Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

WS6 horsepower numbers

This is a discussion on WS6 horsepower numbers within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by blackbirdbrain89 i have ran more then one 03-04 corbra ... they will eat a ls1 on a ...

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdbrain89 View Post
    i have ran more then one 03-04 corbra ... they will eat a ls1 on a dyno and still lose a race .... its s/c with stock pullys his power band is in the low end ...... 03-04 corbras have the same gears and trans as us u know that thing we break .... t56 rated for 450 lbs of tq as my car sits ts got p&p tb maf slp lid and magnaflows along with free mods and short shifter ... i beat ever 03-04 s/c corbra i have raced ... i get them by a car and .5 by the end of 1st gear ... corbras can lunch thery independnt rear suck kinda like a gto ... then ls1's pull the hell outta the high end ... un less the corbra has pulleys a m6 ls1 car shuld win .... a better race woulod be a ls2 gto vs a 03-04 corbra
    a stock ls2 gto generaly has a very slight edge vs a stock ls1 fbody sooo hummmm??? lol

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

have a lid and slp loudmouth with 323s.. a4.. raced a 99 cobra (stock as far as i know.. m5 of course..).. 50-90 1 car...... 35 or 40-100..2 cars... im guessing from a dig i could add another car since he was a m5.. not enough difference to be able to tell... but im sure we have much more torque... thats just typical for stock mustangs..... so yea down low you would feel more.. if you have traction..

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    a stock ls2 gto generaly has a very slight edge vs a stock ls1 fbody sooo hummmm??? lol

yea.... i dont know about a near stock f body outrunning a c/s cobra.... but you could be a hell of a driver against sucky ones????

Black
    '01 WS6

323.95 rwhp / 337.81 rwtq stock

332.23 rwhp / 346.88 rwtq with slp air lid.

have corsa catback now but have yet to dyno to see the difference in numbers.

'01 TA WS6 43k miles

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

the dealer i bought mine from dynoed the car on there dynojet and it was

326.7 rwhp
    342 rwtq

all it has is a ls1 motorsport lid that i will changing to he volant system sson

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

ok for one gm didnt under-rate the f-body for the gto's sake..the f-bods were done before the gto. the ls1s dyno the same..be it corvette,f-bod, or gto. ws6s dyno about the same as a stock t/a. the reason why ls1s fluctuate is due to gm's high build tolerances on ls1s ls1s range from 28x to 31x ....it all depends..also their are slight differences in dynos also between models due to header design, and pcm ect...but engine alone on a engine dyno would dyno in the same range..no mater what platform they came out of.

Black
    99 Formula

my firen had i believe a 99 cobra, his best run was 13.9 @ 102, he usually ran 14.3 @100. My 99 formula when new, first pass had 3.73 and a midas turbo muffler ran 13.3 @ 107. SC cobras are a great race, thankfully ive beat every one i raced butt never know. Recently beat GT500 butt i have a few more upgrades now. N20 hee hee hee.

Black
    2010 Black Camaro 2SS

I have an 02 WS6 auto and ran a 13.2 w/slp lm and slp lid, i heard GM underrated our amazing machines for insurance reasons on a website that goes through all the gens of TA's and breaks down the differences of LS1 cars 98-02, 01-02 are supposed to be faster than 98-00..

here is a video link of me running my roommates Supercharged 5.0 guess who won?

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...ideoid=8316030
    Last edited by Mustang Killa; 02-29-2008 at 10:02 AM. Reason: i spelled slp lip instead of lid

2002 CETA 6M COUPE

wtf is a corbra???

i used to be a mustang guy... but what is it???

lol...

cobras have an edge. i'm sorry if you don't believe. stock v stock. cobra runs high to mid 12's stock. my uncle owns an 04 and he's ran 12.4-12.7 stock. a stock T/A will not run that. i think that it is driver mod. it's isn't a driver's race. a bad driver in cobra will make for an easy kill for T/A will an avg driver.

now start modding the T/A and Cobra... then it's a different category. i have a T/A and I know for a fact a Cobra is Faster... however Ford needed to put in a Supercharger in order to beat an LS1.

gold
    2000 honder accord

Quote Originally Posted by The_Wretched View Post
    wtf is a corbra???

i used to be a mustang guy... but what is it???

lol...

cobras have an edge. i'm sorry if you don't believe. stock v stock. cobra runs high to mid 12's stock. my uncle owns an 04 and he's ran 12.4-12.7 stock. a stock T/A will not run that. i think that it is driver mod. it's isn't a driver's race. a bad driver in cobra will make for an easy kill for T/A will an avg driver.

now start modding the T/A and Cobra... then it's a different category. i have a T/A and I know for a fact a Cobra is Faster... however Ford needed to put in a Supercharger in order to beat an LS1.
    Please dont say ford Hadto put a super charger on their car. They just took something and made it better. Just like Gm did with the LS they ditched 346 ci in favor for 364 in the ls2 then on to 376( not to sure) from the ls3.

I hate when people say they needed a super charger. Im sure ford could have built a 5.7 liter engine to keep up with the lsx. But they choose to boost their modular.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by andrew rs View Post

I hate when people say they needed a super charger. Im sure ford could have built a 5.7 liter engine to keep up with the lsx. But they choose to boost their modular.
    i agree that its bullshit when people say they needed a s/c.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Killa View Post
    I have an 02 WS6 auto and ran a 13.2 w/slp lm and slp lid, i heard GM underrated our amazing machines for insurance reasons on a website that goes through all the gens of TA's and breaks down the differences of LS1 cars 98-02, 01-02 are supposed to be faster than 98-00..

here is a video link of me running my roommates Supercharged 5.0 guess who won?

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...ideoid=8316030
    you def tore him a new one off the line

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by andrew rs View Post
    Please dont say ford Hadto put a super charger on their car. They just took something and made it better. Just like Gm did with the LS they ditched 346 ci in favor for 364 in the ls2 then on to 376( not to sure) from the ls3.

Well, I hate to break the FACTS to you, but ever since since the '93 LT1 f-bods appeared, stock-to-stock & comparable driver skills, ALL Mustangs would see are the tail-lights of a V8 f-bod UNTIL the '03s w/ the blower. So yeah, they HAD to blow their teensy ohc mod-motors to touch GM pushrod V8s.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Black
    2010 Black Camaro 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
    you def tore him a new one off the line

Thank you much

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag View Post
    Well, I hate to break the FACTS to you, but ever since since the '93 LT1 f-bods appeared, stock-to-stock & comparable driver skills, ALL Mustangs would see are the tail-lights of a V8 f-bod UNTIL the '03s w/ the blower. So yeah, they HAD to blow their teensy ohc mod-motors to touch GM pushrod V8s.
    well in that case, GM built a bigger motor in order to beat the mod motor.
    so i guess GM also cheated.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    not saying i'm on either side of this little debate, but gm's motors had always been 5.7L when they came out with the lt1 and the stang at the time had a 5.0 then ford went down to a 4.6 while gm stayed at 5.7 (but really went down to 346ci from 350) so i wouldn't say gm cheated. all that i know is that i realy would like to see a roots type blower on my ls1

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Psychosis View Post
    ^ with him. People stock usually dyno over 300 horsepower. And at the crank you typically (for any car) have around 15-20% more power. I'm not sure if Cobras are really underrated. I'm not sure why Ford would do that, but GM underrated these cars to make the Corvette and GTO seem faster and worth the extra $$$.
    Actually, in '99 Ford was sued by many for overating their cars. They stated 305HP (or something like that) at the wheels and were really tuning 280HP at the wheels and 305-310 at the crank. They wanted to claim the 300HP number and make it close to the F-Body at the time as if GM performance in Camaros and Firebirds sales were of any threat to them. Plus, that was peak HP. The curve in our LS1 motor is flatter so we're into the power for a longer period of the curve. That can make a big difference. That is what you are feeling.
    I'd say, '01 Cobra in general is .5 second slower car in the quarter.

One thing I'd like to point out is until 2002 GM had the faster pony car. Which is when GM ditched the Camaro and Firebird. If GM had put on a S/C to compete with the Mustang in '03 I would have bought one. Too bad they ditched the effort. It will be interesting is how much faster the '09 Camaro will be over the '09 Mustang. I hope they come out with a Camaro S/C version for competition with the Shelby GT500. I can't stand the look of the GT 500's or I would have bought one already.
    Last edited by Mecinoid; 03-17-2008 at 08:15 PM.

pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

I beat the crap outta my friends 04 mach1 also two c4 corvettes lt1's and many mustangs gt's with the 4.6L I'm not sure what the true hp is on my car I just know I haven't been beat by any car that has raced me yet. Just an fyi also, my teacher who has bulit race engines for over 20 years said if you take tq times rpm divided by .5252 you get your hp at the wheels. Only problem with that is you eather have to go with the factory tq rating which might be underrated or get it dynoed in which case you will just get the hp as well. Just thought I'd put that out there.

99 TA a4 headman lt's, off road y-pipe, tranny tune, and emission delete....hehehehe sorry mother nature.

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

"if you take tq times rpm divided by .5252 you get your hp at the wheels" mine came out to like 30000HP to the wheels.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    i wouldnt say gm cheated, i would just say ford sucks. they had every opporitunity to build a bigger engine, they chose not to. historically ford doesnt know how to make big hp without forced induction.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information