Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

WS6 Emblem for the rear where to buy>?

I have had a hard time finding one of the WS6 emblems that go on the back, mine is red. I have tried gmpartsdirect and other places and no luck. It is a discontinued item. They have them on Ebay but for 102 bucks including shipping. Anyone know where you can get one without spending big bucks?

Thanks

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

check out our sponsor Third shift studio...there is also another sponsor that does the emblems

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

If youre trying to get the original ones that say "Performance Package" and not "Trans Am", or anything else, then they will be around 90-100 dollars. Mine was like 90 bucks i believe i got it from hawks third gen. If you just want one that sayin ws6 a bunch of sponsors on here carry them

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    If youre trying to get the original ones that say "Performance Package" and not "Trans Am", or anything else, then they will be around 90-100 dollars. Mine was like 90 bucks i believe i got it from hawks third gen. If you just want one that sayin ws6 a bunch of sponsors on here carry them
    i believe TSS and the other guy have the license from GM to make oem replicas

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    O really? I didnt know that, thats pretty sweet.

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    Yeah I want a real one. Thanks I will look. What is TSS so I can find it? I found cheap other ones but want the original.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by thomasterrible View Post
    Yeah I want a real one. Thanks I will look. What is TSS so I can find it? I found cheap other ones but want the original.
    third shift studios and afterthoughts auto have them. jst google them

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

checked them both

I checked both stores and neither had the emblems on their sites, I sent emails asking but think they would post them if they had them. There is a used one on Ebay that is at 55 plus 10 shipping right now and I would rather pay the few extra bucks from camaro hawk on Ebay to get the real deal, and hopefully it wont fall off again. I am trying to figure out the best way to prep the body so it will actually stick. Ebay has a replica for 10 bucks less with no backing but I would rather go with the OEM new one and hope the adhesive that it has the clone doesnt will work best.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Drop the $$ for the OEM one.

Isn't cheap, but it is the best quality (not a knock on TSS...does great work...but there is a reason it is cheaper than the OEM one).
    I might actually pick up another one just in case soon. Hell, since the car is black, get the CETA emblem.

Click for full size

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

Hell, since the car is black, get the CETA emblem.

Click for full size
    is the ceta one written in black instead of red?

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

Isn't cheap, but it is the best quality (not a knock on TSS...does great work...but there is a reason it is cheaper than the OEM one).
    I might actually pick up another one just in case soon. Hell, since the car is black, get the CETA emblem.

Click for full size
    I am going with the new oem one. One other good reason is hopefully the stock 3M tape that comes on it will make it stay on better. I plan to really prep the surface. What is a CETA emblem?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

What is a CETA emblem?
    The one in the picture.
    It is off the yellow Collector's Edition Trans Am.

Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    is the ceta one written in black instead of red?
    Stock and CETA

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

Another one

In the middle of the back on the bumper under the wing is what looked to me like a painted screaming chicken that said Trans Am, I thought this because it is faded at the top and cant see any edges for a sticker, though there are replacements. Anyone know if this was a sticker or some really bad paint job?>

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

The one in the picture.
    It is off the yellow Collector's Edition Trans Am.

Stock and CETA
    Click for full size
    Oh ok, collectors edition. Well mine is stock and came with a red one so to keep it stock I will go with what it came with from the factory. What pisses me off is that I noticed it coming off and bought some 7 buck permatex that was recommended and then it fell off to be found by someone that I am sure wont think it is worth a penny and I will of course never see it again. There are other things I would far rather spend 100 bucks on but I think it will just get more difficult to buy these in the future so I will get one now. If I run in to some money perhaps a second since it came off once, but I am more interested in figuring out what the deal is with that trans am/bird in red in the middle. That would look much nicer if fixed as the rest of the car is without any flaws.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

In the middle of the back on the bumper under the wing is what looked to me like a painted screaming chicken that said Trans Am, I thought this because it is faded at the top and cant see any edges for a sticker, though there are replacements. Anyone know if this was a sticker or some really bad paint job?>
    If you are talking about the picture of the one I posted...I am not sure what you are describing.
    That is my car...and while it isn't perfect, there are no problems with the paint in that area of the car.

My car originally had the red one as well. Felt the CETA one looked a little better.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

i like the ceta one alot better on a black car

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

I asked around quite a bit, and just when I was getting ready to drop the big cheese on one, I got lucky and found one from a member here for $25. Be patient... You will find one

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

No different thing

If you are talking about the picture of the one I posted...I am not sure what you are describing.
    That is my car...and while it isn't perfect, there are no problems with the paint in that area of the car.

My car originally had the red one as well. Felt the CETA one looked a little better.
    No I am talking about my car, also black, and something I have seen on many cars. Between the tail lights in the middle there is a thin red outline of a firebird and it says Trans Am. On mine on the top it looks like it was painted on and sort of worn, but I am trying to determine if it was painted on or just a decal, I ran across decals like it for 30 bucks. It is very minor, just a little worn looking at the top, the rest of the car looks almost new. All the cars came with them but I dont have a photo and was referring to mine. Do you know the part I mean? I cant post a photo for some reason.

I would love to get one of the badges for 25 bucks but it would be nice to be new as well. The used one on ebay went for close to a new one and did not look like it, especially against a nice black paint job the new emblems look nice. I had the hood of my black vette I used to have painted and the new emblem really made it look sharp, it had the vette flags of course but also some red reflective sort of looking stuff similar to the stock badge I am missing. I will be ok buying it if it just stays the hell on!!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Yeah...You are talking about the rear panel filler.

Mine is stock....

Black
    1998 Black TA WS6

Paint or sticker

Yeah...You are talking about the rear panel filler.

Mine is stock....
    Click for full size
    Yup thats the one. Mine just has a bit of fading at the top, is the a decal or paint? I have a catalog with those that are decals but think it odd that so many cars I have seen also have wear in the same place, usually worse than mine, but I would like to get it fixed. The rest of the car is pretty much flawless except for that badge that fell off and I would like to make it look as close to showroom new as I can so while this is a little thing it is probably the biggest issue I have.

They also look a bit more orange than red which I would have preferred.
    Last edited by thomasterrible; 08-05-2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: context

Thread Information