Red
    1999 Z28

Thinking Custom "Ram Air"

First I will calarify anything and say that I have a 98 TA. I just got my WS9 Outlaw hood in and will be having it installed shortly. Roger built it like the stock WS6 hoods on the underside (I believe) meaning that it has the kinda like port for the added nostrils to let air into the engine bay. It seems that when the hood is closed, that port is right at the factory air box area. I am thinking about taking all of the factory air box stuff from the mass airflow sensor back (?) and making my own straight through air intake basically like the K&N FIPK seems to be. I would use some kind of internally smooth tubing and find a oval/cone filter to mount on the end of it. Then just fab up some install brackets/supports and be set. I am believeing that that would then be sucking in the air that is being forced in by the WS9 nostrils. I could also then take it further and seal it off around the inlet and air filter and hood like the Volant as I recall and it would be even better. So, would this be better and make use of my new hood more than a lid and the factory TA airbox-and I do not wanna spend the money on any other intake system like the FTRA. Are there any other suggestions/options?

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

sounds sick!!....i had a dif ram air idearrr....Its on my 99 TA not WS6,..im gonna fabricate an under the bumper rectangle shaped ram air extension coming off my cold air SLP intake....i saw something like this elsewhere, ididnt like the size of it,..i plan on making mine around 15 inches long 2 inches wide, should be fun, i'm making blue prints and it should be complete by spring, if it works ill send everyone who wants a copy of the blue prints,.. we'll see!!

Red
    1999 Z28

Hmmmm...I guess my main question is which is better:
    1. An intake setup that flows from the underside and through the factory airbox
    or
    2. A stright short intake right from the underhood front and into the maf without using the factory airbox and what not.

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

Keep in mind its not the factory air box, the SLP flowpac replaces everrything CAI, K&N filter, Lid, Bellow....no more air resonator..so its a complete overhaul of the stock air intake system...and i highly reccomend it infact.

Thread Information