Page 325 of 350 FirstFirst ... 2575125175225275285295305321322323324325326327328329345 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,500 of 6997
Like Tree1650Likes

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

This is a discussion on What did you do with your Trans Am today? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I would check to see if a wire got cut. I thought on my Grand Prix I had a bad ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I would check to see if a wire got cut. I thought on my Grand Prix I had a bad motor but once I pulled the seat and removed a flip flop and a bunch of other trash the previous owner jammed up under the seat I found 2 of the wires where broken. I fixed them and all has been well.

Now on the FB Vert there was just too much to deal with to fix on it's power seats, so I pulled the track and got a manual track from the salvage yard and I can live with it.

1 Red/1 Silver
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGFirebird View Post
    New seatbelt guides with slots (for the Convertible, but figured easier to use as not have to unbolt seatbelt!), are great and I'm impressed by site I bought from. Funny, though, once I had the replacement I gave a shot at just superglueing and gorillatapeing the original one broken at screwholes but still good around seatbelt. It held !!!! Now i have spares for inevitable later broken guides, or for a new owner to install in 2040! :-) One more: I realized I can't let wife drive car as driver seat motor is not working for going rearward, and thus if she moves it forward, we can't get it back to full rear for me (I've never cared as I'm 6'3" and always drive most cars fully back!) So, how does one get a non-working motor seat back to full rear? And, is there a good replacement motor as I SHOULD fix it. Seat works every other direction (up/down/tilt) but I recall the seller (also a TALL dude) told me not to move it fwd as won't go back. Thanks as always, Folks. I appreciate this site so much for so many helpful fixes.
    Hey Bob, I use to have a '98 Arctic White T/A WS6 M6, and mine use to do the same thing. I ended up totaling that car, but before the total, I could get the seat to move... IF....I wasn't sitting in it while trying to move it. I know this may not be your case, but it helped me on the temporary... You might try it just to get it back to your 6'3" frame position while you look for a replacement seat motor...!
    Ported/Polished throttle body, Lingenfelter launch module, SLP line lock, QTP exhaust cutout, LS7 clutch, K&N, Ceramic coated longtubes, no cats, 3" exhaust, Flowmaster "B", Eibach springs, Midwest Chassis 9" rearend w/4.10's

Blog Entries
    Th You!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    Hey Bob, I use to have a '98 Arctic White T/A WS6 M6, and mine use to do the same thing. I ended up totaling that car, but before the total, I could get the seat to move... IF....I wasn't sitting in it while trying to move it. I know this may not be your case, but it helped me on the temporary... You might try it just to get it back to your 6'3" frame position while you look for a replacement seat motor...!
    Th you!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    Totaled ???! Now, that sounds like a story to be shared !!! :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I would check to see if a wire got cut. I thought on my Grand Prix I had a bad motor but once I pulled the seat and removed a flip flop and a bunch of other trash the previous owner jammed up under the seat I found 2 of the wires where broken. I fixed them and all has been well.

Now on the FB Vert there was just too much to deal with to fix on it's power seats, so I pulled the track and got a manual track from the salvage yard and I can live with it.
    Ahhh! This has potential as the air hoses had been pushed off, so maybe a wire got dislodged, too. I just can't recall if it went fwd and back once I bought it (and I have a memory it might have without me sitting in it...) anyway, my next small project so my Lady can start driving it --- after 3 years of asking ! :-) I did take her on a Harley ride, though! hahahahaha

Navy Blue Metallic

Mine refuses to try to drive mine even before I up it's hp. We used to have a 96 FB and that scared her to drive in the rain. plus she doesn't like being so low to the ground ever since I got her the Durango
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403 built, breaking it in , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, UMI: Sway Bars, SFC, PHB, LCA's, LCA Relocation Brackets & TA, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/4.10 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

primed the bay

1 Red/1 Silver

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGFirebird View Post
    Totaled ???! Now, that sounds like a story to be shared !!! :-)
    Was driving home late one night with a girl I had met a week earlier down a road I was not familiar with. The road turned left, but I didn't.... flipped it end over end twice,and rolled it 7 times. Broke my neck in 7 places, my back in two. The rear hatch and the driver door flew off, and it was hard to tell what kind of car it was. God had His hand on me for sure. A year later I got the red one, which is faster than the white one. But I'm careful on roads I'm not familiar with!! God is so very good.

Navy Blue Metallic

Damn......was she ok?

1 Red/1 Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Damn......was she ok?
    Yes, she was ok. Broken collar bone was all she injured. She wasn't too upset over it...she ended up marrying me~~~!! So, I guess it all turned out ok.!!

Navy Blue Metallic

Snap shot from my painter.

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

That is purty
    SMWS6TA likes this.
    2001 Trans Am Vert

1 Red/1 Silver

Lookin' Good!!

Navy Blue Metallic

I swear to God I'll decimate the 1st bird that takes a shit on it, squirrel or cat that thinks of crawling on it once I get it back. I have a car cover for it but it doesn't like to stay on it most of the time. I need to rig some straps to hold it on it guess.

1 Red/1 Silver

I have the same sentiments concerning cats...makes you want to leave out some anti-freeze in this cold weather, to keep them from freezing..... That's why I keep mine garaged. Surprised the car cover doesn't have straps built into it for that very reason? The edges of most car covers are reinforced and sewn. You could always cut a small pencil sized hole and run a bungie cord say from in front of the right front wheel over to the front of the left front wheel, and the same in the back. They make varying lengths of bungie cords. Just a thought. My car cover had a draw string that you could tie as tight as you wanted. But since it is garaged, I don't use it.

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Hey, has anyone started a Carlisle GM 2019 thread yet ?? Is anyone even going ?? looks like they shortened in to just Fri & Sat :-/
    '02 Black RamAir M6--Kooks LTH, Magnaflo, Lowered Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, Tuned By Frost, K&N & SLP box, Smooth bellows, polished TB, Spohn perf. suspension, shock tower brace. UMI 3point SFC. Front & side splitters w/ canards. American Racing 18" wheels & Mich. Pilot SS titres
    '76 LagunaS3 - 355ci , 350 turbo, 3:55's

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Did you get a good deal on the paint job ? Good ones can be outrageous sometimes !! looks really good !!

Navy Blue Metallic

Money shots

Navy Blue Metallic

Hard to see but the sail panel, wing and did the CETA mod in high gloss black.

And yes I got a good deal....
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 03-10-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Page 325 of 350 FirstFirst ... 2575125175225275285295305321322323324325326327328329345 ... LastLast

Thread Information