Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WS6 got STOLEN

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

WS6 got STOLEN

well guys my car was stolen last night or early this morning no glass on the ground or anything,i went out to go to work and realized it was gone,i have full coverage,but its just dealing with the process that is nerve wrecking,i dont even want the car if they find it i know it will be stripped down to the bone i was in new orleans with the car when it happened i drove it last night someone may have been following me and waited to strike or they were riding around looking for a trans am i dont know

Mystic Teal Metallic:320c
    1998 Camaro Z/28

ahh man that sucks i feel for ya...wish the best for you

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

That sucks!

Hate to hear that. Hope the whole process goes smooth for ya.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Never a good thing to hear. I also hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Wow that blows man, sorry to hear that. First you get rear-ended and now this

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

Dang man, sorry to hear it. Hopefully it'll turn up somewhere.
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4
    SLP cold air intake/lid, SLP smooth bellow, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow exhaust, BMR STB, adjustable Panhard rod, SFC's, LCA's, 1LE sway bars, cross-drilled rotors

2002 trans am ws6

Reading threads like this makes me want to put a hidden switch for the fuel pump. Just
    Like everyone I hope everything goes smooth with the insurance company.

Quote Originally Posted by dav-02ws6-m6 View Post
    Reading threads like this makes me want to put a hidden switch for the fuel pump. Just
    Like everyone I hope everything goes smooth with the insurance company.
    On these cars, you can just pull the relay for it and put it in your pocket Ignition relay will do the same thing. Easy to put right back in the next morning.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    On these cars, you can just pull the relay for it and put it in your pocket Ignition relay will do the same thing. Easy to put right back in the next morning.
    That's what i do when I am out of town.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

Sad to say, if somebody wants the car bad enough, they'll get it regardless. A couple of guys and a wrecker will have the car hooked up in no time and it'll be gone before you know it.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Wow that sucks. I know you said you wouldn't want it back, but I would. I don't want to have to find a replacement and probably start over modding.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Sorry to hear. Hope it all works out for you somehow.

2002 trans am ws6

On these cars, you can just pull the relay for it and put it in your pocket Ignition relay will do the same thing. Easy to put right back in the next morning.[/QUOTE]

I never thought of that. now I know when I am out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by FinZ28 View Post
    Sad to say, if somebody wants the car bad enough, they'll get it regardless. A couple of guys and a wrecker will have the car hooked up in no time and it'll be gone before you know it.
    That's true with any car, but a tow truck in a quiet motel parking lot makes alot of noise and attracts attention. Especially when it's parked right outside your motel window. Things you can do to make this more difficult is to back in your spot and pick a corner. More work for them if they have to disiable the parking linkage or E-brake, or put the back tires on a dolly. Anything to slow them down will discourage them.

Truth be known though,,,,Most thieves avoid that and prefer stealth,,,,and they look for easy targets, something they can walk up and get into without much fuss. If you make it difficult for them,,,,chances are good they'll just move on to the next victim.

Yes.
    bunch of them

Hide your VIN plates guys and gals... Hate to hear it man...

Quote Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA View Post
    Hide your VIN plates guys and gals... Hate to hear it man...
    That brings up another funny situation I ran into. I've always hidden my vin plates. I've been told that extra keys can be made on some of these new cars, and the vats is easily bypassed (the chip only has 1-12 codes on these 4th gen keys) and they are easily read. Hiding the vin number was even on the news years back when I lived in Ohio, recommending that it should be covered to prevent theft because thieves were getting the vins, following people home, only to come back the next night with a ready made key and drive off.

Then I move to Arizona, and being out of state, every car had to be taken to the DMV and inspected for vin's and new titles. I had forgotten I had the vins covered on our 4th gens. To my surprise when they first saw that it almost turned into a spitting match. They were very unhappy, telling me how it was illegal to cover my vin plates and I could be charged. When I explained why, they didn't want to hear it and really got snotty with an attitude. Then while I was removing the tape so they could see the number, they told me if I scratched the vin plate "at all" they would consider it tampered with and possibly register the car as stolen and impound it.

Pretty friggin dumb, and I let them know what I thought before I left, they were none too happy. My wife kept trying to calm me down thinking it was going to get involved Sometimes they carry that shit overboard.

Red
    1999 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I was just speaking with the wife about this. One extra step of precaution can save many steps in recovery.

2002 trans am ws6

[/QUOTE]

That brings up another funny situation I ran into. I've always hidden my vin plates. I've been told that extra keys can be made on some of these new cars, and the vats is easily bypassed (the chip only has 1-12 codes on these 4th gen keys) and they are easily read. Hiding the vin number was even on the news years back when I lived in Ohio, recommending that it should be covered to prevent theft because thieves were getting the vins, following people home, only to come back the next night with a ready made key and drive off.

Then I move to Arizona, and being out of state, every car had to be taken to the DMV and inspected for vin's and new titles. I had forgotten I had the vins covered on our 4th gens. To my surprise when they first saw that it almost turned into a spitting match. They were very unhappy, telling me how it was illegal to cover my vin plates and I could be charged. When I explained why, they didn't want to hear it and really got snotty with an attitude. Then while I was removing the tape so they could see the number, they told me if I scratched the vin plate "at all" they would consider it tampered with and possibly register the car as stolen and impound it.

Pretty friggin dumb, and I let them know what I thought before I left, they were none too happy. My wife kept trying to calm me down thinking it was going to get involved Sometimes they carry that shit overboard.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like somebody there hated his/her job.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I put mine in my garage with the wheels off. If it is illegal to hide your VIN plates then how come when I bought my charger you can't see them lol, and I got both state and federal inspections done when I got it. Maybe it is different in VA. There are also police everywhere where I live so maybe that is a deterrent. That and I live in a quiet neighborhood with nosy neighbors.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Thread Information