Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

WS6 Hood Question

So I've been searching for a hood for about a year now and I finally found one within an hour and a half of where I live and its already painted black so huge score on that one...but I have a couple of questions about it before I pick it up.

Its not a factory WS6 hood so I'm aware I could run into some misc fitment issues but can I use the hardware from my standard TA hood to mount it on my car? Latch, bolts, etc?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Latches yes, You may have to bend the release hook handle a little. Also not sure about the struts. With my WSQ hood I ordered the struts they recommended because the stock ones would have damage the hood. They also included different bolts.

You may have to add a spacer for the hood latch. I used 2 nuts for mine till I can fab something up.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Latches yes, You may have to bend the release hook handle a little. Also not sure about the struts. With my WSQ hood I ordered the struts they recommended because the stock ones would have damage the hood. They also included different bolts.

You may have to add a spacer for the hood latch. I used 2 nuts for mine till I can fab something up.
    I thought about the struts as well because this hood is going to be a pretty decent amount lighter than mine since its fiberglass...I'll try and snag as much hardware as he'll let me get from his car to be on the safe side and I might not install struts at all until I can get some lighter ones...

I'm wondering if it would be better for me to just take the hood to a body shop and make it somebody else's problem when it gets installed lol
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Same color as yours?

I have mine rough fit for now. I still have to get the nose on, which will happen this weekend. It also needs painted too so that will be going to a paint shop for that.

I see there are going to need areas sanded around the lights to get the gap tighter and still be able to open them.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Same color as yours?

I have mine rough fit for now. I still have to get the nose on, which will happen this weekend. It also needs painted too so that will be going to a paint shop for that.

I see there are going to need areas sanded around the lights to get the gap tighter and still be able to open them.
    yea the hood is the exact same color as my car which is nice...even if its off by a little bit I can live with that because usually you cant tell with a color like black unless you hit it with some florescent light or something. Brighter colors are way harder to match imo.

I'm just excited to get rid of the sleek beak...It was good to me but its gotta go.

Thread Information