Thread: ws6 questions

Black
    2004 Mustang GT

ws6 questions

What’s up guys, I am planning on trading my 04 mustang GT in for a ws6 in the next week or so. I want to research this a little before hand. First will I be faster stock? My car will run solid 13.60s at around 103. I want to make sure I am buying something faster, not just something different. Next, what does it take to run in the low 12s high 11s? My goal is a car that will trap 115mph plus with no FI or nitrous. Finally what are the concerns with this car? I know the rear end is a little questionable, but just how much will it hold? Any other quirks I should know about? Thanks for the help guys.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

wow where to start. well corcerns about the cars are really just minor ones. like a twisty frame(sfc's will cure that) um the headlight gears tend to get worn down. the door thingy cracks very easily. ok so now. the stock t-56s can take a shit on you if you dont maintain them or miss shifts/add alot of power. um if its a a4 the 460le (i think) will be pretty decent, needs a shiftkit and some tunning. ok..WS6,SS, z/28 and T/A all run about the same. If you can afford it get a 01-02. They use the ls6 intake and some use the block too. well to run 12-11 you'll need some heads/cam. headers and exhuast. great tune tq/converter if your running a A4. some new gears generally 3.72 for a A4 and 4.10 for a m6. you'll need to upgrade the tq arm..and driveshaft and much more in the suspension so you can actually get the power to the ground. Also typically you'll need a 9" or a 12 bolt. however some people are running stock 10 bolt and running some serious times *cough* ed *cough* he's about the only one i know of. some of our cars are factory freaks and run low 13s stock. Well i hope this helps.
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

ok, the t56 is a freakin bullet proof manual and those a4's are crap. I've beat the shit out of my t56 and i know a guy with a stage 3 a4 that has shat out about 6 times now.

a stock ws.6 is just as fast as your car is right now. a modded ws.6 with less restrictive intake/tb/headers/exhaust plus a tune and a few suspension elements like tq arm, lower control arms and subframes will be very quick. Its a simple forumla; if the car can inhale and exhale smoothly, it is going to perform better.

ps, read the "kills section" to find out how our cars do against stangs

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    ok, the t56 is a freakin bullet proof manual and those a4's are crap. I've beat the shit out of my t56 and i know a guy with a stage 3 a4 that has shat out about 6 times now.

a stock ws.6 is just as fast as your car is right now. a modded ws.6 with less restrictive intake/tb/headers/exhaust plus a tune and a few suspension elements like tq arm, lower control arms and subframes will be very quick. Its a simple forumla; if the car can inhale and exhale smoothly, it is going to perform better.

ps, read the "kills section" to find out how our cars do against stangs
    now you have a shit load more posts then me, but stock t56s are not bullet proof. The 460le*(not sure if thats the name) is a very good trans to. If you take care of it. if the tranny is shit before the shift kits then its only going to get worst. not to mention if he shifts a a4 manually it will screw you, and the rebuild quality all play factors. The t56s and 460le are good transmissions if you treat them reasonable and maintain them. There are people of course that get a shitty A4 or a shitty M6 there are also instances were they beat the f'ck out of them and they still keep on going..lol sorta like ed's stock 10 bolt.. also isn't that stuff what i posted..oh nevermind..i didn't say shit about the intake flow and exhuast flow i'm not trying to sound like a ass wipe..and i'm sorry if i come off like one. but i'll go back to listening to my boring prof in class.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

we're just itterating 2 different views, my only drive train issue was the clutch and slave cylinder....asswhipe man...long time since i heard that.

no hate though.

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    now you have a shit load more posts then me, but stock t56s are not bullet proof. The 460le*(not sure if thats the name) is a very good trans to. If you take care of it. if the tranny is shit before the shift kits then its only going to get worst. not to mention if he shifts a a4 manually it will screw you, and the rebuild quality all play factors. The t56s and 460le are good transmissions if you treat them reasonable and maintain them. There are people of course that get a shitty A4 or a shitty M6 there are also instances were they beat the f'ck out of them and they still keep on going..lol sorta like ed's stock 10 bolt.. also isn't that stuff what i posted..oh nevermind..i didn't say shit about the intake flow and exhuast flow i'm not trying to sound like a ass wipe..and i'm sorry if i come off like one. but i'll go back to listening to my boring prof in class.
    The T-56 is a tank, its only missing upgraded sincros to be the same quality that goes into the dodge viper t-56... the A4's are shit, as for the guy who's a4 keeps getting rebuilt, the company doesn't know what they're doing

Black
    2004 Mustang GT

i would never drive an auto, they are just not fun. the syncros in my stangs tranny keep going out so i hope i dont have the same issue with the t56. i am in a huge debate with myself on geting the T/A or just puting a blower on my mustang. i have always liked the look of the WS6 and i know the ls1 has a great rep. i just dont want to get into the same boat i am in now where i have a ton of bolt ons and still get beat by turbo 4cly (not that it happens that often) i have only ran one ls1 fbody and the guy couldnt drive so i dont know how quick they are in comparison on the street. i do remember the last time i drove a bolt on T/A and it seemed WAY faster than my car is now. i just dont know what to do.

Pewter
    2000 WS6 A4

Bone stosk 2000 WS6 A4 W/ firestone street tires @ 30#s, went 13.46 last tuesday night. Add a lid some long tubes, and good exhaust......Who knows.

Black
    2004 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Thorazine Shuffle View Post
    Bone stosk 2000 WS6 A4 W/ firestone street tires @ 30#s, went 13.46 last tuesday night. Add a lid some long tubes, and good exhaust......Who knows.
    nice time. what was your 60'? trap speed?

98' trans am

lol well shit never mind i guess the t56 is leet. man i got

Thread Information