WS6, Ram Air, T-Tops 6 SPEED PRICE.

ok, so here is the latest deal From Boxergirl the seller has negotiated down from 14995 to 12000, she had a mechanic look it over and they told her it only needs rear tires, not fronts, which is WRONG. My mechanic said there all bad and are the wrong size, so I have to replace all 4. the car is a WS6, 6 Speed, Ram air, 57,000 Miles, perfect body and paint, MINUS the bubbling in the sail panel and I KNOW I WILL have to eventually repair it, otherwise perfect car gorgeous. it did sit for 8 years, but was started several times a week, I am aware of the leaking potential and I will be very watchful for any leaks. interior is spotless, leather not a single flaw, I need to put on new tail pipes as the ones on there are awful and are way to low does anyone know how much that will cost me? I don't need a muffler just the pipes. my last offer is going to be 11,500 does this seem like a good price? she's at 12,000 right now. I want this car.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

without seeing pics or car in person it sounds like a fair offer.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by boxergirl View Post
    ok, so here is the latest deal From Boxergirl the seller has negotiated down from 14995 to 12000, she had a mechanic look it over and they told her it only needs rear tires, not fronts, which is WRONG. My mechanic said there all bad and are the wrong size, so I have to replace all 4. the car is a WS6, 6 Speed, Ram air, 57,000 Miles, perfect body and paint, MINUS the bubbling in the sail panel and I KNOW I WILL have to eventually repair it, otherwise perfect car gorgeous. it did sit for 8 years, but was started several times a week, I am aware of the leaking potential and I will be very watchful for any leaks. interior is spotless, leather not a single flaw, I need to put on new tail pipes as the ones on there are awful and are way to low does anyone know how much that will cost me? I don't need a muffler just the pipes. my last offer is going to be 11,500 does this seem like a good price? she's at 12,000 right now. I want this car.
    It really comes down to what any purchase negotiation is about, "fair and reasonable". If you believe that $11,500 gets you the best. Alue, taking into account the maintenance that you know you will have to do, and hedging against some that you don't know about. Then you take into account what the market will bear for a similar car. (Sorry, I negotiate procurement for a living, I drive salepeople in emotional driven markets like cars nuts )

In my opinion, all things considered, if you are happy with tthe car, and have extra money set aside for repairs plus some, I would say do it.

I want to post photos for you all but there all JPG files and I cannot figure out how to post them, I am very computer savvy but when I hit attach a photo, it only allows me to link a URL vs a JPG File. can someone please advice? I want to show you this car.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Need to upload on photobucket, then copy the IMG code and paste it in the "Insert IMG" button above the post window.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Click for full size

I hope this works. okay so if you look at the car what do you think? it is nice, however those pipes
    are not to my liking, and there to low, are they something I should replace or just get them lifted up as there low.
    I am not sure if those rims are nice, I would like opinions, also you can't see the sail panel well but its very
    bubbled, but the car is perfect inside, all leather. If I get it I want to post the clutch as its very different than what
    I had in my 1999 and its very stiff and the shifting is tight and short, I think its been modified.
    The picture doesnt really show all that much, but it looks okay. The wheels look like late C5 Corvettes, either factory or replica (aftermarket). Only thing I can tell about the tail pipes from that angle is that they seem way big.

Before you put the money down, get the VIN number and go to a GM dealership have them run the VIN and make sure it has the WS6 code. It probably is a WS6, but different wheels and different exhaust pipes would make me take pause. The WS6 part of the car brings a premium to the price. If it is clone, I wouldnt pay as much.

Hard to tell from the picture to answer questions, but I'd say those aren't the speedline wheels that normally come on a WS6. They are possibly a corvette version but can't tell. Looks fine though.

Exhaust,,,,,can't tell much from the picture but in most cases you can tweak on the hangers in the back and move the tailpipes around to your liking without much hassle. Just depends on what you are looking for.

As far as price, I think $12k is more than fair for the car with just 57k on it.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Definitely c5 wheels probably replicas. Tire width can't tell in the picture but 275 is stock width but I've seen several with tires that are narrower then that. What brand are the tires and size?

Pipes do look weird but like others said hard to tell from this angle look like they angled down to me.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Apparently the wheels are for a Corvette and are to large for the car as they rub on the right side and squeak, my mechanic said the tires are shot, so there going. I wasn't sure if the rims look okay or not but I can always replace them. I like the stock tail pipes better than these tips, they just don't look good to me but I am not an enthusiast like you are all. I will keep you posted on what transpires. Thanks for your input, its much appreciated.. silver is my favorite color but I haven't been able to find one in a 6 speed, only automatic.

Apparently the wheels are for a Corvette and are to large for the car as they rub on the right side and squeak, my mechanic said the tires are shot, so there going. I wasn't sure if the rims look okay or not but I can always replace them. I like the stock tail pipes better than these tips, they just don't look good to me but I am not an enthusiast like you are all. I will keep you posted on what transpires. Thanks for your input, its much appreciated.. silver is my favorite color but I haven't been able to find one in a 6 speed, only automatic.
    Ha, my silver 6 speed would have fit the bill for you nicely and saved you a little coin to boot.

If it makes you feel better you can look at it this way. No matter how many you look at there will be a few things you don't like about each car. I've never bought a used car that I loved everything about it. You just have to figure out which things you want to deal with and which things you don't, or which things you just don't care. Pick the lesser of the 2 evils, then that's the car you want. To me, tailpipes and tires are minor, in most cases personal preference. You might not like the brand of tires on there anyway even if they were usable
    For the money you are spending I think you did well. If you want absolutely perfect and brandy new I can tell you a handful of those around here like that with barely 100 miles on them are selling for $30-$35k, pretty much what they cost new 15 years ago.

Just trying to look at the glass half full, if that makes ya feel better

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

I think something other than the wheels is creating that rubbing and squeaking. The widest those 'vette wheels came Factory was x9.5 and I think aftermarket offers x10.5. Unless they are running a crazy wide tire, or running a wide spacer, they shouldn't be rubbing because of the wheel. They also would be rubbing on both sides. Sounds like a bad shock and/or spring to me.

Interesting. the noise I heard was really loud on the right side, it was squeaking. the mechanic said it was the tires as there the wrong size for the car, but I think he was lazy, I hope to god he checked it out as good as he said he did, however I haven't heard back from the seller so at this point I am moving on, unless I hear otherwise. I found a 2002 Ram air but its at a dealer and I really prefer to buy from a private party, the dealer is asking 15,999 with 87k miles, we know a dealer prices high so I might go look at it, but I like to deal with a person who can show me maintenance records. Thanks again for the info.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Interesting. the noise I heard was really loud on the right side, it was squeaking. the mechanic said it was the tires as there the wrong size for the car, but I think he was lazy, I hope to god he checked it out as good as he said he did, however I haven't heard back from the seller so at this point I am moving on, unless I hear otherwise. I found a 2002 Ram air but its at a dealer and I really prefer to buy from a private party, the dealer is asking 15,999 with 87k miles, we know a dealer prices high so I might go look at it, but I like to deal with a person who can show me maintenance records. Thanks again for the info.
    Just remember that dealer prices arent firm. If you arent doing a trade in, point that out, that drops the amount of potential investment loss for them somewhat. Tell them that you are a serious buyer, and that you will buy the car for $xx,xxx contingent on a second inspectors (of your choice)opinion, that you are covering the costs for (it sounds like thats the route that makes you feel safe in the deal, rightfully so).

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Have you seen Scorch's 99 T/A that for sale in our "for sale" area? Higher mileage than you might want, but it looks gorgeous and the price might be worth a flight to the East coast.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I would nab it for $12k if you can, if you can't talk her to $11,5k like mentioned. In my area, an '02 WS6 with 80k miles books for $12k so that sounds good, factoring in the maintenance needed. I would change the tires, fresh fluids and oils throughout.

The exhaust is a small issue. You can have a shop fix it quick. From the look of the tips, it looks like a SLP exhaust. If it is a stock muffler, they may only be the SLP tips just installed sloppy/incorrectly and not tucked back enough. Either way, the tips are the staggered style, and they appear to be in the improper side for which they were designed for. They both need removed and swapped to the opposite side of the car. The longer ends should be on the center bumper side and the shorter tip sides should be towards t sides of the car. Quick painless fix.

On a negotiation sidepoint however, it wouldn't hurt to keep explaining that you need to have an exhaust re-done just to make it sound like it 'needs more maintenance' to fight for the lower price however.
    Last edited by DarrenWS6; 06-27-2015 at 12:43 PM.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
    I would nab it for $12k if you can, if you can't talk her to $11,5k like mentioned. In my area, an '02 WS6 with 80k miles books for $12k so that sounds good, factoring in the maintenance needed. I would change the tires, fresh fluids and oils throughout.

The exhaust is a small issue. You can have a shop fix it quick. From the look of the tips, it looks like a SLP exhaust. If it is a stock muffler, they may only be the SLP tips just installed sloppy/incorrectly and not tucked back enough. Either way, the tips are the staggered style, and they appear to be in the improper side for which they were designed for. They both need removed and swapped to the opposite side of the car. The longer ends should be on the center bumper side and the shorter tip sides should be towards t sides of the car. Quick painless fix.
    Click for full size

On a negotiation sidepoint however, it wouldn't hurt to keep explaining that you need to have an exhaust re-done just to make it sound like it 'needs more maintenance' to fight for the lower price however.
    ^ this, but also anticipate replacement of front shocks and mounts. Also get that VIN run to make sure its a WS6.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

What was the outcome? You haven't said much recently so I am assuming you passed?

Thread Information