Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Why do we love Birds so much

Why do all of us on here love Birds so much. I don`t even own one, but have loved them since I first saw them. I remember the first time I saw Smokey and the Bandit when i was 3 years old, and I fell in love with the Trans AM. I have moved up to the LS1 cars now, and the love and obsession has only gotten stronger. What I don`t get is why I love them so much. I mean these cars are hard to work on. There is so much stuff packed into a small package. When you want to work on or change something it never seems to be easily accessible. You have to move and take off alot of stuff. I hate to say things like that but it`s true. But that has not changed the love I have for them. There looks are killer, they are mean as hell, and there is so much out there to do to them. I just want to know what it is about them that you love.

Drive it like its stolen gillahoon's Avatar

White
    1998 Trans Am

my bird

The reason i love my 98 so much is cause its faster and more powerfull then almost any car u buy today, and its 11 yrs old, i see all this kids with these new hot sport cars to day paying well into the 30"s for then and cant even break in to the 14"s, i got very little work done to mine and can it 13's all day long.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Why do we love Birds so much ?

Because it's Not a Camaro and we like being different
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    Why do we love Birds so much ?

Because it's Not a Camaro and we like being different
    i'll second that. the bird just looks like it is going to kick your butt and you dont have to start it.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

From the day I first saw the new Birds it started... not much from the '90's attracted my attention. Seems like all the cars started to look the same. Then came the Ram Air and it was like a wake up call... it took 10 years to become a Birder and it was worth the wait.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Always love a bird. You can see running lights and the shape going down the road MILES down the road. The ws6 hood and the front end is one of the best/creepiest looking car features ever in my opinion. Ive had at least 30 people call my car the batmobile.
    In a few hours maybe I will be looking at.... 200 of them

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Let see...it's got the looks, it's got the power, people notice (I love getting compliments from random people), stock for stock it will kick almost any import's ass.

In short, it's the best combination of classic and modern

blau-green
    2001 T/A

Thumbs up Love them to the dead

I allways love bird.Why?Simple because this is best car ever.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

They look exotic to me. Sexy as hell and American made!!!!!!!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am WS6

They just look super mean and you can't beat the performance for the price. Easily one of the best cars ever made!

I decided to get a TA as my first car only because a friend had one. I wasn't familiar with them at all. It wasn't until a couple of months later that I fell in love, literally.

Pewter
    1999 Trans Am WS6 A4

The fun to drive, will kick butt, looks mean/ is mean, and the style is timeless people always ask me what year it is and when I tell them its a 99 they are shocked as they were thinking it was 09

1999 A4 WS6 Pewter, Hooker Long Tube Headers ,GMMG Catback Exhaust, QTP Off-road catted y-pipe, K&N FIPK Intake, GM 3.73's, Spohn Torque Arm,BMR LCA's Dyno Tune by PBJ.

Impounded

Black
    99 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 01 T/A View Post
    i'll second that. the bird just looks like it is going to kick your butt and you dont have to start it.
    +1

Also, the curves thrown on a t/a are the best I've ever seen. Some guy asked if my car was new a couple days ago. He was shocked as shit when I told him it was a 99. lol

Impounded

Black
    99 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Numba1TA View Post
    The fun to drive, will kick butt, looks mean/ is mean, and the style is timeless people always ask me what year it is and when I tell them its a 99 they are shocked as they were thinking it was 09
    Wow, I didn't even read your post before I sent mine. Obviously, this happens a lot.

TA FTW

turquoise
    1995 Firebird

I was a big JDM fan, more along the lines of Skylines Supra's and FD RX-7"s. then i bought my first car, 1989 Camaro RS. then i just fell in love with F-body's and i prolly wont own anything other than a F-body, but if i get the chance to ever own something like a skyline or RX-7 it be nice cause there rare, but ill still have a F-body next to it.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

i love the crap outta my bird, i treat it like a family member because it is!
    1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by Narcissistic View Post
    +1

Also, the curves thrown on a t/a are the best I've ever seen. Some guy asked if my car was new a couple days ago. He was shocked as shit when I told him it was a 99. lol

Yup, the Birds are damn sexy!

I have nothing against Camaros, but other than the SS, they're so plain looking.

My Formula is just as plain jane as a regular Z option wise, but IMO it's just so much sexier and agressive looking than the Camaro.

Formula or T/A, WS6 or not, with the DRL's and the fogs lit up, these are some agessive looking cars, they look like they're coming to kick your ass.

I LOVE the way my Formula looks, even after owning it for going on 2 years these cars I STILL can't stop looking at it. I just randomly look out my kitchen window at it probably a dozen times a day.

Ever since I test drove a '89 GTA back in '97 I've been all about the 'Birds. I think it was a subconcious thing though, as I was a HUGE fan of Smokey and the Bandit and Knight Rider as a kid.

Trolling Live Chat

Black
    01 Trans Am

To be honest, the performance really didnt mean much to me. Hands down I think a WS6 is one of the most beautiful cars ever made (along with the 67 Mustang GT 500). The first time I really saw a T/A was the old Pontiac "Boo" commerical and I was like 12 at the time and totaly fell inlove with the car. The fact that it is one hell of a speed demon is a total plus!

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by pjeff7 View Post
    To be honest, the performance really didnt mean much to me. Hands down I think a WS6 is one of the most beautiful cars ever made (along with the 67 Mustang GT 500). The first time I really saw a T/A was the old Pontiac "Boo" commerical and I was like 12 at the time and totaly fell inlove with the car. The fact that it is one hell of a speed demon is a total plus!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Why? Because they are the very few cars out there that are sexy, fast, and give you true enjoyment when driving one..........Each one looks like it was specially made for that one owner..

Impounded

Black
    99 Trans Am WS6

It's a shame they discontinued it. Im sure a shit load of ppl would have kept on buying. Anyone know why exactly they stopped making birds in 02?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information