Page 334 of 335 FirstFirst ... 3484134184234284294304314330331332333334335 LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,680 of 6691
Like Tree1610Likes

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

This is a discussion on What did you do with your Trans Am today? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Brian Lundell The Trans Am sat for about 16 months in storage. It is a leak that ...

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Lundell View Post
    The Trans Am sat for about 16 months in storage. It is a leak that is hitting the engine making some smoke. The leak is steering fluid, so I will have to check out the rings this weekend. I will change out the hoses while I'm at it. Everything is original on my car as I bought it new in 2002. It has 157K miles on it, so things are popping up here and there now.
    I was unable to acquire one of the hoses (I think the return hose) as it is no longer produced by GM, and there is no after market solution. I took my car to the hot rod shop, to have it fixed after I replaced the pump myself (reusing the hose) because the leak was still there. The hot rod shop (which specializes in F-Bodies and GMs in general. In fact, the owner daily drives a B4C and races a Trans-Am) was unable to get a replacement part, so they had to have Hose Power fab up a custom solution.

If you're able to get both lines, let us know!
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I replaced SOME of my pulleys but ran into a snag....

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    So, I replaced both tensioner pulleys, and the main accessory drive idler pulley.

The A/C idler pulley uses a torx head bolt rather than a standard bolt and the one on my car is stripped out.... (Of course the experience wouldn't be complete without a trip to the hardware store to buy more tools.... )

Anyway, I have a torx size 40, which seems to grip inside the new bolt, but it doesn't grip the old bolt (it looks a bit too small). Does anyone know if this is the right size?

Any tips on getting the stripped one out of there? The space it tight, as you all know, being between the radiator and the engine... my bit driver doesn't fit. I tried using a ratchet, but since it's stripped, I can't get it to turn.

Any tips before I break down and take it to the shop?

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Well, the bolt extractors didn't work (21mm seems to not want to fit around the bolt head, and 22mm is just too big).

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

New rack and pinion installed. It was as terrible as I thought it would be, but it's done. MUCH better steering response and no more slack, the old one was in pretty bad shape. Koni shocks and Strano springs are next.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Noticed what sounds like some pulley noise. Hoping i can diagnose and fix this weekend.
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by hardtrailz View Post
    Noticed what sounds like some pulley noise. Hoping i can diagnose and fix this weekend.
    I've been at this very thing for a few weeks now. If you don't have a set of torx-extractors, definitely consider getting some for the A/C idler pulley. Mine was stripped and it's been several weeks tracking down a means to get the bolt out. Also, be sure that your main drive belt idler pulley is the right one for your year. I think it was in 00 when they switched pulleys. Maybe just drive to the auto parts store, pull that pulley and compare to what they have.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    I was unable to acquire one of the hoses (I think the return hose) as it is no longer produced by GM, and there is no after market solution. I took my car to the hot rod shop, to have it fixed after I replaced the pump myself (reusing the hose) because the leak was still there. The hot rod shop (which specializes in F-Bodies and GMs in general. In fact, the owner daily drives a B4C and races a Trans-Am) was unable to get a replacement part, so they had to have Hose Power fab up a custom solution.

If you're able to get both lines, let us know!
    I know I am late to the show on this but the Power Steering return hose is just bulk hose.

I just replaces all of my power steering system in January, and had no issue sourcing a power steering pressure hose, granted that it was aftermarket but it is proper for the car.
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact DW's all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    356 rwhp, 360 rwlb/tq

Silver
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

IIIIII ordered new wheels for mine, not today but last night. The Thunder Chicken will have new shoes by next wednesday.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Been a busy day. 2 oil changes on both birds, replaced belt, opsu, and install the rest of the interior back on the vert.

Also adjusted my pinon angle on the Trans Am. Had to after I replaced the bracket broke on last track day in Feb.

Also got something back today, but that's for later.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403 built, breaking it in , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, UMI: SFC, PHB, LCA's, LCA Relocation Brackets & TA, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/4.10 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Navy Blue Metallic

Ok it's later, needed the pics to upload...

The donor dash is back and done. Just need to make time to tear mine out and make the swap.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The Trans Am finally got a new set of shoes. Absolutely screaming deal on a set of Eagle F1's through Tire Rack. Very pleased with both the tires and how easy the swap went.

Now I have to contend with a front end noise. Definitely have a low speed squeak emanating from one or more of the poly suspension bushings. Mine all have zerks but I know that it will not be that simple.

Navy Blue Metallic

Got some more stuff on the vert today. Picked up a carpet dash pad from Lethal Interiors. So the broken into a thousand pieces of a dash pad is gone and not an eye sore. Biggest accomplishment was figuring out the correct way to mount the seal tracks for the gaskets for the top. Also installed new seals from Hawks3rdgen. They seem to be the only place for vert parts btw.
    pajeff02 likes this.

Navy Blue Metallic

And today was the last day of vacation so I finished installing my sub and amp that's been sitting in my garage for months now. Sounds great.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Koni STR.T shocks and Strano springs arrive today, along with a host of LED lights to replace on the tail end (and some replacements for the SS as well). Rear axle for the passenger side arrives tomorrow (turns out there was more than a bearing/seal issue on that side). Hopefully I'll have some time between BANG ooo ahhh's this weekend to tinker with cars.

Navy Blue Metallic

Trying to decide if I want to open a can of worms by starting on swapping out the dash. I know this is going to take a few hours. When I got the donor dash I was just ripping it out as fast as I could without damaging the dash.

This time I plan on taking more time since it's an install.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I swapped a dash in an Olds Alero long ago. It was a wreck and rebuild that we purchased. Not terrible, but definitely did take some time to complete.

Navy Blue Metallic

Yup I'm a Sadist, gluten for punishment......I'm further along then this pic. Some lessons learn while putting it back in, drop and remove the steering wheel and a gauge pod and the wire harness will be a PITA to work around if you have no quick disconnects, a 2nd person is very much needed for smoother process.

Why, why does our car's require a blood sacrifice to work on? This damn thing is sharper then it appears, required a visit last night to the er for some glue to stop the bleeding above my left eye.

I wonder if I can plastic weld it???
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 07-04-2019 at 04:21 AM.

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I wonder if I can plastic weld it???
    Click for full size
    I hear good things about J-B Weld.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

That is beyond destroyed.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Trying to hunt down a God-awful squeak in the rear passenger side area. From the driver seat, it sounds like it's coming from inside the fender...

Got under the car and greased up all the rear suspension parts, but still the squeak remains... grumble, grumble...

Has anyone else had such a squeak and/or have any other clues?

Page 334 of 335 FirstFirst ... 3484134184234284294304314330331332333334335 LastLast

Thread Information