Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    WS6

Unhappy Those Were the Days

I was out and about yesterday and lo and behold - a black WS6 comes at me from the opposite direction. My heart starts racing and my thoughts drift back to Buffalo NY and my experience with my new Black '01 WS6. I remember picking it up from the dealership like it was yesterday - I vividly remember the entire trip home as I took back roads to avoid heavy traffic. My wife came out and checked it out - eventually taking it for a short ride down the street. I remember the rumble from the exhaust as she went by. In the winter my DAILY ritual was to head to the garage for about 30 minutes to dust it off with my California duster and drink a beer or two as I ran the engine a bit as well. Lights on, exhaust rumbling as I peered at it from the driveway - it was all tucked away for a winter's nap (long one in Buffalo). In the summer, I would polish and polish my black beauty for hours...even the exhaust tips and the always fading WS6 badge on the rear. I sat in front of my rims polishing every inch of them. My tires were black and spotless too. I did drive it to work when the weather was guaranteed sunny and dry. My beauty never seen rain or snow on it. When my business started to tank, my wife and I decided to get rid of it - we just could not make the payments any longer. So, when I traded it AND my wife's Grand Prix GTP for a new optioned-out '04 Trailblazer, it was a sad day. I looked at it as we drove off in the new Chevy - my dream car, my toy car, my WS6 sitting there. A week later my WS6 was the CORNER PREMIUM TRADE-IN at the Used Car dealership. It was there for a few weeks, then never to be seen again. Life throws curveballs, and this was one of them. That car was in my possession for a little over two years, and had 2,100 miles on it when I deserted it. Actually, this was one of my darkest days as an adult. So, when I see a WS6 my head always spins and my mind takes me back to the "good old days" not long ago when a WS6 was mine, only then heads spun looking at my WS6... Some folks say never to look back, but as we age, memories become more important to us and me. For you out there that do own a WS6 right now, or an SS Z28, enjoy and hang on to it if you can.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

That must be the saddest story I ever heard.

2000 Trans Am

I don't think i could ever sell my baby!

Black
    WS6

I had plans of adding an exhaust and a supercharger along with a stall converter...plans....plans...plans.....

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I dont' understand why you're upset, you barely drove the thing while you owned it-sounds like you should have spent more time behind the wheel instead of letting it sleep in the garage.

black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Hey don't sweat it. You might be able to get yourself another one some day. Back when I was out of school and working I wanted to get a trans am, and I almost did, but practicality won. I couldn't afford to have a car that I wouldn't be able to drive in the winter. Now that I'm finally in a position to afford to have a car I can play with, I have finally bought the black WS6 I always wanted - some 10 years later. Sometimes life just gets in the way and you have to give some stuff up or postpone things for awhile.

Black
    WS6

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I dont' understand why you're upset, you barely drove the thing while you owned it-sounds like you should have spent more time behind the wheel instead of letting it sleep in the garage.
    Hard to explain I guess. I just really worshipped that car. I came from minimal means and made most on my own, so it was a dream car. There is one funny story about that - when I did take it to the dealer for a synthetic oil change, I insisted to the shop manager that my car does NOT get washed. You know - crappy wash with inevitable swirl marks and water spots? I wrote on the work order DO NOT WASH. He guaranteed it would not be washed. In any case, my car was spotless to begin with, so why wash it? Anyways, I pick the car up, and with the sun baking and all sorts of reflections, I drove it home, got out and almost puked - yup - they washed it, left it in the sun and now I had water spots baked in. My wife to this day, has never seen me so pissed off. I called the shop manager back and wow did I ever let the f-bombs fly at him - actually felt sorry for him. He asked me to bring it back so it could be polished, etc. No thanks - I took care of it myself, but that was one of those moments in time that I laugh about now.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

it's only a car.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    it's only a car.
    apparantly your not a car guy...your just one of those "i just want a car that gets me from point a to point b'' individuals......you people make me sick

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

It's not just a car, if they were JUST cars we all wouldn't be on this forum talking about JUST cars. How dare you! Kia's, Honda's and Toyota's are JUST cars. These vehicles are hours upon hours of engineering, they're works of art, they're blood, sweat, and tears as this man has shown us. You wouldn't baby a Kia or a Hyundai like most of these people do to their F-Body's. So don't ever say these are just cars, these are their pride and joys, their babies, their girls. Never JUST a car.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

i got one for sale.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by fabrizi View Post
    It's not just a car, if they were JUST cars we all wouldn't be on this forum talking about JUST cars. How dare you! Kia's, Honda's and Toyota's are JUST cars. These vehicles are hours upon hours of engineering, they're works of art, they're blood, sweat, and tears as this man has shown us. You wouldn't baby a Kia or a Hyundai like most of these people do to their F-Body's. So don't ever say these are just cars, these are their pride and joys, their babies, their girls. Never JUST a car.
    My thoughts exactly.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Its just a car wow, this car has been my dream car since i was 14, i worked for 5 years so i could put a down payment on a ls1 car. If you really think its just a car then you should give it to someone who thinks more than, ITS JUST A CAR, i know atleast 10 people who would treat it better than someone who thinks its just a car. You dont deserve that car

Black
    '99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    it's only a car.
    Trade your car in for a Honda. Please.

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

ws6 is the best car made i think,looks way better than anything else ,we need to keep them as long as we can.i will not trade it for anything,my g/f doesnt understand why i cherish it so much oh well

Don't worry my friend, the day will come when you'll own one again.

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Wink

If it's just a car, Waldo then send Kozman YOUR car. Then everyone will be happy.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

WOW, one small statement and you guy’s get all up in arms!!?? Don’t get me wrong, I think the Trans Am is one of the coolest cars around, and yes, I take excellent car of mine, drive it with pride. However, I find it funny how fanatical some are (the above post) let’s review.

1. When times aren’t so tough, he can get another one.
    2. A fine piece of engineering, true, park it next to a Ferrari, Ford GT( not Mustang) , Lotus now how well does the engineering look? Not so good?
    3. If any one of the above cars were offered in trade for your T/A what would you do? And let’s kill the “I’d sell it and buy as many T/A’s as I could. Right!

I do deserve the car, I take pride in it and I’ve put a lot of money into it also.

I’m not defined by my car, my daily driver is a minivan…..

I don’t mean to sound unappreciative and I in no way meant to belittle the longing and fond memory Kosman has for his car, I was just saying “it’s only a car” I should have followed that up with “dude, you can get another one when times are better”.

Thanks for all the input!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I have put it up to those cars and i personally liek the way a WS6 looks better than a ferrari or the ford GT thats just what i like. I like the way the T/A looks more than any of those cars.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by fabrizi View Post
    If you had true appreciation for cars you would find them ALL to have something to offer. As for Me, if it has an engine and wheels and can be driven IT’S ALL GOOD!

Thread Information