 2001. The mechanical specifications are similar to the previous year's model but the curb weight has been increased to 1350 kg.

1350 kg is 2,970 pounds. Pretty sure it said that the camaro was about 3,500. So still, about 500 pounds. He weights about 25-30 more pounds than me, has a stock hood against my soon to be fiberglass, and has a big ass wooden sub box in the trunk where my whole enclosure is fiberglass and hardly weights a thing. So just from our own body weight, the hood, and the enclosure I gain about 75 pounds easy.

With eBay, what are some good tires for racing? I plan on having some just for racing, just change them every time I go to the strip. My daily drivers are still in decent condition but racing on them will just make me have to buy a new set soon anyways.
    Last edited by xinthenight; 06-26-2007 at 09:29 AM.

pewter

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/wrxsti2006.html

3192 lbs ..smoke his ass..there slow as fuck from a roll man.....i beat one in my acura rsx-s from a roll......i wouldnt even race an lt1 when i had my rsx.i knew better.......if that tells u anything..goodluck

green
    94 z28

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/wrxsti2006.html

3192 lbs ..smoke his ass..there slow as fuck from a roll man.....i beat one in my acura rsx-s from a roll......i wouldnt even race an lt1 when i had my rsx.i knew better.......if that tells u anything..goodluck

Did you mean to say "put the air intake in at the very most" or did you actually mean for me to at least put the intake on? From the way you were talking it confused me, lol.

pewter

sry man......u dont NEED it to beat him....just saying its cheap hp..do it anyways ...worthwhile mod and should be your first

Road Race Addict

White
    1999 Firebird Formula

The WXR in stock form isn't anything to worry about. I've autocrossed against them and beat them at thier own game at times. In a drag race you should kill him, it might be close to 60 because of gearing but if you run the whole quarter mile you'll pull him easily after 60.

its just a wrx smoke his ass

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

You will destroy him. Just don't let him kill you off the line, and you will smoke him like he's going backwards.

And even if he does take you off the line, just hold on and watch as you blow by him after the first 100 ft

green
    94 z28

Well, the main reason I'm even racing him is because of another friend that stole my ipod and now he's acting like a pussy and won't race me in his cougar because "I'm saving the miles and trying to sell it" so he talks shit to another friend of mine and makes up crap to get him pissed at me and suggested him to race me.

We were going to race about 2 weeks ago but he had the excuse "My tires are slick and I need new ones" so he'll be having new tires and also claims something is wrong with his first gear(not sure what it is). I'll be getting my check Monday and trying to decide what mods to get(not just for him, been waiting on this check anyways).

A magnaflow cat-back - $350 shipped
    K&N Cold Air Intake - $200
    Stage 2 Jet Chip - $250
    Underdrive Pulley - $100

I already have the stuff to make a fiberglass hood, just not sure how I'll be bolting it on.

The CAI and jet chip are suppose to help gas mileage too...so I'm thinking those may be my first 2. I just quit my job and waiting on a new one so I don't really want to spend more than $700-$800 at the moment until I make some extra cash from a side job of mine to make sure I'll have money for food/gas until I do get the job.

So which 3 out of the 4 mods listed above should I get for a stock 94 z28? Not just for the z28, but in general.

red
    95 Z28

save your money on the underdrive pulley and jet chip. they wont do much.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Stop all this jet chip talk. DO NOT buy it, it is crap.

green
    94 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    Stop all this jet chip talk. DO NOT buy it, it is crap.
    Well, I seen in this magazine for Chevy cars that it put on 2 HP and I believe it was like 15 ft-lb and about 2 mpg. I figured it was worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    save your money on the underdrive pulley and jet chip. they wont do much.
    The underdrive pulley in the magazine gave them around 20 hp after they already had a few mods done...but the 20 hp was all from it.

So I guess just stick with the CAI and exhaust first?

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by xinthenight View Post
    The underdrive pulley in the magazine gave them around 20 hp after they already had a few mods done...but the 20 hp was all from it.

So I guess just stick with the CAI and exhaust first?

No.... it didnt.

I've seen guys dyno with no serpentine belt and they didnt gain 20hp.

So, believe what you want, but 20hp is horseshit. I have an underdrive crank pulley and compensating alternator pulley, and it was worth maybe 5hp. I got it because it slowed down the power steering pump, and quickened up throttle response just a bit, both good for racing that involves turns.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Get an exhaust cut out and ditch the cat. You can also have a local exhaust shop do a system instead of the magnaflow. They are usually only 200-300 depending on your muffler selection. Normally aluminumized steel and not stainless, but if your on a low budget it's cheaper. You can also do some LCA relocation brackets to help out with traction a bit that will make you faster. When combined with the intake and tires it'll really help you out quite a bit. Putting a 5.0 shifter in that thing will make a world of difference going gear to gear also. I can shift so much faster and preciser with mine it's probably comparable to gaining 8HP. I'm sure you can find a mess of used parts to keep your costs down also.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

get an ls1

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

but in a quickness

10's N/A

Stick with your torquey LT1 and PLEASE don't add any "racer stripes" in the future. Seriously, the first thing you shouldis exhaust as the stock system is soooo restrictive. I see so many people who think intake, pulley, etc. before exhaust and that's not the way. Uncork that restriction first, then go from the intake.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

NO!.....I KONW what im talking about...lt1 is all caveman....dive into the world of ls1..where dreams come true

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 35thAnniZ28 View Post
    NO!.....I KONW what im talking about...lt1 is all caveman....dive into the world of ls1..where dreams come true

Enjoy your vacation!

Thread Information