Page 342 of 342 FirstFirst ... 4292142192242292302312322338339340341342
Results 6,821 to 6,837 of 6837
Like Tree1636Likes

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

This is a discussion on What did you do with your Trans Am today? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by SMWS6TA Found the source of my pain for the last month with the vert giving me the ...

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Found the source of my pain for the last month with the vert giving me the Reduce Power code.

The egr tube somehow got crushed causing a massive vacuum leak (thanks Carpy in troubleshooting), either it was this or the MAF sensor I replaced.
    Click for full size
    Kinda looks like its smiling.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by 024mula View Post
    Kinda looks like its smiling.
    yeah it's looking like this.

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Well,

Due to being off work right now, and we all know why that is!?

I have garnered the use of a corner of my bud Nigel's workshop to do the sail panel!!
    Yep.... This Monday I will be getting busy and tearing into the roof and finally bonding
    on the replacement panel which has been sat for almost a year in the corner of the room!

We do not have the actual 3M adhesive over here, which GM recommended for the job but I have
    found another 3M single part polyurethane adhesive which is also stated as being for
    windscreen and glass bonding. Let the fun begin!!

OMG!

A clean Bird is much more enjoyable to drive. I skipped two months, for virus-related reasons. I was very glad to find an open car wash, which the public is scarcely using.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I drove mine today for the 1st time in 2-3 weeks. Every time I love driving this thing.....makes me feel like a kid some days.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403 built, breaking it in , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, UMI: Sway Bar, SFC, PHB, LCA's, LCA Relocation Brackets & TA, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/4.10 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

1 Red/1 Silver
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Mine is still on blocks. Put her up in the air to change the oil, oil filter, and the plugs. Got the oil and filter changed, and started taking the coil bank packs off, and found dirt and oil all over the valve covers. Well, can't have that! So, I took the aluminum ceramic spark plug wire insulators and sanded them down, then polished them. Did the same with the valve covers. Looks pretty good, if I say so myself!!
    Ported/Polished throttle body, Lingenfelter launch module, SLP line lock, QTP exhaust cutout, LS7 clutch, K&N, Ceramic coated longtubes, no cats, 3" exhaust, Flowmaster "B", Eibach springs, Midwest Chassis 9" rearend w/4.10's

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I cleaned mine up good finally, inside and out. Haven't washed it at all this year and ended up getting caught in rain three times. Glad to finally have got it cleaned up.

I do find myself slowly not enjoying driving it much these days. I'm only 30 but it hurts my back. Perhaps I need better shocks and springs. But the ride and seating position sucks anymore in my opinion.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Dude, man up!

It's not the car. It's the crappy roads of northcentral PA. Get that beast out on the open highway and it'll put a smile on your face. We love tripping our car but driving it around town, not so much.

I have new track tires on the list for this year, but until things open back up they really are not a necessity at this point.

1 Red/1 Silver

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    Mine is still on blocks. Put her up in the air to change the oil, oil filter, and the plugs. Got the oil and filter changed, and started taking the coil bank packs off, and found dirt and oil all over the valve covers. Well, can't have that! So, I took the aluminum ceramic spark plug wire insulators and sanded them down, then polished them. Did the same with the valve covers. Looks pretty good, if I say so myself!!
    img_0892.jpg
    Before
    img_0904.jpg
    After

Silver
    2002 T/A Ws6 convertible

Well, took me most of the winter and finished her up but here is the new interior on the 2002 T/A convertible. Found a local interior guy to do my seats and door panels with custom black leather, silver stitching and embroidered headrests. I pulled it all out and brought it to him. I then proceeded to line the inside with sound deadener/heat shield (that was no picnic as the floor pans on the T/A are not smooth but many notches and crevices. Took forever especially when I have limited time due to work. I then installed the carpet which supposedly is a match but, well, some matches are better than others (it is an ACC carpet) but it looks good. Just that the fit is a bit hard and took many tries (hey it was my first time). But here are some pics and let me know what you all think. I think it came out good. Still did not install the driver door panel yet as I'm waiting on a new door lock actuator (try finding one of those that has the anti-theft connection!). The first few are the view of sound deadener. Have to add the others in next post I guess.

Silver
    2002 T/A Ws6 convertible

Having issues with images

20200315_130622.jpg20200315_130639.jpg20200315_130632.jpg
    pajeff02 likes this.

Silver
    2002 T/A Ws6 convertible

Trying to upload more but I'm limited apparently.20200525_124329.jpg

1 Red/1 Silver

Wow, that looks really nice! I just got my driver seat reupholstered also, but with all black leather. Makes a world of difference. Is it noticeably quieter since installing the sound deadener/heat shield?

Silver
    2002 T/A Ws6 convertible

Well yes with the caveat that I have not installed the driver side door panel yet until I get the door switch. I did notice that under my feet I could feel it not as 'tinny' (if that's a word!). But thanks, it came out pretty nice. I have to say that it was quite a bit of work to do the interior myself. I'm generally a mechanical type of guy, so carpeting/sound deadening/plastic clip installation did not come easy to me. The replacement carpet, while the same size and general shape, does not have the contours of the OEM so it will not fit perfect (due to peaks and valleys in the floor pan). The carpet came up short in the trunk area because of this (but no big deal as its not really seen much). Also since its my first time, that could be the reason too.

1 Red/1 Silver

Well, in spite of all of that, it looks nice! Seems like they would make it to fit perfectly, just like OEM, but that's what happens when you own cars that are 20 years old and they don't make them any more. It looks good man, couldn't tell it was your first time....!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Looks great!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Went up yesterday and dropped the battery in the Trans Am. She fired right up and all seems good. Brought her home for a bath and will be driving in style on my trip into the office this morning. Just need to get our road oiled now as it is a total dust storm.

Page 342 of 342 FirstFirst ... 4292142192242292302312322338339340341342

Thread Information