IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Question window wont roll up all the way? WTF?

my window rolls at normal speed till it gets to about an inch away from closed it stops and you have to let off hit the button and it goes up but still leaves bout half inch gap? what the hell is this? how do i fix it?
    2006 IBM GTO A4
    20% sides/rear 35% Windshield,SAP Repos,Ruff 278s Staggered 18s,LT's,Catless mids,Spintech Mufflers/X pipe,Torquer v.2,Vig3200 Stall,HPTuned,AEM CAI,SLP Thermostat,IAT relocate,BMR Drag bags, P4000DVD HU.

2000 TA WS6 NBM A4 Full Bolt-Ons-Gone

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

lol im having the same problem..mine comes about 1/2 an inch and then it just dies and I have to push it up w/ my hand the rest of the way..i would say it is the motor

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea thats GM's quality power windows

Black
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk

Window motors are dying. They are under powered and when they start to go they overheat when used. The overheating causes the motor to pause until it cools down. That's why if you wait and hit the button again they go up some more. Plug new window motors into the budget.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

window motors are definately dying. Better fix em soon

Pewter
    '99 Trans Am

window regulators

has anyone ever had to replace their window regulator? when my window went down before it made a nasty noise like something was rubbing really badly. ive had the door panel off for a week b/c i was going to replace the motor, but have been trying to fix the noise first. i smeared some white lithium grease on several parts and that seemed tohelp pretty well, but it still makes a little noise when the window starts to go down.

anyone ever have this problem as well?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I've got a stupid question. I've had several cars over the years but have always stuck with GM. The only time I've had a problem with power windows has been in a Pontiac. Not just the Trans Am/Firebird, but the windows in my Grand Am went out four times. It has been twice with the WS6. Why is it that everyone I talk to with a Chevy has never had a problem with power windows, but the Pontiacs do?

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

a guy told me that the windows in our type cars mess up if you close the door with the window half way down or slighlty rolled down. mine is starting to have this problem. so dont close your door with the window rolled down make sure its rolled up all the way.

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

ah i always do that ,that could be the problem

Silver
    2002 Firehawk

I had thought the motors went in my 1999 Grand Am, and ordered the 'el-cheapo' replacment regulator/motors that are made in Italy. I will never do that again. As it turns out, the GM motors are much stronger than the aftermarket crap...take them apart and compare the windings/magnets and you'll get an idea. Anyway, it turns out the motors are fine, and the regulators are what I should have replaced. I'd check into that before replacing motors. I think they can be swapped to new regulators. Each are sold separately I believe...at least for the Grand Ams.

Black
    2001 Formula

Buy the window motor off ebay then have a shop throw it in for ya.... unless you have the time to rip your door panel apart.

I paid $40 for mine from Advanced Auto and paid another 20 to have it installed at a shop in town... I went to one of the pontiac dealerships in town and they were going to do it all for $300. Eff that.

Oh... I saw on ebay that some come with a liftetime warranty?.... you might wanna check into that?

Pewter
    '99 Trans Am

replaced window regulator

well it wasnt exactly easy but i replaced the regulator in my driers door yesterday. it came with a new motor already on it. o'reily's had to wait on the part, so i got it at a chevy dealer, jobber's price $152 plus tax.
    this fixed the loud noises my window was making before. didnt take pics b/c my hands were covered in lithium grease but let me know if anyone has questions about doing it on theirs.

Thread Information