candy red
    95 chevy camaro z28

02 Sensors Car Stumbling

hey guys i just had a new engine(lt1) 40,000miles installed new heads and all, because the rings on my old engine had broken, and there was oil leaking through my exhaust.... im running 3in pipes front to rear Borla with hooker headers with no cat converter, i also had new plugs and wires installed during engine change

So the problem im running into now is the car seems to stumble when i accelarate almost like its on E and running out of gas....my mechanic unplugged my 02 sensors because he said that they seemed to have oil on or around them..but i havent gotten my car back...im wondering will unplugging the 02 sensors make the car ride smoother? should i buy some electronic cleaner and clean them and plug them back up? or what are some of your guys opinions

2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

check the fuel pressure at the schrader valve, was the opti replaced? O2's could be it too, if you unplug them it makes the car revert to memory on what to do and not respond to the O2's in a way. if unplugging them fixes it then just replace the O2's

candy red
    95 chevy camaro z28

No i dont think the opti was ever replaced to my knowledge.. however before i unplugged the 02 sensors the car was actually driving and then stalling, but when i unhooked the 02 sensors the car wont stall, it will just hesitate like the car is running out of gas...... im trying to figure out would cleaning the 02's work? do i need both 02's being that i dont run a catalytic converter?

and this is my first time driving the car in a month with the new engine and trans, so i might also need to put some injector cleaner and gas treatment in her

Thread Information