Black
    1998 Trans Am

What do you think?

This is a list of the mods im doing in the next two or three weeks. Tell me if you think i should change anything.

UMI 3 point sfc's
    BMR tunnel brace
    BMR strut tower brace
    BMR control arms
    Strano Springs or Eibach Drag Launch Springs(but im worried about how they will act on the street)
    Koni or KYB shocks

TSP Full length headers
    TSP catless y-pipe
    Magnaflow catback

3.73 gears

Tune by Frost

The only mods i have thus far are SLP air box lid, MSD wires and a shift kit. I ran a 13.89 when it was 95 degrees and humid as hell. When i pulled up to the lights the car was at a sizzling 210 degrees. I have a fan switch so i can kick the fans on in the staging lanes and cool it down now but at the time i did not have it on. What kind of time do you think i could see with this set up and a set of drag radials? In Super Chevy they ran a 13.55 with a LS1 Camaro and after springs, sfc's, sway bars, shocks, and a strut tower brace they ran a 13.14 on a stock powered car.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am WS6

List looks good just the way it is, let us know what you run in the 1/4 after doing all that and breaking in ur new gears

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Some people think the STB is a waste of money, and others don't. Personally I think it probably is more of an appearance mod.

As far as the tunnel brace, this came up on LS1Tech and Strano said it was a waste of money.

Seems like you're building a drag car anyway, so I don't see why you'd need these two items in the first place.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

The only reason i was looking to get the STB and Tunnel Brace was to reduce chassis flex and twist although i know this is the sole reason for the SFC's

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Avoid KYBs, do yourself a favor and go with Konis.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Flame Red / Orange Custom
    1998 Trans Am

Have you thought about getting a tourq arm or drive shaft safty loop (the only reason why I say the safty loop is because if your u-joint breaks you wont like what it dose to your exhaust and underbody it could save you a lot of money down the road and its just a little safer) Also have you looked at QA1 shocks they are really nice and can help your 1/4 mile too here read this article from GMHitech it could take 3 10th's off your 1/4mile
    Last edited by Customta98; 07-30-2009 at 05:30 PM.
    98 Trans Am Custom Paint, Ghost Skuls On Racing Stripe + Custom Front Lip, :MODs Tubular K-member, Tubular Upper and lower A-arms, Tubular Control Arms, 4:10's, Cam L-.567/.575 D@.05-.212/.218,1.85 Roller Rockers, P&P Heads, ARH Headers & HF Cats & Y-Pipe, SLP loudmouth catback, +'s

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I have thought about the QA1's but theyre a little pricy for me right now. i know how much better they can be but 200 a shock is a little high for a daily driver

1998 Trans Am

yeah I here ya there

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I ordered my gears and SFC's last night and i ended up going with the BMR two point boxed type instead of the 3 point umi. i felt those were overkill.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    I ordered my gears and SFC's last night and i ended up going with the BMR two point boxed type instead of the 3 point umi. i felt those were overkill.
    good choice I have put a lot of BMR chassis & suspension on my car and have never had any problems. By the way what gears did you go with and are the SFC's bolt in or weld in?

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Richmond gears. The more expensive ones. And the weld in SFC's. Im switching to the boxed BMR control arms. Im hoping to get those early next week

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by T/A98 View Post
    Richmond gears. The more expensive ones. And the weld in SFC's. Im switching to the boxed BMR control arms. Im hoping to get those early next week
    Yeah I got the richmond gears a couple of years ago 4.10's they work nice I just broke mine tho. So I'm gonna go back down to 3.73's mainly for top end what size ring and pinion gears are you going with?

Black
    1998 Trans Am

theyre 3.73's. Thats all im doing to this rear end though. and im gonna try and tighten the clutches in the Posi unit. Id rather save the money to buy a 12 bolt or 9 inch rear.

Thread Information