Thread: Ws6

Silver
    2002 Trans am

Post Ws6

Hallo
    I m a guy from Sweden that have bout me a T/A 2002 ram air WS6. Its a very nice car , but i want to have more horse power. I have 5000 dollars to buy parts for, what would you recomend me to by? woundering too by new cylinderheads, cams, headers, because i have no experience off "good or bad" brands, hope you could help mee with yours experience.
    Hopefully to have 450 hp.
    Sorry for my bad English, hopefully it vill be better

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

get you a lid,some LongTube Headers ARH or Kooks are good names, True duals or Catback with an ORY, Then youll be ready for a cam and heads setup...also you might want to think about a rear end fbodys are weak in that area

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen View Post
    Hallo
    I m a guy from Sweden that have bout me a T/A 2002 ram air WS6. Its a very nice car , but i want to have more horse power. I have 5000 dollars to buy parts for, what would you recomend me to by? woundering too by new cylinderheads, cams, headers, because i have no experience off "good or bad" brands, hope you could help mee with yours experience.
    Hopefully to have 450 hp.
    Sorry for my bad English, hopefully it vill be better
    welcome to the site!

black trans am

if u get the right heads and cam on a ls1 bottem end people have made up to and more then 500 rwhp. u would need to get AFR heads and a big cam. but if u make that much power ur going to break the rear end and if its a 6 speed ur going to need to get a much stronger clutch. if u have 5000 to spend im mods i would look in to a a pro charger if i was u.. or a STS set up

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdbrain89 View Post
    if u get the right heads and cam on a ls1 bottem end people have made up to and more then 500 rwhp.
    And your streetability is starting to lack pretty solidly.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

^

white
    1998 WS6 M6

procharger lol

White
    2000 Trans AM

just my 2 cents

Headers = I have ceramic coat pacesetters. Plenty out there but thats what I bought

Exhaust = I have a Borla exhaust.

Lid = A lid is a lid. But I bought Lingenfelter

Tinted windows = Not that it helps with HP but living in New Jersey and having Florida plates.... I love having it knowing locals can't. So I get my kicks off of people tears.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by WSICK View Post
    procharger lol
    hell yeah...

Jorg, consider these cars were built for strightline performance, despite the packaging, the ws6 is still a straight line car and those Swedish mountains are probably begging for an american v8 corner-carver.

Redo your suspension with some KONI shocks and Sam Strano Springs as well as some beefier front sway bars [up to 36mm]. that should run you about 1500 [considering shipping]. Take the other money and dump it into a heads/cam combo [don't touch the cylinders-they're fine as they are]. Sponsors like thunderracing.com have some nice existing combinations with drop-in capabilities in the $3000 range. Dump the rest into some high flowing exhaust and most importantly HAVE IT TUNED! I'm sure all of this will have greatly exceeded your budget but that's what modding is all about!

get ready to get your hands dirty, bud!
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 06-19-2008 at 09:56 AM.

black trans am

i will say that the f body is made for stright line but there are many used for road corse's. the fbody is a great all round car its not just for stright lines. at my local road corese (summit point wv) i have seen more then 20 f bodys in my 5-6 times going there. now im nota saying that its going to be the best thing but for what the car is its great for any thing that the scca has out there, but they dont make for veary good pro/ semi pro drifting. due to the sold rear axle

white
    96 ws6

procharger

Thread Information