Is it worth it to get a firehawk with a rebuilt TI

Is it worth it to get a Firehawk with a rebuilt title? i am looking at cars and im also trying to think of what would be a good long term investment like over 20 years or so. I found a firehawk with 44,000 miles on it for $15.5, but it has a rebuilt title. Will this car be worth anything in say like 20 years if i keep it in showroom quality? or would i be better off to spend $18k and get a low mileage perfect Ws6? thanks guys

GM Bright Red
    2002 Trans AM WS-6

Hmm.. That is tough... Typically though you will never get what you want out of a car that has a rebilt title. Is the WS6 an 02?

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i would say thats high for a rebuilt car,...well at least I wouldnt pay that amount for it.

pewter
    00 TA m6 vert

It all depends, how much damage the car suffered before it was rebuilt. I've seen cars that really had minimal damage, get claimed as totaled and have a salvage title attached. But on the other hand, I've seen cars that should've never been rebuilt put back on the road. I would never, never, never buy a salvage title car, unless I inspected it before any rebuilding had begun and had knowledge of what repairs needed to be done.

pewter
    00 TA m6 vert

as far as an long term investment goes.... most states don;t require a title if the vehicle is over 10 years old. You just need the salvage title to register the first time, from then on out your reg is just as good as your title. I'm not sure how Fl. works, you'd have to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by 123456speed View Post
    Hmm.. That is tough... Typically though you will never get what you want out of a car that has a rebilt title. Is the WS6 an 02?
    Yes the Ws6 is an 02, but the thing is im not sure completley if i could afford it or not right now. Im sure i could but then i wouldnt have money to play with so id rather not get it but im also looking for a better long term investment. Thanks for the help keep it coming..

PS i saw pics of the firehawk and it wasnt really bad at all. There was no frame damage and it was no where near as bad as alot of wrecked birds ive seen.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

What happened to it-that's the most important question. Get the most detail from who ever it is. Vin check/all that shit. Talk to the guys who actually did the work-if the seller won't pony up that info, tell him to take a hike. If he's not willing to make some arrangements, then he's either hiding something or not interested in moving the car.

Black
    00 WS6

I would not buy any car with a rebuilt title unless you knew what happened to the car adn that it was repaired correctly.

green
    98 formula

as a driver it really doesn't matter as long as the work done was right
    as an investment don't touch aanything other than showroom condition with clean title

cars are horrible investments anyway

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

first of all i have never seen an old car in great shape fetch big money with a salvaged title. a few yrs back i was asking my insurance agent how that works insuring a salvage title car and i was told that yea sure we will insure it but if your in a wreck even if its not your fault BUT we will only cover it up to the salvage price. i now every state and insurance company is a little different so what you need to do is buy my 02 hawk 46k with a clean title for 2,500 more than the one your lookin at.

arctic white
    2001 WS6 T/A

I purchased a prior salvage 2001 WS6 T/A with 50,000 miles, white with black leather, my brother is a bodyman and we went over and looked this car over, of course we couldn't get under it, I looked hard at both sides of this thing, front and rear, wherever it was repainted, it was done top notch, I had the door panels off this fall to adjust the windows, i found the passenger door was replaced, they didn't paint the inside of the door. The car drives and runs awesome, It was funny because this dealer had a regular T/A on the lot that he had just brought back from an auto auction, he didn't get 5 miles down the road and the left front tire grenaded, took out the front bumper cover, fender, wheel, minor hood damage, basically the car could have a marked title had he turned the damage in to his insurance, I would definitely have somebody look it over, normally you would deduct dam near 20-25% off of retail because of the salvage title. I picked this one up for $10,700, I don't regret it a bit, I couldn't afford this car otherwise. They are definitely a little steep on the price. goodluck.

red
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

another thing to keep in mind is that it is nearly impossible to get a loan on a rebuilt car. some loan companies and banks wont loan anything on them because the blue book value they go by is either $0 or 1/2 the price of a clear title car

whats the difference between a salvage and rebuilt title?

arctic white
    2001 WS6 T/A

salvage title means the car was totaled out by the insurance company and the owner was payed the value of the car, I know if the vehicle is involved in an accident and the damage exceeds $3500 they only make you fill out a disclosure statement when you sell it, I don't know if the title actually says rebuilt.

red
    1999 Trans Am WS-6

a salvage title is given when the car is totaled by the insurance company. the car is not legal to be driven and cant be tagged or insured. once the car has been rebuilt and inspected a rebuilt or reconstructed title is issued which can be used just like a regular title when you get tags and insurance. most people just refer to them all as salvage title cars

Thread Information