Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ws6 help

ws6 help

hi new guy here. i just picked up a 02 t/a ws6 and have afew questions.

1. niether of my key fobs work tried the whole hold down the 2 buttons for ten seconds. still dont work. but when i open my door the alarm will go off if i dont get the key in quick enough any ideas?.

2. the front parking lights are alwasy on when the key is one. is this normal?.

3. and lastly this is my first ls1 and im a little bit dissapointed. i expected alot more power. its quick but barley breaks the tires free in first gear. and only in the upper rpm range. does this sound normal? the car only has 33000 on it and seems to run fine.

4. the service engine light came on earlier with code p0442. "evaporative emission control slow leak" i reset the code and its of for now but what would have caused this?.

Black
    1999 T/A WS.6

For #1.. Do you mean the keyless entry? Replace the battery in it. You can get them almost anywhere. Just use a penny to twist into the slit and pop it open.

RED
    1998 TRANS AM

ya have directions in your manual to program your keyless entry
    try it ...
    i did

metallic pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by siluna123black View Post

1. niether of my key fobs work tried the whole hold down the 2 buttons for ten seconds. still dont work. but when i open my door the alarm will go off if i dont get the key in quick enough any ideas?.

3. and lastly this is my first ls1 and im a little bit dissapointed. i expected alot more power. its quick but barley breaks the tires free in first gear. and only in the upper rpm range. does this sound normal? the car only has 33000 on it and seems to run fine.

4. the service engine light came on earlier with code p0442. "evaporative emission control slow leak" i reset the code and its of for now but what would have caused this?.

2.my lights are always on

no owners manual any one know the reprogram sequence?.

Black
    02 WS6 TA

parking lights are always on

now greybat66

Red
    1998 trans am

parking lights are always on they are daytime running lights as far as your car not breaking the tires loose that sounds bad not only is it a ws6 its a 2002 with low mileage .It should rip the asphalt out , your car comes with 323 automatic or 342 stick gears. My car is a 1998 trans am not ws6 has 273 gears the lowest gears of any trans am and i could peel a whole block with very little mods.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

if you feel its lacking power then there is something wrong..breaking the tires free shouldnt be a problem at all. did u have an autocheck done on it?

thanks for the replies guys. i just picked it up and havent done anything yet. im also more of a older car guy(meaning i dont know crap about computer controlled engines) so whats a auto check. i used a scan tool and only came up eith the one code and the ses light hasent come back on since i reset it.

the car is quick if i punch it taking a corner it does kick out sideways a bit but doesnt leave any marks or anything. havent punched it from a dead stop but from a first gear roll it just barly breaks the tires loose and a little chirp when shifting to second.

also besides common stuff like headers and cat back any thing that is considerd to really wake these cars up?.

now greybat66

Red
    1998 trans am

these cars are fast stock my car doesnt have headers just bolt ons and even stock with the low 273 gears for a automatic car it burns rubber from a standstill and has always burned rubber u should really have the car checked.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

an autocheck is like a carfax but much better

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

if it s a 6 speed i would check the clutch and flywheel. if its worn badly you will loose lots of power. and that would be easy to wear out in 33k miles with the wrong driver.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

We also have an '02 WS.6 -- mostly stock and with an A4 it hauls ass. People cannot believe how quick the car is -- both from a stop and a roll. Start with the basics: Check your air filter, clean your MAF and throttle body with the appropriate spray cleaner, replace your fuel filter, take a look at your plugs (at least two or three to see how they look), make sure there are no vacuum leaks or other obvious problems under the hood, etc...

i have an 02 stock WS6 with 25K miles and it hauls balls. goes through the tires very very easy. Do me a favor and make sure you check your traction control if the light is on. No burnout.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by garcia2002 View Post
    i have an 02 stock WS6 with 25K miles and it hauls balls. goes through the tires very very easy. Do me a favor and make sure you check your traction control if the light is on. No burnout.
    hahaha i remember my first time in a t/a, i was looking to buy it as my first car, it had t/c and the owner was telling me about it and how to fool my mom into thinking it wasnt as powerful as it was, i flipped the t/c off and thought it was on, rammed the gas pedal and slicked those tires until i realized i messed up, my mom said no. haha.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by garcia2002 View Post
    good call

Slowass SUX!!

09 Sierra Denali AWD
    2001 T/A WS6 NBM

thanks guys. clutch is not slipping and i dont have t/c. i guess ill just do a complete tune up and autocheck for now alown with some good cleaning and see what happens.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

thanks guys. clutch is not slipping and i dont have t/c. i guess ill just do a complete tune up and autocheck for now alown with some good cleaning and see what happens.
    my clutch wasnt "slipping" either, then one day on the highway, after going through a toll booth, my car wouldnt go into gear. never thought i had an issue prior. not saying you need a clutch or anything, but its hard to tell sometimes. my pressure plate, disc and slave all needed replaced, they were wasted, and my car only had 19K on it. i bought it with 12K, the original owners must have beat the shit out of it. after my new clutch car felt like it was reborn, completely different, tons more power.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Whoa whoa whoa.... This is a WS6 with no traction control?!

My guess was the traction control too.
    Last edited by silverWS6; 06-03-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Thread Information