Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Want to add long tubes

So far I am very happy with my magnaflow exhaust. Its quite at idle, but get on it and its mean as shit. I really want to get some pacesetter lts. Does anyone have a link to where I can order a complete kit?. I would like to keep the stock Y-pipe. Is that a bad idea? It seems a bit restrictive. I would also like to keep my thunder bolt hf cats. What do you guys think? Whole job including labor would prob run around a grand right?

NBM
    99 TA

I don't believe stock y-pipe wont work with LTs, but I may be wrong. Also why would you spend the money for headers to increase the airflow, then leave the stock y to restrict flow right behind it.
    Last edited by peterlawl84; 03-19-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

Stock Y will not fit.. Long tubes are LONG The collector ends up under your feet.. Stock Y goes up and connects to the cats still almost beside the motor.

You can have a custom Y made at a good exhaust shop and they can put your current cats in there no problem. I did just that except no cats and I used a flow master merge collector for good scavenging.

Slow Passenger Window - Want Passenger Express Down - Tired of Replacing DayTime Running Light Bulbs

Camaro Owners Click Here
    Firebird Owners Click Here

Need instructions to replace your F-Body window motor?
    www.AutoTrix.net

Damnn. Would I need new cats as well?

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

No I think a good exhaust shop would have no problem making them work.

Quote Originally Posted by gnomee View Post
    No I think a good exhaust shop would have no problem making them work.
    Kind of expensive when your in college. So pacesetters $450, Y pipe $150, and labor $350. So ball park is $950-1,000 correct?

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

i got the bbk header and ory from lmperformance for about 400. install only took a couple hours, minus the 2 broken bolts, broken easy outs... catless it sounded like ass, after i got the cats on it quieted up nicely and the crackly rasping was gone.

400 for headers and y
    200 for cat intall
    80 for cats
    35 for gaskest
    so right at 700 bucks. if you do the install and get a shop to put the cats on. those bitches wanted another 100 bucks to move the rear o2bung, i told em just leave it off, its not doing anything anyway.
    Last edited by V8MUSCLE; 03-19-2010 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by V8MUSCLE View Post
    i got the bbk header and ory from lmperformance for about 400. install only took a couple hours, minus the 2 broken bolts, broken easy outs... catless it sounded like ass, after i got the cats on it quieted up nicely and the crackly rasping was gone.
    Would it make more sense to ditch the y pipe for an x since your getting a new cross over anyway??

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

if your not pushing 500+ hp i really doubt true dual is needed. plus i already had a slp catback.

if you want true dual go for it, but i doubt youll see much improvement.

if your not pushing 500+ hp i really doubt true dual is needed. plus i already had a slp catback.

if you want true dual go for it, but i doubt youll see much improvement.
    Yeah its prob more expensive and alot louder. I dont want that raspy sound. I like how my car sounds now, deep and mean.

400 for headers and y
    200 for cat intall
    80 for cats
    35 for gaskest
    so right at 700 bucks. if you do the install and get a shop to put the cats on. those bitches wanted another 100 bucks to move the rear o2bung, i told em just leave it off, its not doing anything anyway.
    My buddy had to replace the motor mounts on his. Ill plan on around 9 billz hahah Unless my buddy does it. Parts are 450 plus 200 for labor I guess.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Trans am ws6

ebay or jegs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle86 View Post
    ebay or jegs.
    jegs is the shitt. i wouldnt buy anything used.

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

I just picked up some Ebay headers for $720 shipped. That includes cats and Y pipe. They're great looking, and seem high quality. Havn't got them on yet. With not a lot of mods, you may want to just change out you Y-pipe. I happen to have an SLP unit for sale. It's welded so I won't ship, but not that from ya

It has a big wing!

If you go with headers, just make sure to get cats or transfer your cats over to the new set up.That should keep most if not all the rasp down.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I have the magnaflow and the longtube pacesetter header combo. As stated above, you will need another Y-pipe. I live in KY so I got the off-road (no cats) and snapped on some O2 simulators. Personally, I love the pacesetter longtubes with the magnaflow. You won't be dissapointed even if you have to keep the cats. Make sure to buy a pair of 12" O2 extensions (Caspers or similar). Much better than hacking into your existing wiring. The job is time consuming but fairly easy.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

i have pacesetter headers. with a 3" x-pipe going threw dynamax bullet mufflers with a mid size cam and patriot heads. i have had more comments on my exhaust sound than any other fbody around here:P i have a very distinct sound too mine. and if your car is stock most likely an x-pipe will lower your torque a tad bit and is pretty firiggin loud at all times lol

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by 98_transam_ws6 View Post
    I have the magnaflow and the longtube pacesetter header combo. As stated above, you will need another Y-pipe. I live in KY so I got the off-road (no cats) and snapped on some O2 simulators. Personally, I love the pacesetter longtubes with the magnaflow. You won't be dissapointed even if you have to keep the cats. Make sure to buy a pair of 12" O2 extensions (Caspers or similar). Much better than hacking into your existing wiring. The job is time consuming but fairly easy.
    pacesetter + magnaflow is the greatest combo for bolt on modded LSX cars i think its always a great combo for sound my dads GTO has pacesetter and magnaflows. sounds great.

Anyone know if pacesetter lts can be found for under 400 coated??

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Anyone know if pacesetter lts can be found for under 400 coated??
    If you are still looking for some these are a pair for 370 and I think they come with every thing. If you want to know the web site pm me. they are not a sponser thats why i'm not going to say it

Thread Information