Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

WS6 W/438rwhp???

Ok guys a WS6 just came to our mustang site claiming he put down 438rwhp and 448rwtq NA at our dyno day. When asked about his mods he first said it was a cam only car with .624" lift intake and exhaust 113 LSA. Now he's saying it also has a few bolt ons, but still has the stock longblock and is untuned. The car has run 11.68@116 on this setup. All I want to know are these #'s and times legit for a stock longblock (except cam) LS1? Also he claims these #'s running a power robbing ford 9" rear.

Of course he's come to our site to cause trouble and gloat about his LS1 so naturally I've called him out to a track day. I've run 11.67@119 and he claims we are gonna be neck and neck, but he'll be on motor. What do you think guys I need a little education here.

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

I'm at full exhaust, a lid.. and a tune and I'm at 356rwhp. :s

I have no doubt LS1's will make power NA, but the highest I've come across is 390rwhp on the stock longblock and that car had just about every bolt on there is. This guy also claims our dyno read 20hp less then the last dyno he was on.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

i'm gonna call b.s. on the "untuned" part,but his claim is plausible.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

There are cam only LS1s that will dyno 430 range with the supporting bolt-on mods. His dyno #s and track times are not unrealistic or that uncommon for his mods.

I have a hard time believing he has not had any tuning though.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

I just find him hard to believe since I've never seen a stock longblock ls1 f-body get into the 11's and I'm not saying its not happened just I haven't seen it at our track. I've even seen ls1 camaro's with nitrous not be able to get into the 11's at our track. His claims are mostly unbelieveable because on his first post he said he put down 438hp and 1200tq so I called bs on that and he said their dyno was messed up on his run.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

c'mon man,a completely stock camaro ss m6 has run 12.96@107.43 in the 1/4(dec 2005 gm high tech performance magazine,englishtown raceway)on stock radials and in june.so why a 11s so hard to believe?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

11s for a cammed LS1 is very common with supporting mods and tuning.

Flame Red / Orange Custom
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by stang910 View Post
    I just find him hard to believe since I've never seen a stock longblock ls1 f-body get into the 11's and I'm not saying its not happened just I haven't seen it at our track. I've even seen ls1 camaro's with nitrous not be able to get into the 11's at our track. His claims are mostly unbelieveable because on his first post he said he put down 438hp and 1200tq so I called bs on that and he said their dyno was messed up on his run.
    my TA has about 400-420 HP and about 400 TQ but I have all bolt ons and everything you can do to a motor becides bore and storke but I have a stock block stock size crank & pistons 0-60 mph in about 3.5 sec all N/A so im pretty sure it is possible but no way in hell dose he have 438 HP & 1200 TQ thats just complete and utter BS. Most likely the guy is either f-ing with you or he is on some type of drug lol.
    98 Trans Am Custom Paint, Ghost Skuls On Racing Stripe + Custom Front Lip, :MODs Tubular K-member, Tubular Upper and lower A-arms, Tubular Control Arms, 4:10's, Cam L-.567/.575 D@.05-.212/.218,1.85 Roller Rockers, P&P Heads, ARH Headers & HF Cats & Y-Pipe, SLP loudmouth catback, +'s

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    c'mon man,a completely stock camaro ss m6 has run 12.96@107.43 in the 1/4(dec 2005 gm high tech performance magazine,englishtown raceway)on stock radials and in june.so why a 11s so hard to believe?
    I believe his times and his dyno #'s, but I just think he's hiding the truth about his mods. I think he's spraying it. Looking through this tread http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39974 is another reason its a little harder to believe. He would be a minority in this post. Also I've not heard back from him since I've called him out.

pewter
    2001 transam ws.6

Ok guys a WS6 just came to our mustang site claiming he put down 438rwhp and 448rwtq NA at our dyno day. When asked about his mods he first said it was a cam only car with .624" lift intake and exhaust 113 LSA. Now he's saying it also has a few bolt ons, but still has the stock longblock and is untuned. The car has run 11.68@116 on this setup. All I want to know are these #'s and times legit for a stock longblock (except cam) LS1? Also he claims these #'s running a power robbing ford 9" rear.

Of course he's come to our site to cause trouble and gloat about his LS1 so naturally I've called him out to a track day. I've run 11.67@119 and he claims we are gonna be neck and neck, but he'll be on motor. What do you think guys I need a little education here.
    my put out 381rwhp and 375 rwtq with blower cam 115 with LT header

Don't forget about his stock unported heads and busted up exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    this I find hard to belive, a .634" intake cam with stock heads, no runners? This dosn't seem possible without having to adjust your valves every time you drive?

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Im going to go ahead and call BS on the whole story sounds like someone just messing with you guys....

Flame Red / Orange Custom
    1998 Trans Am

More than likely

2011 Prius

While this story may not be true... But do Mustang owners really think they have our cars beat? I have not seen many Mustangs beat my car, seen a few of the newer ones keep up. But still never beat.

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    While this story may not be true... But do Mustang owners really think they have our cars beat? I have not seen many Mustangs beat my car, seen a few of the newer ones keep up. But still never beat.
    Look man, we are not on here to start the "my car can beat up yours" game. We just came here to further expand our knowledge about high performance automobiles

"The first step in defeating your enemies is to better understand them" -Katsumoto

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post

Really?

Well said Joey..

Thanks buddy.

silver
    2002 ws6

his story is easily possible--- but it seems like he's stirring up trouble

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information