Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Udy's WS6 convertible!

Good day all! Brought home a 2000 convertible WS6 6/14/15! It's my second one! (2001 T-top 6-speed)

The bird already has bolt-in frame ties, tubular tranny brace, strut tower brace, Magnatec diff cover/girdle, SLP Y-pipe and Loudmouth, SLP lid and seal, and SLP shirt shifter!

Future mods will be minimal, but I'd like to fill the wheel wells a bit and maybe 4.10 gears! I'm thinking 285/40s on factory wheels? Thoughts?

As of now, I need a clutch! I've put 165 miles on her and lost my slave cylinder today!😳 Fluid on the ground just inside and behind pass. front tire!

Car is on jack-stands now! Gonna give it a try myself!

I'll try to get pics up and show progress as I go!

Thanks for looking! Suggestions are welcomed, and flame away when needed!😋

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Subscribed. Not a while lot of flaming on here, except the friendly sort of stuff between the long time members. Too bad you aren't just a bit closer, my garage is always open and I thoroughly enjoy projects like a clutch swap.

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Subscribed. Not a while lot of flaming on here, except the friendly sort of stuff between the long time members. Too bad you aren't just a bit closer, my garage is always open and I thoroughly enjoy projects like a clutch swap.
    Thanks Jeff! I'm looking forward to working on my car! I waited a long time, but finally built my garage last year! No lift, but I do have air and basic tools! (And a Mitsubishi heat pump/air conditioner!&#128523

I can take the flaming and sarcasm...I do it too!😝. Plus, I've been married twice!💩 I can take it! (and, I'm Polish, I've had 7 concussions, and my mom smoked and drank heavily during pregnancy...ok in the 60s)😜

Great night to ya!
    Long ago...

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Welcome!
    Black 1999 Blown Convertible A4
    Forged 383 | ATI D-1SC
    NX MAF Kit | 222/226 .585 115
    AS Stage II 6.0L FI Heads
    Moser 9" | 3.70 | Wavetrac | 35 Spline | Vigilante 3600
    548.0 RWHP - 563.8 RWTQ - 10# - D1

666.0 RWHP - 734.2 RWTQ - 125 Shot - P1

Black 2009 Escalade Hybrid 4WD

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

There are days that I would almost trade my lift for AC out in the garage... almost.

I have considered installing AC, but I would need to cut a hole and mount it in a wall. Hanging an AC unit out a front window at our house is verboten.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Welcome aboard! Sorry to hear of the slave cyl issue, but this only means you will have a nice new clutch to break in yourself and know it will last. Sounds like it has a nice general mod list too! I look forward to loading my undercarriage up with some good stuff soon.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Thanks again y'all! I'm looking into the Tick/Monster clutch package! It seems to have everything to do a complete replacement! The Tick MC and bleeder seem to be a decent upgrade! I think I'm going stage 2 with clutch kit! It should handle anything I could give it!

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    There are days that I would almost trade my lift for AC out in the garage... almost.

I have considered installing AC, but I would need to cut a hole and mount it in a wall. Hanging an AC unit out a front window at our house is verboten.
    Could you do it via ducting? Cut a hole in the ceiling and route some dryer tubing to the hole?

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
    Good day all! Brought home a 2000 convertible WS6 6/14/15! It's my second one! (2001 T-top 6-speed)

The bird already has bolt-in frame ties, tubular tranny brace, strut tower brace, Magnatec diff cover/girdle, SLP Y-pipe and Loudmouth, SLP lid and seal, and SLP shirt shifter!

Future mods will be minimal, but I'd like to fill the wheel wells a bit and maybe 4.10 gears! I'm thinking 285/40s on factory wheels? Thoughts?

As of now, I need a clutch! I've put 165 miles on her and lost my slave cylinder today!😳 Fluid on the ground just inside and behind pass. front tire!

Car is on jack-stands now! Gonna give it a try myself!

I'll try to get pics up and show progress as I go!

Thanks for looking! Suggestions are welcomed, and flame away when needed!😋
    You could put 285/40/17's on the stock 17x9's, but they will probably not get you the better contact patch that you would hope. 275 on x9's are pushing it, by manufacturers recommendations (they recommend 275's have x9.5's) . 285's are recommended to be on x10's. I have 285/40/17's on my 17x9.5 Z06 wheels and if I run the tires at 29-30 psi, they get full tread/ground contact. I dont think you'd see that on a x9 wheel.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Could you do it via ducting? Cut a hole in the ceiling and route some dryer tubing to the hole?
    They also have AC units that use a small vent across the bottom of the window to vent he heat out, very stealthy.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post

Not really - it is a pretty large garage and it would take a sizeable unit and lots of air flow to keep it cool. The garage faces west, so after midday it starts warming up pretty good. Only good thing is that is also the direction our winds come from so opening the doors, and then popping the entrance door on the north side, allows for some pretty good air flow.

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Jeff, I do HVAC for a living! What are your dimensions, window/door sizes, and insulation values? I can give you an idea on tonnage to cool! What do you do for heat?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Thanks, but I have a local friend (also a site member) who does HVAC work for a living. I tend to be pretty slow about things like this, so maybe another decade or so before I get around to actually pursuing it. In the meantime, I will just continue to bitch about the heat and humidity.

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

👍🎉😀

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Today I got the driveshaft and torque arm out from under the car! Front mount bolts were a BEAR! The starter is wired out of the way, and all wires are unhooked and out of the way! Tomorrow after work I hope to have the tranny out and clutch out too!

According to UPS, everything, even the clutch, should be here tomorrow!🎉😋. I may drive her this weekend if all goes well! I gotta remind myself to relax and take my time!😳

Oh, I kinda splurged and ordered a set of BFG g-Force Sport Comp-2s on 17x9.5 ZR1 replicas from DTD! They will be here Thursday!

Is a tubular torque-arm worth the money?

Thanks for the support and "likes" y'all!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

All the stock rear suspension pieces are fairly flimsy. I recommend a full length tubular torque arm plus a front mount that attaches to the crossmember rather than the transmission tailstock. If you are lowered, or plan to lower your car, then get the adjustable torque arm.

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

It'll be a while before I can do suspension mods! I have rear tubular lower arms now! I may have to go to tranny mount for now! The car has a tubular cross member and SLP ory! I haven't had the chance to read up on them, but it appears that the torque are may need to be specific to the cross member? When the time comes, I'll go with the drive shaft hoop also! I'm looking at the BMR AND UMI as we speak!

Thanks for the input Jeff! Long term goals will be 4:10 gears and upgraded suspension! I don't think I want to lower it though! I already touch the edge of my garage floor entering the garage! I also need to invest in a lower floor jack and jack stands! Aside from my '01 WS6, I've been able to sit under my vehicles to do oil changes! It kinda socks rolling out from under the car to get tools!😝

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I elected not to lower our car as well. The roads around here are not too friendly and event though a lowered F-body looks amazing... not going to do it. There are specific combinations of exhaust and suspension components - if you need assistance just call the manufacturer. UMI attends all the Carlisle shows and offers special pricing. At the show, they bring out a couple of cars and offer ride-alongs on the auto-x track. I am a huge fan of their products which are built right here in PA.

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Thanks for the kudos to UMI! I have a non adjustable torque arm on its way! Very pleasant dealings! Id love to see their facility one day!

I pulled my y-pipe last night! Not bad! A little Thrust on all the threads and it all came apart nicely!😎 started on the upper bell housing bolts, the one on top is gonna be a fun one! A friend loaned me a tranny jack, I think I'll need to let the tranny/motor sag at the back to get that upper bolt!😳

Anyhow, Saturday should be a pretty productive day! 🎉😋

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Oh, clutch, MC, and tires/wheels are here!🎉😎

Thread Information