Thread: Trade for My TA

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Trade for My TA

Hey guys i just got back from a get together with some peers, well today a friend of my friend wanted to trade his 03 Cobra (pullied, CAI, Full Exaust, some other stuff that i cant remember him saying thank you beer) + five grand, and A Manu Ginobly signed jersey. I considered and I though admit it it could of given me a nice boost in HP, but my heart was with my TA and I refused!, I could use those Five Grand and invest them in my car and I can still keep the jersey, or sell it on Ebay. I do admit that i thought about it, and yes that cobra was nice. but I WILL NEVER REGRET this decision!. what would you guys do or would of done?

green
    98 formula

I would have done the same thing although I would not have had to think about it really other than the motor the cobra is just a mustang

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

well the only comparison i made was the HP, but other than that it was guaranteed NO

Black
    2000 WS6

The 03-04 Cobra is a world apart from say a 03-04 GT Mustang. You get a built motor, 6 speed trans, Independent Rear Suspension, Bilstein Shocks, much nicer interior, functional hood, much nicer bumpers and side skirts, and much better resale value...

my buddy has one with 600rwhp (which is no problem for these cars) and its amazing the driveability that this car still has on the street...and he gets 20+mpg cruising...

green
    98 formula

Quote Originally Posted by TheGimp711 View Post
    The 03-04 Cobra is a world apart from say a 03-04 GT Mustang. You get a built motor, 6 speed trans, Independent Rear Suspension, Bilstein Shocks, much nicer interior, functional hood, much nicer bumpers and side skirts, and much better resale value...

my buddy has one with 600rwhp (which is no problem for these cars) and its amazing the driveability that this car still has on the street...and he gets 20+mpg cruising...
    my dad had an 03 cobra convertible and they are nicer than a gt but when you start modding a car all the skirting doesnt really matter the rear isnt that great for performance unless you spend some money on new shafts my point was it is a mustang

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

When I was buying my most recent car (the WS6) it was a choice between a blue '03 Cobra and my WS6. The choice I made was obvious; not always about horsepower. I do like Cobras though, I just wanted a WS6 more.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

I love my TA

86 Buick Grand National
    02 WS6-M6 407 RWHP

Is that cobra worth more than you t/a, plus he'd being giving you five grand on top of it. I would have traded and sold the cobra bought a nicer ws6 and still had plenty left to mod it.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sfletch2000 View Post
    Is that cobra worth more than you t/a, plus he'd being giving you five grand on top of it. I would have traded and sold the cobra bought a nicer ws6 and still had plenty left to mod it.

There arent many WS6's here. and those that are available have too many miles.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Well there arent many 03, 04 cobras period, if he has less than 50k miles i know people who would have paid 24grand for that car, dont tell me you can get more than 24grand for your car. and he was gonna give you 5 grand, thats 29grand. and whatever the jersey sold for

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    Well there arent many 03, 04 cobras period, if he has less than 50k miles i know people who would have paid 24grand for that car, dont tell me you can get more than 24grand for your car. and he was gonna give you 5 grand, thats 29grand. and whatever the jersey sold for
    man i suck at typing, he wanted my car plus five grand and the jersey. That cobra had 120K Miles on it, This car was sold in florida drove it a bunch when he was overthere, he drove it when he moved here back in 05, then he drove back to florida whenever he'd visit. and although that cobra sounded bad ass but its been around the block, My TA bareley is going on 82k ive driven it for 25K and No problems whatsoever.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

O, well then fuck the cobra

Thread Information