Want to get a WS6

Im thinking about getting a WS6. I've been looking around and found this one. It looks pretty clean and the mileage is decent. I happened to see it on autotrader and they dropped the price to $16500.

Just want to get some opinions on the price. Im sure I can get him down to atleast $16,000. Also, I would be using this as my daily (when i say daily i mean 10 miles a day average). How reliable are these cars beyond basic maintainence? Are there any large repairs that will pop up when I start to creep up on 100k?

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
    Im thinking about getting a WS6. I've been looking around and found this one. It looks pretty clean and the mileage is decent. I happened to see it on autotrader and they dropped the price to $16500.

Just want to get some opinions on the price. Im sure I can get him down to atleast $16,000. Also, I would be using this as my daily (when i say daily i mean 10 miles a day average). How reliable are these cars beyond basic maintainence? Are there any large repairs that will pop up when I start to creep up on 100k?
    Ahh Yes the classic haggin, I remember when I got my TA i paid 9 Grand for it!!! clean title clean miles 50158. Your car will treat you the way you treat it. that goes for any car. so you can either make it last 1 mile or 1Million just keep up with matienence.

BLACK
    2001 TRANS AM

That looks to be a pretty clean car. If you can get it for your price I think you will be doing well. Hurraquio is exactly right, do well by your ride and it will do well by you.

Yea i definitly plan on taking good care of it. I just want to make sure im not getting in over my head seeing as how im gonna be paying for this thing over the next five years. I was thinking about getting an RX7 before this but I figured i would probably end up replacing the engine twice over that period of time, it just doesnt seem worth it.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

I've got a Ford Thunderbird with over 200k miles on it and still going; if THAT can make it that far - with some severe beating on it too - then I have faith in other domestic cars too. Just take care of it.

From what I hear about the engines in the RX7 is that they have to be rebuilt pretty often - but aren't TOO difficult to do so. Just what I heard though, not from experience. I don't know a whole lot about rotory maintenence.

Hope it all works out for you and you end up with a great car.

Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Dude, I know this goes for every car purchase- but please get the main probs. that go wrong with our cars checked before you buy. Make sure they haven't put any "rebuilt parts" on it to save money for them.
    You'll save a hell of a lot in repairs that you could have negotiated on. I'm having to get the Entire A/C system replaced on my T/A. The dealership put a crap rebuilt compressor on it and acted like it was new. Bottom line is... four months later it was FUBAR-ed and I was SOL.

Thread Information