Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Lightbulb Winter Storage Tips

Theres a lot of talk about winter and modding/storing your cars going on. I figured we could get a thread going on storage tips. Some people straight put the car away for 4 months, others like me will drive their T/A only if its somewhat warm and sunny. Looking to get a broad range of input. I keep mine in the garage , very clean, always have a full tank of gas in it. every few days as long as it is above 40 I will let my engine cycle till the block temp is at normal running op. If its sunny and there isnt salt and crap in the road I will take it out for a bit to warm the trans and differential, and cycle the tires. Also I put all new fluids in b/f it hibernates for the winter.

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

Mine is covered in my garage on a balanced trickle charge. I put padding under each tire to prevent any flat spots and there is a tarp on top of the floor to prevent any moisture from coming up through the concrete.

@#$% You I'm from TEXAS Rojerlockless's Avatar

ASC# 285 Born Oct 26 2001
    2002 Collectors EDTA

I drive mine

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    Theres a lot of talk about winter and modding/storing your cars going on. I figured we could get a thread going on storage tips. Some people straight put the car away for 4 months, others like me will drive their T/A only if its somewhat warm and sunny. Looking to get a broad range of input. I keep mine in the garage , very clean, always have a full tank of gas in it. every few days as long as it is above 40 I will let my engine cycle till the block temp is at normal running op. If its sunny and there isnt salt and crap in the road I will take it out for a bit to warm the trans and differential, and cycle the tires. Also I put all new fluids in b/f it hibernates for the winter.
    Thats pretty much exactly what i do with mine. And if its not too wet out ill take it somewhere and wash off any dirt or salt off before i put her back in the garage.

Shhh! There's a
    hooker in the trunk

mines in the garage, washed waxed covered, battery out on a trickle charger, full tank of gas with stabil in it. and my dads harley chained to it lol we dont want to lose either if we had a break in. just changed the oil before putting it away. and storage insurance on it knock on wood..........

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I just make sure to wash off the road grime and salt about every week, and keep they chrome wheels clean and protected. not really storage just what I do when its winter.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

I go out and start it every once in awhile and take it out when its pretty nice out but when its sitting in the garage I just have a garage heater that keeps it between 60* and 70* at all times when its only 5* outside lol.

NBM
    2000 WS6

You're one of the lucky guys that can still get their car out after they put it away.....

You do everything right....

I bury mine in the basement around November and can't get it out till March even if I wanted to....

Put Stabil in the gas tank and a battery tender on the battery and thats it. Been doing this since new and not ever a problem......
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

I keep a full tank of gas in and start it on wamer days. If there is no salt then ill let her warm all the way up and take it around the block a few times. Otherwise it sits in the garage at all times untill April 1st.
    99 TA-T56 swapped, Lid, TB Bypass, LS6 Intake, !EGR, !AIR, Custom Cam, Mids, O/R-Y, 3:73s, Cutout, Flowmaster.
    A4 numbers w/ mids only 320RWHP 333RWTQ
    Cam numbers and track times soon.

98 NBM Hardtop Formula- Bone stock, A4, 187,000 miles
    13.8@ 103 2.1 60' 1357 DA

Silver
    1999 Chevy Camaro Convert

Mine's in the driveway covered, I did an oil change (Royal Purple/Lucas), washed and waxed it Filled it up with a full tank of premium. I want to do a full detail this weekend to make sure its all fresh & clean ready to go when it comes out of hibernation. This is the time to MOD before spring. I have to do an LS6 intake swap sometime before then. I'm gonna try that stabil in the gas sounds like a great idea. I try to start mine once a week. I don't drive it when salt's on the road. Chicago is one of the worst cities for salt on the roads.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 99DROPTOPZ View Post
    Mine's in the driveway covered, I did an oil change (Royal Purple/Lucas), washed and waxed it Filled it up with a full tank of premium. I want to do a full detail this weekend to make sure its all fresh & clean ready to go when it comes out of hibernation. This is the time to MOD before spring. I have to do an LS6 intake swap sometime before then. I'm gonna try that stabil in the gas sounds like a great idea. I try to start mine once a week. I don't drive it when salt's on the road. Chicago is one of the worst cities for salt on the roads.
    I used to live in Rockford so I know exactly what you are talking about, its horrible. I swear you can find rust on every damn car.

SOM
    2002 firebird formula

i drive mine as well....

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

ok guys is you live in a warm climate , then obviously you dont store your car ,good for you,.....SOOO,.......
    NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW THAT YOU DRIVE YOUR CAR,...NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT....

SOM
    2002 firebird formula

ok guys is you live in a warm climate , then obviously you dont store your car ,good for you,.....SOOO,.......
    NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW THAT YOU DRIVE YOUR CAR,...NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT....
    well actually the climate here isnt really that warm.....i just dont have another car to drive...

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

my bad dude I just missunderstood, you know always getting the hey is 70 deg here bitches and I am always driving my ride, type of comments, I mean thats awesome and I am glad for those people, I just get sick of hearing it on threads about winter stuff etc.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by 02Ls1Formula View Post
    well actually the climate here isnt really that warm.....i just dont have another car to drive...
    +1 man, this my only ride, and I have to drive it year round and its about 38 right now

black
    2002 WS6

MInes parkes in one of those car shelter things out side and uncovered. Dad has puta trickle charger on it and it has a full tank of premium and stabil, ither then that it just got some pest controle in and arouns it to keep the critters away.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
    MInes parkes in one of those car shelter things out side and uncovered. Dad has puta trickle charger on it and it has a full tank of premium and stabil, ither then that it just got some pest controle in and arouns it to keep the critters away.
    damn, canada, that really has to suck

SOM
    2002 firebird formula

my bad dude I just missunderstood, you know always getting the hey is 70 deg here bitches and I am always driving my ride, type of comments, I mean thats awesome and I am glad for those people, I just get sick of hearing it on threads about winter stuff etc.
    no biggy, it has been unusually warm this week, but today was the last of it, its supposed to be low 40s high 30s for as long as i can tell....

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

yeah i think its gonna be sunny and around 46 here tomorrow so I am definately going out for a ride

Thread Information