Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Ur thought on this trade

I have been thinking about it since the summer, and I want to sell my car. The reason is simple. I couldnt get headers and that has put me in a hole as far as modding goes. I cant do serious engine work w/o them, and if i did it would be pointless spending that much $ and not optimizing performance. I have just done every power adder bolt on to gain the power, but im not satisfied. I want the car to run deep into the 11's so i added a nitrous kit. Its only sprayed once and i got my #'s but i want it to be consistant. I want 11's but still have a car that i can drive daily.

Now im looking at a terminator (03/04 cobra). Iv been looking around for one but they are all high 20's low 30's in price. These cars are the only ones on the road that can keep up w/ and LS1 as far as best bang for buck and mods go. What are your imputs on this? Should I sell her, or keep her for a while until the prices on the cobras drop then buy one. If i decide to sell it, it wont be untill the summer of 08. I am going to keep it during the winter and then get rid of it in the summe or early spring

Black
    99 SS

why cant you get headers????????
    if your already running 11's with the spray then why do you want to get rid of it?

and the cost of a termy will not drop in price, IMO or at least not much...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that's the dumbest shit i've ever heard. Fuck, headers and Y are like 500 tops.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

You sound like your envious of Terminator owners.

Red
    2001 ws6

are u not getting headers because of the daily driver issue? if not y cant u get em?

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

its not the price. Let me say it again PRICE IS NOT AN ISSUE, my neighbors are. They complain over a stock exhaust, so getting LT's is pretty stupid. I really wanted a H/C but, its stupid w/o a good exhaust. I want more power, but idk wut to do. Shud i go bigger, and put a 383 or 402?

I've heard several people contemplating this and unless you are a diehard ford fan why would you do this? You can buy a nice LS1 car for less then half the price of an 03/04 cobra and you can use the money you save to mod it. I don't see any reason why you can't end up with a low 11 LS1 for less then 25k including the purchase price of a decent low mi SS. Sure termis are quick stock and can be easliy modded into the 11s but they are supercharged and very expensive. Worst of all after all that money you spend you still have a mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    its not the price. Let me say it again PRICE IS NOT AN ISSUE, my neighbors are. They complain over a stock exhaust, so getting LT's is pretty stupid. I really wanted a H/C but, its stupid w/o a good exhaust. I want more power, but idk wut to do. Shud i go bigger, and put a 383 or 402?
    Just put a quiet catback on it and you will be fine. You still need a cobra to breath in order for it to make good power so you will have the same problem. Not to mention they are very loud with just a catback.

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Ask your self this question, Are you really bored with your car ?
    And is Speed the only reason for making this choice ?
    My feelings are don't make a decision based off of a car running 11's or not.
    Because quarter mile is not what these cars are all about, sure they run fast times stock but they also do so much more. Terminators are great cars but if it wasn't faster than an LS1 would you still be making this choice. JMO
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

fuck your neighbors

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    fuck your neighbors
    +100000

you/they won't be there forever

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    +100000

you/they won't be there forever
    i would never buy a car for myself based on what my neighbors want me to buy.

rajiv are you buying it for you or your neighbors? if worst comes to worst and there really is a problem just drive it real quietly when leaving and arriving ur house. i had to with my thirdgen. no1 complained but i did it to be nice. but if anyone complained, fuck them. what do i care?

i had a car without a muffler for like 3 months. i got pulled over ONCE and thats cuz i was drivin it loud in front of an unmarked cop car. he gave me a written warning and thats it. if you drive it nicely around residential areas especially at night, you should be fine

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I love this car to death and always did. But im only thinking about selling it because I want H/C. And i will not put them in unless i have headers, the car will not work at its full potential and thats a fact. I dont know 2 of my friends have termi's and one has a few bolt ons and a ported stiegemeier and made 493 to the wheels. The other has full bolt ons and a whipple and made 618 to the wheels. I dont wanna sell it for my neighbors or me, but i want more power. I wanna run very deep into the 11's and want to do so w/o FI. I know i cant do that with a termi but i sprayed my car to get into the 11's. Living in condo's sucks.

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    I love this car to death and always did. But im only thinking about selling it because I want H/C. And i will not put them in unless i have headers, the car will not work at its full potential and thats a fact. I dont know 2 of my friends have termi's and one has a few bolt ons and a ported stiegemeier and made 493 to the wheels. The other has full bolt ons and a whipple and made 618 to the wheels. I dont wanna sell it for my neighbors or me, but i want more power. I wanna run very deep into the 11's and want to do so w/o FI. I know i cant do that with a termi but i sprayed my car to get into the 11's. Living in condo's sucks.
    FUCK-YOUR-NEIGHBORS

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Neighbors, wtf who cares

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

fuck your neighbors dude, if it was just about horsepower then we would all probably be driving something like a termi but its not. i love my trans am not only for the cars history but for its looks, at any given day there may be 6 or more mustangs sitting in my works parking lot but you know what mine is the only damn trans am out there and because that mine gets noticed more often. I say fuck your neighbors and do whatever you want.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Just for ur neighbors I would buy some piece of shit civic, give it straight pipes and a fart can muffler and rev every time you pass their house...

artic white
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Why not put on the headers and then an elec. cutout, then a nice quiet cat back.

pewter
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Hwystar View Post
    Why not put on the headers and then an elec. cutout, then a nice quiet cat back.
    + 1

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Just for ur neighbors I would buy some piece of shit civic, give it straight pipes and a fart can muffler and rev every time you pass their house...
    haha I totally agree. Who in their right mind would mod their car around their neighbors? What, are you sitting in you're driveway at 3am revving you're motor? Driving up and down the street like a maniac at these hours as well? I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when I raced dirt bikes..One of the many times I was working on my dirt bike in the drive way, I had a police officer pull up and ask me a bunch of questions. It basically amounted to the fact that my neighbor called in saying that he saw me going 100+ mph up and down the street (on a dirt bike mind you) and once me and the police officer talked for a few he went next door and talked to my neighbor..never had police called again. I don't know how strict the laws are where you live, but I doubt they will give you any kind of sound disturbance ticket unless you are hot rodding around.

Thread Information