Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

Trans Am rocker molding

I need to replace the rocker molding on my 99 Trans Am. I do not have the WS-6 package. I called the dealer and he ran my VIN# and informed me that I have the cheaper molding (there are two versions, a $400 and a $1000 one). I have looked all over the net and cannot figure out what the difference is between the two. I will buy used, but can''t seem to find the correct one. Can anyone explain to me what the physical difference is between the two??? Pics would be great!

Thanks.

Chris

Black
    1995 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Piranhaz View Post
    I need to replace the rocker molding on my 99 Trans Am. I do not have the WS-6 package. I called the dealer and he ran my VIN# and informed me that I have the cheaper molding (there are two versions, a $400 and a $1000 one). I have looked all over the net and cannot figure out what the difference is between the two. I will buy used, but can''t seem to find the correct one. Can anyone explain to me what the physical difference is between the two??? Pics would be great!

Thanks.

Chris
    From what i've researched...I did not discover a difference??? Maybe he got confused and thought the ACTUAL rocker (metal) and compared it to the actual rocker molding/ground effects piece.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird Phoenix View Post
    From what i've researched...I did not discover a difference??? Maybe he got confused and thought the ACTUAL rocker (metal) and compared it to the actual rocker molding/ground effects piece.

Yeah, it's very confusing. I did talk to a couple different yards today and they thought maybe the WS6 one was wider, but I can't see anything in any pic's that show me a difference. I found a guy that has a RH and LH for a 99 WS6 option, so I might just get both and if they are different than the one good one I still have on the car, I'll just replace both. The thing that really gets me is that the dealer says there is a $400 version and a $1000 version. What in the world could drive a $600 increase in a rocker molding/ground effect???

I'll keep ya posted and let you know what I find out. Thanks for the reply.

Chris

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Are we talking about the long fairing on the lower part of the door area? I need one too if that's the case. Mine has a chunk taken out of it and if it is what I think it is, those are about that expensive and I nearly fell over when I priced them too.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Are we talking about the long fairing on the lower part of the door area? I need one too if that's the case. Mine has a chunk taken out of it and if it is what I think it is, those are about that expensive and I nearly fell over when I priced them too.

Yeah, the plastic ground effect that clips to the rocker panel and the rear of the front fender and the front of the rear quarter. Amazingly expensive in my opinion!!!

Chris

Green
    1994 Trans Am GTA

I am looking for the that piece also....any help?

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

i think your dealer was lookin at the trans am side skirt vs the W68 (firebird appearance package) . . . trans am and ws6 has the same side skirt. . .
    go to gmpartsdirect.com . . looks like its about $300 (i think the sport package means trans am. . i would email them and ask them tho)
    (go catalog -> pillars rockers and floor -> exterior trim -> rocker molding)

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Thread Information