What Are Your Thoughts?

I have to be the most indecisive person in the world. First I wanted a Camaro SS, then decided I wanted a TBSS, now I'm thinking I'm going to go with a Trans Am or WS6 model T/A. I need your thoughts. I've found several CL listings.

Should I really brush off a listing if the car isn't a WS6? I'd prefer a WS6 so I don't have to shop around for the hood if I got a regular T/A. What do you think? Do you think either of these listings are worth it. Any certain mileage I should try to stay under? The first one is the one I really have my eye on.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am

1999 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Almost looks like my car without the black sail panel,Ram Air hood or black WS6 rims,really its your choice both cars are clean,but i dont like manuals so the Firehawk would be out of the equasion for me plus i dont like the Firehawks hood,but i could kinda live with it rather than the stock sleak beak T/A hood,i looked around for a T/A for a long time you kno the average sports car gets the "dog life" but i wanted one lighty modded with low miles in great shape for a decent price so my search took time & patience,but if you have kids wife etc,you could try the TBSS you get the best of both worlds a high performance sports truck & a truck for the family,now many T/A owners may say the Trans Am is better looking than the Camaro SS im neutral on that i like both just the same so i feel like you cant go wrong with either,& as far as the WS6 Vs.T/A i would have opted for a regular T/A because i enjoy changing a cars appearance,with the WS6 you get the ram air hood,17s,more horsepower & suspension upgrade,but me i wont keep my stock suspension anyway so having that would not bother me too much same with buying a ram air hood,sometimes its a pain,but eventually you will find one,all im saying is its your choice all 3 choices are great when it all boils down you gotta do what will make you happy good luck though

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ As he said, "it all boils down you gotta do what will make you happy good luck".

Pewter Metallic
    2000 WS6 Formula

The 99 T/A is just a plain jane, it's got some bolt ons, but you can get a newer WS6 for less. Plus I don't like those 01-02 style WS6 rims. For what he's got there, the most I'd give is 7K. Now the Firehawk is the better choice, but he want's about 2K too much in my opinion. I'd hold out for a real 01 or 02 WS6 or Firehawk that hasn't been modified. Plus 01's and 02's came with LS6 blocks from the factory. It breaths better which will come in handy when you start modding. Happy hunting!

sunset orange metallic
    2002 T/A convertible

If you're looking for a 'vert shoot me a PM. Mine is on the block.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

You gotta do what you gotta do, but if you are looking for the pure wow factor at the curb, WS6 has it hands down. If you need some room, get the TBSS. If you are looking for a sleeper, get a Camaro. And out of the Camaro and the WS6, if you want to track it, get an auto, if you want gas mileage, and/or to carve canyons, get a manual.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by mrbvlo View Post
    The 99 T/A is just a plain jane, it's got some bolt ons, but you can get a newer WS6 for less. Plus I don't like those 01-02 style WS6 rims. For what he's got there, the most I'd give is 7K. Now the Firehawk is the better choice, but he want's about 2K too much in my opinion. I'd hold out for a real 01 or 02 WS6 or Firehawk that hasn't been modified. Plus 01's and 02's came with LS6 blocks from the factory. It breaths better which will come in handy when you start modding. Happy hunting!
    They didn't come with the LS6 block, as far as I know. Some did have a few LS6 componants installed, but they were all LS1 blocks, and the majority of the componants were still LS1.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Towards the end of the '02 run, a few F-bodies made it out the door with LS6 blocks. There is a thread around here that explains the difference. As I recall, it is a slightly different alloy and has better internal windage.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I had not heard that. I knew they came with some componants, but didn't know they used the actual blocks. Hmmm....I'll have to look into the numbers on that.......

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I think this is the one I was thinking of: Some 01-02 fbodies came with a ls6 block

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Interesting. It really doesn't make a huge difference though, and I wouldn't let it influence me in purchasing a car. Of course, I'd end up modding it anyway......so one with a short block might be the way I'd look

Pewter Silver
    2002 Trans AM WS6

I went through trying to decide on Camaro or WS6.( I've had my share of 67-69 and other Camaros, but one car I had that I could never get off my mind was a 1957 Pontiac two door Chieftan . It had a three on the tree and 347cu in that would get almost 60 mph in first gear).
    I chose the WS6 because of my "youthful Pontiac memories", it's styling, it's not as plentiful as Camaro and is a discontinued Pontiac name plate. In my mind it's a little off the beaten path and different. There's some magic in that WS6 nomenclature.

I was really keen on an AWD TBSS, but I have a 4wd Silverado for the winter months. I've always wanted a Camaro or Trans Am. My cousin had a '99 Camaro V6 A4 and I hated the ride in the god awful thing. Granted he beat the piss out of it so the Z28 or SS would probably be a tad different. I've always loved the look of the WS6 so I'm pretty sure that is going to be the vehicle I choose unless I find a great deal on a T/A. I just thought I'd throw up those listings to see if either of them was really worth it.

Too bad this isn't priced it bit lower or I'd be all over it.

http://flint.craigslist.org/cto/2678695480.html
    Last edited by MICopper11; 10-31-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Sold my WS.6 (531 to the wheels) for a stock AWD TBSS.
    Paid off bills and gained a TON of cargo space.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Sold my WS.6 (531 to the wheels) for a stock AWD TBSS.
    Paid off bills and gained a TON of cargo space.
    hands down the TBSS is a bad machine,looks awesome,performs awesome can haul,tow & provide a comfortable ride for the fam,when i lived in new orleans there was this guy with a blacked out TBSS no one would race him,after he beat the brakes off a modded srt8 jeep,09 Z06,& A few other cars ppl were scared of that truck,the last car i seen him beat was a 08 gt 500 so with the right mods the 6.0 really wakes up,i wanted a TBSS,but i might just buy an Intimidator SS Truck lower it & mod it to race,but still maintain a comfy ride & appearance at the same time

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

Get the hawk its

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Firehawk.

Forget the tbss.
    "Some people live for the rules..... I live for exceptions" N. Hexum

Thread Information