Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Impounded

Black as black can be
    2001 Trans Am WS6

too many un educated people

My car is an 01 WS6...okay I have had so many people on here tell me I dont run what I run and I got this and that.....I have a buddy with a 1998 Z28 with headers,tune,4:10's,auto,T/B,MAF,LS6 intake,cam and runs 13.30's on street tires, now he ran 13.90 before all off it, and we found out the only good was done in the cam and headers, he slapped ET streets on and ran 12.97...its has 150,000mi....okay I had a 01 WS6 with 110,000mi run 13.08...1 tenth from what he ran with just street tires,slp lid,msd plug wires, and hooker muffler I installed in place of stock muffler.....EXPLAIN that...I got too many of saying stuff too me thats unnecessary....I had a worn clutch and 3rd gear was going out in my 6spd tranny and still ran that on my first run, I had only had the car 2 weeks, and then I still ran 13.30's40's going from 2nd to 4th....I had LS1 cars running 13.0's and 12.70's80's that had cams and headers, and I was pretty much stock and broke down...EXPLAIN that, until then stop harrassing me or kick me off this site!!!!!!!

silver
    2002 ws6

you're buddy is a piss poor driver or has a terrible tune

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

You my friend, seem to be the under educated one....

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Your buddy sounds like he needs to practice some more. As for you, I don't really give a damn what you run, only issue is you douching up a site I enjoy logging onto and sharing/learning about ls1's.

If your as good as you say, then I got some mad props for you. If you want to show off to everyone here, post up some vids and slips and that'll do the talking for you.

All I've seen is a shit ton of threads with you spouting the same vile attitude and have never backed it up. I knew guys like that in college and the reason the multitude treated them like they were full of shit is because they were...

Good night

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

What time do you claim you can run, as of this post?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I enjoy this site and never really had anyone call me out such as you're sayin. Only when I've been an ass has anyone ever said shit to me. Maybe it's you cause it certainly is'nt this site. Most people here have been helpful to me and greatful when I've given my two cents. Dont shit on this site cause people here want facts or give you their oppinions. OP's and cars are what gets talked about here. If you talk to people like they are shit, you get shit. Just my oppy. Good luck........

Ps. You cant just stick a bunch of mods on an engine and expect good results. I have a GM tuner car that has an engine with a very limited after market. It took lots and lots of time, $$$, and research to get out of it what I was looking for. It's quite possible you may need to do the same..
    I'm not trying to start shit but your aproach to the people on this site sucks..
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-21-2009 at 06:15 AM.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I dont know exactly what your talking about

But I'm going to humor you. and I would like for you tell tell us exactly what is in an SS/WS6, that makes it so much better than a Z28/TA. And cite your sources...Buddies dad doesnt cut it.

And also, you have a newer car than your buddy, with a 2/3 the mileage...did you factor that into your equation?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    Your buddy sounds like he needs to practice some more. As for you, I don't really give a damn what you run, only issue is you douching up a site I enjoy logging onto and sharing/learning about ls1's.

If your as good as you say, then I got some mad props for you. If you want to show off to everyone here, post up some vids and slips and that'll do the talking for you.

All I've seen is a shit ton of threads with you spouting the same vile attitude and have never backed it up. I knew guys like that in college and the reason the multitude treated them like they were full of shit is because they were...

Good night
    Amen

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    you're buddy is a piss poor driver or has a terrible tune
    Yup, sounds like a little bit of both to me.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

getcha....are you by chance considering buying a Tundra?

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Uneducated is the wrong word inexperienced is probably better.

The thing is not all LS1's are equal be it from mileage wear, bad gas, poorly driven, unmaintained or even a bad tune. I've personally seen stock to lid and catback cars range from 14.1 to 13.2. Weather conditions and elevation have just as much effect on a cars performance aswell.
    Experienced or Veteran LS1 owners like myself always try to give out the best information we can. We all make mistakes from time to time the question is are you man enough to admit it.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

navy blue metallic
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by getcha01 View Post
    I have a buddy with a 1998 Z28 with headers,tune,4:10's,auto,T/B,MAF,LS6 intake,cam and runs 13.30's on street tires....okay I had a 01 WS6 with 110,000mi run 13.08...1 tenth from what he ran with just street tires,slp lid,msd plug wires, and hooker muffler I installed in place of stock muffler.....EXPLAIN that
    i don't know who said you weren't running that but it's very reasonable. people have hit 12's completely stock, it makes perfect sense.

your friend's car on the other hand, is a mess. you didn't mention a stall in his mod list. you can't run a very big cam on a stock stall, and if the cam makes power in the upper rpm range it's going to take even longer for him to get there. it might be hurting him more than it's helping. plus with the 4.10's(which is way to much gear for an auto) he's running out of gear by the 1/4 mile mark. he should be running about a 13.5 stock. with just the tires and a stall he'd be in the mid-low 12's.

uneducated is one word btw
    Last edited by creeper; 03-21-2009 at 08:07 AM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by creeper View Post
    plus with the 4.10's(which is way to much gear for an auto)
    Please explain.

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Yes, do explain........

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    getcha....are you by chance considering buying a Tundra?

navy blue metallic
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Please explain.
    if you drive on the highway, you'll be spinning 2500-3000rpm, 1st and 2nd gear will go very quickly and be tough to hook on the street, might end up hitting 4th before the traps depending on mods, and even though auto's are easier on the rear a 4.10 on mickey thompsons doesn't sound too good for it

that's just my personal opinion

although if it's a track only car or a weekend car that doesn't see much highway they'd be great if you ran a slightly taller tire or raised shift points to make sure it doesn't hit 4th before the traps

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

Quote Originally Posted by creeper View Post
    if you drive on the highway, you'll be spinning 2500-3000rpm, 1st and 2nd gear will go very quickly and be tough to hook on the street, might end up hitting 4th before the traps depending on mods, and even though auto's are easier on the rear a 4.10 on mickey thompsons doesn't sound too good for it

that's just my personal opinion

although if it's a track only car or a weekend car that doesn't see much highway they'd be great if you ran a slightly taller tire or raised shift points to make sure it doesn't hit 4th before the traps
    +1 not many people run 4:10's in an A4 because the gearing is too short unless the previous mods have been done. 3:73 is better suited for an A4 track car.

also the 01 & 02 LS1's have slightly better heads then 98-00 LS1's there are plenty of factors that could make up that difference... big deal who f**king cares?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Oh boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Look at her Moms ass.....it is more accurate than a crystal ball.....is this where I wanna be in 25 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Oh I forgot. You kids invented sex/drugs and rock n roll. We just wandered around holding our dicks waiting for you punk ass blowhards to come along and tell us what to do.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

DA, track prep, heatsoak, lots of shit go into factoring track times and all that crap. My friend has 4.56 in his a4 and he never goes into 4th. 4.10s ARENT a good highway gear.. and that is why.

Getcha your previous posts of how a regular trans am could never beat a ws6 is what make people thing your a tool. Its your best bet you just let people think what the think and not cause an argument in your case..

Good luck man

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    I dont know exactly what your talking about

But I'm going to humor you. and I would like for you tell tell us exactly what is in an SS/WS6, that makes it so much better than a Z28/TA. And cite your sources...Buddies dad doesnt cut it.

And also, you have a newer car than your buddy, with a 2/3 the mileage...did you factor that into your equation?
    It has the ls-6 manifold

Thread Information