Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

What should my trans am run in the 1/4?

I havnt been on here in a month or so, but since last time on here I havnt done anything but got my tranny back...I have a 2001 WS6 112,000mi, with 6 speed.....it was stock when I got it in july and I put a slp lid with a mac filter on it, then msd plug wires, took the mass air flow screen out, and took stock muffler off and put a hooker aerochamber on. So to me it wasnt much and I have a buddy with a 98 Z28 with headers tune, and everything I got running 13.30's at best with an auto....well my first run I ran 13.08, pretty much 13.1 we will say, and I couldnt believe it....well tranny wouldnt go into 3rd after that run so I never got to 12's and tranny blew next day...I had fast lane in st charles, MO build my tranny it was toasted so now it has all new gears syncros I mean everything, plus the strentghened kit I wanted in first place, billet dogs,hardened steel forks bla bla bla...he said that tranny had been messed with before and he dont know how I ran what I did with it like that, and that it was beat on hard long before I got it...well anyways im installing either a stock clutch,or a spec 2, he says go with spec 2 but stock clutch is a Z06 clutch and would be fine....I also am installing longtube pacesetters, and off road y pipe, no cats anymore, Ive heard headers and taking cats out will give u up to 30 RWHP.....so thats it....what should I run you think based off my 13.08 very first run with the car?...im 24 and had a street driven 79 Z28 previously with a 4 speed and im very good with a stick, I was getting 2.0-2.2 60 ft times everytime with my WS6 on street tires, it didnt spin at all and I was leaving around 2,500 rpm's????????? I was thinking 12.80's or around that?.....then I want it tuned, and see what that does????????

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

hey getcha anything like a z06 clutch or your spec clutches will be fine for your bolt-on car. 12.8 is definatley possible just make sure your cars 60' is as close or lower to the 2.0 as possible. Aftermarket cats don't affect power enough to make a real difference, but if you don't have smog laws then don't waste the money on them.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Get some cold air and a low DA and i can see some 12.8s consistantly

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Without reading anyone else's posts, If you are close to stock, you should be running between mit to high 13's and low 14's. Anything higher than those numbers totally stock and I'd say you either need a tune up or you need to learn how to race.

My thoughts.

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Without reading anyone else's posts, If you are close to stock, you should be running between mit to high 13's and low 14's. Anything higher than those numbers totally stock and I'd say you either need a tune up or you need to learn how to race.

My thoughts.
    your just annoying I guess you didnt happen to read that I had a 2.0 60ft my first ever run with this car after 2 weeks of owning it and ran a 13.08 on that 1st run with 3 boltons and street tires.....

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Get some cold air and a low DA and i can see some 12.8s consistantly
    I have a true WS6 so its already a cold air system from factory, whats low DA?

Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    hey getcha anything like a z06 clutch or your spec clutches will be fine for your bolt-on car. 12.8 is definatley possible just make sure your cars 60' is as close or lower to the 2.0 as possible. Aftermarket cats don't affect power enough to make a real difference, but if you don't have smog laws then don't waste the money on them.
    Yea I went with the pacesetter off road Y pipe so im not installing cats, my buddy got his 98 Z28 to pass with headers,throttle body,intake,and no cats.....he had to get it tuned and the guy tuned it so the check engine light would stay off...thats what I am going to do also, but I just was wondering what to do with the wires that will be just dangling if I dont have them hooked up to my rear 02 sensors.........

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by getcha01 View Post
    your just annoying I guess you didnt happen to read that I had a 2.0 60ft my first ever run with this car after 2 weeks of owning it and ran a 13.08 on that 1st run with 3 boltons and street tires.....
    wow im glad your so mature!

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    wow im glad your so mature!

Yeah, I guess with the bad english grammar skills, it was hard to tell what he was talking about in his post.

Looked like a rambling of sorts so, I took a shot at helping the youngin out.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Yea I went with the pacesetter off road Y pipe so im not installing cats, my buddy got his 98 Z28 to pass with headers,throttle body,intake,and no cats.....he had to get it tuned and the guy tuned it so the check engine light would stay off...thats what I am going to do also, but I just was wondering what to do with the wires that will be just dangling if I dont have them hooked up to my rear 02 sensors.........
    Why would the wires be dangling? I have ORY pipe and a tunes and it passes the emmisions test and I have my rear o2's pugged in. They shut off the check engine in your computer.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Yeah, I guess with the bad english grammar skills, it was hard to tell what he was talking about in his post.

Looked like a rambling of sorts so, I took a shot at helping the youngin out.
    Some people are beyond help.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

LOL. Hope he gets good times though. Looks like he is off to a good start.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I have a true WS6 so its already a cold air system from factory, whats low DA?
    Like you need to be at or around sea level instead of in the mountains. In laymans terms. Air Density. Google it cause i dont know all that much about it.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

If he knew how to drive the car he might not have needed a new transmission already...

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    If he knew how to drive the car he might not have needed a new transmission already...

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

My thoughts.
    Not true, it depends on the altitude.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    Not true, it depends on the altitude.
    True. Most bone stock 120k+ plus f-bodies run 13.7 to 13.1 here. Depends on the DA, now in CO, maybe 15s? lol

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Okay, air is denser at low altitude compared to high altitude. I used to work on the SR-71 which flies at or above 60,000ft msl which is not as dense as low altitude. Hence it can fly at 3 times the speed of sound (2330 mph) which is virtually impossible at 40,000ft and below.

Though a Trans Am/ Camaro doesn't fly at or above 60,000ft msl, the air mass at lower altitudes is denser.

In the mountains, the air is much thiner (not dense) and therefore, the air/fuel mixture should be leaned out. Most newer vehicles will compensate for this already via the MAF sensor.

I hope I'm conveying this correctly for you.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

My stock 2000 non ram-air T/A ran a 13.4 at sea level so he should be in the high 12's with his mods with a good DA. There's not much difference between the WS-6 and the non WS-6. Maybe 2 tenths or so.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Okay, air is denser at low altitude compared to high altitude. I used to work on the SR-71 which flies at or above 60,000ft msl which is not as dense as low altitude. Hence it can fly at 3 times the speed of sound (2330 mph) which is virtually impossible at 40,000ft and below.

Though a Trans Am/ Camaro doesn't fly at or above 60,000ft msl, the air mass at lower altitudes is denser.

In the mountains, the air is much thiner (not dense) and therefore, the air/fuel mixture should be leaned out. Most newer vehicles will compensate for this already via the MAF sensor.

I hope I'm conveying this correctly for you.
    I love those planes. I always though they were the meanest looking thing the air force has. (besides the A-10)

Thread Information