Thread: window question

artic white/black stripes
    97 TA

window question

ok now i did post this in the general help thread in the stereo and electronics section so if you would rather post there here is the link
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117784

now im asking in here because that section hardly has any circulation whatsoever and i am looking for some quick responses from informed people. and you guys happen to be the most informed people i know on these cars and this section also seems to have a much higher circulation so anyways...

my drivers side window stopped working today without warning. now i know many may jump to the motor but here's my case.

the window was operating perfectly fine the day before showing no signs of slowing whatsoever(unlike my passenger window which if went out i would know for sure was the motor). Plus after doing some inspecting i find that everytime i click the button to try and lower my window there is a clicking noise under the instrument panel.

now by under the instrument panel i mean the clicking is coming from the base near where the pedals are. i know my description of where is horrible and if i wasnt at work i would take pics.

but anyways does anyone have any ideas of what it might be or is this just the typical sign of a bad motor?

artic white
    1998 Formula

Mine did the same thing worked fine one day then next day no can do. It was making that same sound as you described so I would say it is your motor.

Thread Information