Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IBM
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Question whats the deal with my turn signal?

okay so ive replaced the passenger turn signal bulb twice and re sealed the lens deal same with the driver side and tonight the driver side turn signal stopped working? when i have my lights on the bulb it self works but the turn signal arrow just stays solid and doesnt flash and when the lights are of it doesnt come on at all and the arrow is once again solid? i figured if it was the bulb then it wouldnt come on when the lights are on either...i thought maybe wiring but who knows any idea's? sorry for rambling on but it makes me so mad

black
    2002 WS6

The turn signal lamps are a duel filament bulb (it's been too long since I last looked though so don't quote me on that), one for DRL running lightts and one for turn, its very possible that the filament has simply burned out.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

i had the same problem. check your blinker fluid

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by gable2000ta View Post
    okay so ive replaced the passenger turn signal bulb twice and re sealed the lens deal same with the driver side and tonight the driver side turn signal stopped working? when i have my lights on the bulb it self works but the turn signal arrow just stays solid and doesnt flash and when the lights are of it doesnt come on at all and the arrow is once again solid? i figured if it was the bulb then it wouldnt come on when the lights are on either...i thought maybe wiring but who knows any idea's? sorry for rambling on but it makes me so mad
    The turn signal lamps are a duel filament bulb.........but if you already replaced them it might be the flasher.

This might help you.........

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...rn+signal+work

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by whiteLS1TA View Post
    i had the same problem. check your blinker fluid

u get yours fixed ?

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    u get yours fixed ?
    no not yet i think i need a flasher as well my sisters boyfriend had the same problem and he changed the flasher and the bulb. he told me i might as well do both sides

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

before you do that... this is a common problem that i've seen many threads on since i fixed mine. It could be your flasher i suppose... but more commonly the socket gets exposed to moisture due to these poorly designed housings that you say you have had to seal. Look at the socket that the bulb fits into for corrosion. I replaced the housings themselves, the sockets, and the bulbs. The only problem i've had since then (1 year) is that the sockets i bought were aftermarket and the bulb doesn't fit as snug as i'd like and has lost contact 2 or three times. Fixed by simply pushing the bulb in firmly; no more moisture or corrosion. I suggest you look into this before replacing the flasher.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by 02WS6dream View Post
    before you do that... this is a common problem that i've seen many threads on since i fixed mine. It could be your flasher i suppose... but more commonly the socket gets exposed to moisture due to these poorly designed housings that you say you have had to seal.
    Exactly what I was gonna say. Kept happenin to mine, I checked all the wiring/ circuitry and no deal. Went to my shop, and they cleaned out my sockets and no problems since. Cost me $15 bucks.

white

sounds like a bad ground

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

before i replaced them, i was able to clean them out with some contact cleaner and eventually my dremel when it got bad and get a couple weeks out of them. The housings continued to allow moisture in though and they would just get corroded again--that's why i replaced everything. I guess these housings will eventually leak too, but now i know where to get them and how to fix the problem. was able to get new housings for 35 apiece.

Sunfire Yellow
    1994 Trans Am GT

I was having the same issue and it has since been resolved. As some may not know the 4th gen f-bodies have two flashers, one for the hazards and one for the signals. The signal flasher was my issue.
    Now for the socket. I did replace my left front turn signal socket as well due to damage to the old one. Luckily I have a Chevy dealership and a Buick/Pontiac dealership within 5 mins of me to buy parts from and I purchased a GM replacement socket and pigtail as opposed to the knockoff aftermarket part.As I found,the motormite brand socket does not fit the cut out in the 93-97 t/a's as advertised.

Black
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

I have the same problem since the day i bought the car back in april 99. i have replaced both pigtails, sockets, and housing, and i dont know probaly over 100 bulbs since the day i got the car. seems too blow one about every other time i drive the car. it did get better after replacing everything couple years ago but still sucks. when you replace the housing put some silicone on the socket when you put it back into the hole. this will help seal the whole and not let water in too blow the light bulb. i love the car but thats the only problem i have really had since i bought it. hope this helps thanks, ramair1999@hotmail.com

pewter
    2001 Trans Am WS6 Conv.

i keep one in the glove compartment at all times. Mine is the drivers side lamp.

'01 ws6 vert a4

Red
    1998 Firebird T/A WS6

Same problem here, my socket rusted out, put a new bulb in and in a couple weeks its rusted through the bulbs contacts, replace the socket with one that has a thicker gasket, and before you put your new bulb in put some dielectric grease in the socket, should eliminate any moister getting in the socket.

Red
    2001 ws6

flasher had the same problem changed the flasher problem sovled

Silver
    1999 WS6 Trans Am

My driver side turn signal is out, I believe its just the bulb. But i found that it is quite difficult to get to... Whats the best way? I can get my hand up though the empty space under the turn signal but I can get the connection loose... Any ideas?

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Bottom of the car there are two 10mm bolts holding a flap closed. Remove the bolts and you'll have easy access.

red
    1999 Tran-Am WS7

Quote Originally Posted by gable2000ta View Post
    hey man i had this same problem and i spent a small fortune replacing bulbs but i just found out the connections were REALLY dirty and gunked up from moisture and stuff. so i bought some basic electrical cleaner at a local parts store and sprayed them, let them sit for a few minutes and then i cleaned them out good with cotton ear swabs. i havent had a problem since

Sunset Orange
    Two, 2002 WS6 Trans Ams

i had the same problem it was just water building up in the socket due to a bad seal

Red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

If you keep replacing bulbs and they don't blink but light up try checking the relay for the turn signal. All my bulbs worked but flashers were acting weird. Changed that and haven't had problem since.

Thread Information