Thread: Wipers

black
    02 trans am ws6

Wipers

I WAS TRYING TO REMOVE MY WIPER ARM MAN THAT BITCH IS STUCK BAD I DONE EVERY THING SHORT OF BEATING THE CRAP OUT IT ANY BODY HAD THIS TROUBLE I TRYD PULLING IT I USED BATTERY POST REMOVER AND IT WONT MOVE AND YES I TOOK OFF THE NUT LOL I SWEAR IAM GOING TO FUCKING LOOSE IT. SO HELP

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

This is common on may cars. I have a tool called a wiper puller (it kind of looks like a battery cable puller for removing corroded battery cables from the battery) that I use at times because I have to remove them to install windshields.

Once you apply pressure with the puller take a small rubber mallet and hit the wiper arm at the pivot point (were they pivit to allow you to change the blades).
    2001 WS6 TA Red. Stock, 6 spd, LS7 clutch, Catback, Harris Nitrous Kit, Custom Painted Flames, Wolfe 6 point rollbar.
    1998 TA Black. 408, t350, nitro daves plate w/dedicated fuel cell, mini tubbed, 30" dr's. 9.75 @136mph on a small shot. Fastest LSX in Alaska, Pump gas, never trailered street car.
    2007 TBSS. Silver, Factory Stock

black
    02 trans am ws6

ya i been looking for 1 at auto parts i cant seam to find one i seen some on line thanks

Mean Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by txoutlaw69 View Post
    ya i been looking for 1 at auto parts i cant seam to find one i seen some on line thanks
    yep i had to use the wiper arm puller and it solved my problems. Keep looking im sure will find one.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Just try to keep in mind that the base of the arm (where you're working) is made of pot-metal which is junk.. Too much gusto and "snap!".. I know this because I fuddled with mine too and it snapped off shooting across my lot..lmao..

The other thing that can happen if you're too rough with them is the drive arm underneath can strip and the wiper wont move while the other does.. I had to pull the driver mechanism out and weld the drive arm back to the shaft.. There's only a small patch of slines so it's easy to stripe it.. Good luck..

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Some PB blaster can ease this process as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Just try to keep in mind that the base of the arm (where you're working) is made of pot-metal which is junk.. Too much gusto and "snap!".. I know this because I fuddled with mine too and it snapped off shooting across my lot..lmao..

The other thing that can happen if you're too rough with them is the drive arm underneath can strip and the wiper wont move while the other does.. I had to pull the driver mechanism out and weld the drive arm back to the shaft.. There's only a small patch of slines so it's easy to stripe it.. Good luck..
    LOL, left my wipers up and opened my hood when I first bought it and I tested that metal. Failed miserably.

RED, BLACK
    2001 WS6, 1998 TA

Just go to your local windshield replacement shop and ask them to do it. It takes 2 minutes of there time and you won't have to buy the tool.
    The company that sells them is Equalizer.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by JayTA98 View Post
    yep i had to use the wiper arm puller and it solved my problems. Keep looking im sure will find one.
    Same for me, had to do it two weeks ago.

Thread Information