Page 345 of 345 FirstFirst ... 4595145195245295305315325341342343344345
Results 6,881 to 6,898 of 6898
Like Tree1643Likes

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

This is a discussion on What did you do with your Trans Am today? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ...

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    Yes Scott, it is a brand. I just checked online for a 2000 Trans Am, and it lists for $39.95. It's heatshieldstore.com. They are very thick and have a reflective side and a white side, and roll up like a scroll and held in place with velcro. I have always had one, and have never had a cracked dash.
    I think I am going to go with some window “tinting” all the way around the car as my primary UV and heat protection

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I had to order a couple of replacement harnesses for my wideband and oil temp gauges. The oil temp has a broken wire at the connector and the wide band is going nuts for some reason. I think it has a short that I can't seem to find.

1 Red/1 Silver
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    I think I am going to go with some window “tinting” all the way around the car as my primary UV and heat protection
    I have tinting on mine as well, but the side and rear tinting obviously will not keep the dash from cracking. The Heatshield is the best way that I have found to keep UV off the dash... besides a garage!!!
    Ported/Polished throttle body, Lingenfelter launch module, SLP line lock, QTP exhaust cutout, LS7 clutch, K&N, Ceramic coated longtubes, no cats, 3" exhaust, Flowmaster "B", Eibach springs, Midwest Chassis 9" rearend w/4.10's

1 Red/1 Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I had to order a couple of replacement harnesses for my wideband and oil temp gauges. The oil temp has a broken wire at the connector and the wide band is going nuts for some reason. I think it has a short that I can't seem to find.
    I hate electrical problems. And I'm a Journeyman Electrician!!!

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    I hate electrical problems. And I'm a Journeyman Electrician!!!
    when it's simple like a broken wire no problem, it's when it's flashing the gauge, acting like a epileptic autistic kid and gives you no idea why it is doing that is when it's a PITA. I thought it was the gauge and then the box but neither. I doubt it's the sensor itself so I'm replacing the harness because it's far, far cheaper than getting a new sensor, which may end up happening.

1 Red/1 Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    when it's simple like a broken wire no problem, it's when it's flashing the gauge, acting like a epileptic autistic kid and gives you no idea why it is doing that is when it's a PITA. I thought it was the gauge and then the box but neither. I doubt it's the sensor itself so I'm replacing the harness because it's far, far cheaper than getting a new sensor, which may end up happening.
    I would do the same thing...hit the cheapest possibilities first. Hope it's the harness!

Navy Blue Metallic

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

I should have added that I replaced the box and gauge 1st, so it's either these harnesses or the wb sensor.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403 built, breaking it in , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, UMI: Sway Bar, SFC, PHB, LCA's, LCA Relocation Brackets & TA, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/4.10 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Got my WS6 in the shop because they mentioned that they noticed that the ride was loud the last time the road tested it; I thought it was tire noise but I drove my wifes car and how much quieter it was. Shop thinks something with the diff’.

Anyone have a line on a good used 3.42 with Zexel Torsen LSD, not traction control? Just in case.
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact DW's all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    356 rwhp, 360 rwlb/tq

Ray Charles blue

I have an Auburn unit, no TC, pulled from my 99 SS 6-speed. 54k miles on it. If you were closer (I'm in FL) I would make you a deal.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Road tripped it. Brought it down to Beaver Springs Friday evening and then went over to Mount Joy yesterday. By the time we roll home this afternoon we'll have racked up close to 400 miles. It's noisy, it clunks, it rattles... and we love it!

1 Red/1 Silver

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Road tripped it. Brought it down to Beaver Springs Friday evening and then went over to Mount Joy yesterday. By the time we roll home this afternoon we'll have racked up close to 400 miles. It's noisy, it clunks, it rattles... and we love it!
    Speaking of road trips, I just returned from taking my son to Danville, VA from Memphis, TN where he just got out of prison. I live in Dallas/FtWorth. Right at 2350 miles round trip. Got consistent 27mpg between 75 and 90mph. I can relate to the clunks and rattles from the adjustable panhard bar, but like you say, LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT...!!!!!

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

So, talked to the shop today, differential bearings are bad, and apparently the ring gear is showing some wear. The shop is talking a full rebuild, and they are working on pricing it out.

Anyone know what a reasonable price would be?

I know I can get a Strange 12 bolt for the car, for around $2,200, how much more work would a shop need to do to do an install on that?

Ray Charles blue

So, talked to the shop today, differential bearings are bad, and apparently the ring gear is showing some wear. The shop is talking a full rebuild, and they are working on pricing it out.

I know I can get a Strange 12 bolt for the car, for around $2,200, how much more work would a shop need to do to do an install on that?
    Probably be less labor to swap the rear then rebuild the current.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Probably be less labor to swap the rear then rebuild the current.
    Yeah but a Strange or Moser are over $2k.

1 Red/1 Silver

I got my Midwest Chassis 9" rebuilt by Differential and Gear here in Ft.Worth for $1200. New ball bearings, not tapered roller bearings, a new 4.11 gear, synthetic gear lube, friction modifier was all included. I know I got new gears because I had to break them in with the 15 mile heat up, cool down, then 15 mile heat up. Did that for 4 or 5 times to let the gears "heat treat". Not bad for $1200!

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Most mileage that thing has seen since 2016 huh?
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Ray Charles blue

Yeah but a Strange or Moser are over $2k.

Agreed. But at least it's not a glass jaw anymore.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Might want to consider an 8.8 rear

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Page 345 of 345 FirstFirst ... 4595145195245295305315325341342343344345

Thread Information