Where's the Warm Weather?

My car has been snowed in for almost a full month now. I would never drive my car with all the salt on the streets. I clean my car off after every snow, keep the convertible top dry. I took this photo just to make me happier when that first warm day comes later...hopefully later in March.
    I always loved that first nice day, my 67 Firebird 400 actually lives in the Garage, no room for my WS6. When you get to bring the cars out, clean them up, they always look nicer than they did the year before.
    Thats what makes a Classic a Classic.
    I'm stealing this line from a previous poster, made me LOL at work, believe me, that's hard to do.
    Go Global Warming!!!
    Last edited by kheflw; 02-27-2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Photo

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Nice pic, but depressing at the same time.

Mine's been tucked away since October. Spring can't come soon enough.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Click for full size

^ This is blasphemy! ^ (lol)

At least get a cheap car cover...

Some another CETA owner who lives near me was driving it while it was snowing, which is horrible with the way our county throws the salt down.

I do feel your pain for the winter, it really blows here because the snow melts shortly after it falls, just making it could wet/frozen dark time. Making it a pain for us skiers/snowboarders.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by KMdef9 View Post
    At least get a cheap car cover....
    nooooo, car cover gets particles underneath and then the wind blows the cover around..might as well just take some sand paper to your car instead.
    Click for full size
    Jessica
    '00 Trans Am WS6
    '98 Cherokee Classic - DD

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

California and Florida

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    California and Florida
    now you're talking - I'm thinking even farther south, bring my car down to Costa Rica or the like. A place where a convertible belongs.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

even better Columbia

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    even better Columbia
    Why not do it right and go Venezuela...then you can get your car shot at as well.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Train View Post
    nooooo, car cover gets particles underneath and then the wind blows the cover around..might as well just take some sand paper to your car instead.
    This is not true of all car covers... if you're talking about a blue tarp, I would understand. I had a company that makes car covers, make one for my boat, cost me a little over $600. Price was high because of the point for the bow and straps to go around the leg mounts of my wakeboard tower, so it would wrap over the deck, and just below the rub-rail. Not trying to be a dick, but don't throw out mis-leading information

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Black
    2002 Trans Am Convertible

Here's mine. I clear it off, too, because it seems like the snow is kind of heavy to be sitting on the soft top.

To the OP - you don't live in northern NJ do you? Like Roxbury/Flanders area? Think I've seen your cars. Not too many people have both a CETA and a '67 Bird in the same driveway.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I tend to agree about not using a car cover. I bought a nice one from a California company specializing in car covers and the fact is, over time as you put on the car cover and take it off....you WILL get tiny scratches, swirls, etc on your paint regardless of how careful you try to be.

Best to leave it off and just rinse off the dust.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I tend to agree about not using a car cover. I bought a nice one from a California company specializing in car covers and the fact is, over time as you put on the car cover and take it off....you WILL get tiny scratches, swirls, etc on your paint regardless of how careful you try to be.

Best to leave it off and just rinse off the dust.
    I usually cover mine before a big snow, but leave it uncovered at all other times. The rationale is that it's easier to do more damage than the cover in clearing the snow. Even if you let it melt naturally, chunks of ice ultimately slide off the car. Don't know if it scratches it or not, but seems like it would.

I got a NOAH cover by CoverCraft. It seems to be really soft and breathes well. I can use a giant push broom to get the snow off without worrying about scratching the paint. Obviously a garage would be ideal, but I'm between permanent residences now and don't have one.

Jim

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by turbojimmy View Post
    I usually cover mine before a big snow, but leave it uncovered at all other times. The rationale is that it's easier to do more damage than the cover in clearing the snow. Even if you let it melt naturally, chunks of ice ultimately slide off the car. Don't know if it scratches it or not, but seems like it would.

I got a NOAH cover by CoverCraft. It seems to be really soft and breathes well. I can use a giant push broom to get the snow off without worrying about scratching the paint. Obviously a garage would be ideal, but I'm between permanent residences now and don't have one.

Jim
    Yeah different conditions may warrant different measures. Mine stays in a garage so I just leave the cover off now. Before I used to keep it covered in the garage b/c I got tired of it getting dust on it. Since though, I've noticed a few places (have to really look hard and in the right sunlight) where the car cover has make marks on my paint. So now I just leave it off and clean it before I take it out, depending on how dusty it is.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojimmy View Post
    To the OP - you don't live in northern NJ do you? Like Roxbury/Flanders area? Think I've seen your cars. Not too many people have both a CETA and a '67 Bird in the same driveway.
    No, that's not me, I am in NJ, down the shore by Red Bank. It is a rare combination of cars, I'd like to meet someone else with the same pair.

No sign of warming up yet.

white
    2000 Z28

vegas baby lol. i definitely dont miss the wyoming wind and snow.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

It was 40 degrees in MN today, I got the spring itch today and took my car out all around town, the roads looked great. Unfortunatly I hit a highway exit ramp that had a lake sized puddle and when I hit it my car got sprayed with salt. I learned my lesson though, washed it and put it back in the garage where it will stay until spring has truly sprung. Were almost there boys!

Black

Quote Originally Posted by kheflw View Post
    No, that's not me, I am in NJ, down the shore by Red Bank. It is a rare combination of cars, I'd like to meet someone else with the same pair.

No sign of warming up yet.
    That's funny. There's a guy close to me - in Roxbury - that has a '67 Firebird (can't tell if it's a 400 tho) and his CETA sits outside. It's been a while since I've been that way, but I used to go to work that way and it always intrigued me.

Jim

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Yeah different conditions may warrant different measures. Mine stays in a garage so I just leave the cover off now. Before I used to keep it covered in the garage b/c I got tired of it getting dust on it. Since though, I've noticed a few places (have to really look hard and in the right sunlight) where the car cover has make marks on my paint. So now I just leave it off and clean it before I take it out, depending on how dusty it is.
    hmmm, interesting, this wouldn't happen to be where a seam-line would meet, that may have done the scratches? Like on a pair of jeans for instance? I've never had a problem with any cloth cover I've ever used Then again, I am damn near blind

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    hmmm, interesting, this wouldn't happen to be where a seam-line would meet, that may have done the scratches? Like on a pair of jeans for instance? I've never had a problem with any cloth cover I've ever used Then again, I am damn near blind
    They could have very well been caused by me washing it or something else, but the car cover was the only thing that came to mind. Mine is extremely soft on the inside and I've never looked at it to see what the seams look like but you raise a good point and it could very well be. I don't ever park my car anywhere other than my garage for the most part so this is why I've ruled it as being the car cover.

maple red
    2000 trans am

Texas baby i had my top dow this weekend

Ur car still looks sweet even in the snow

Thread Information