Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Think I could beat this?

So my boss just picked up one of these today: http://www.mustangheaven.com/stangsp...07shelbygt.htm

Kind of funny, he trades in his Ram 4 days after I first bring my Formula to work.

I've got a '00 Formy A4, all stock.

I don't know if I can take him, but I think it'd be a close race. His is an auto too. He didn't challenge me or anything, but I just thought of it after everyone at work was swooning over his car. Big deal, it's just an overpriced GT. With hood pins, lol.

It looks cool but for what he paid for it he could have gotten a Challenger or a new Camaro if he waited a while. Or even a Vette for a few grand more.

I think with a lid, cut-out, and free mods I could take him.

NBM
    99 TA

id say you could take him... shelby gt500 is what you should be worried about

that thing is still a pig

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    id say you could take him... shelby gt500 is what you should be worried about

that thing is still a pig
    If anyone can afford one, (GT 500 That is) They are priced around $65,000 here in Denver with the "Everyone wants one" mark up. Friggen ridiculous. I think I'd rather have the new Z06 before I'd pay that.

Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

screw the gt 500 screw the zo6 screw the new camaro........ CTS-V.. luxury only a caddy offers yet still the neck snapping power of a vette....

sorry i jsut want one sooo bad....

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Formula

What???? That Z06 would blow your CTS-V out of the water and they're still pretty comfortable. The base C6 would even lay the smack down on it.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

th shelby gt maybe a tad faster than the regular gt but it still isnt too fast. probably right on par with a stock f body give or take a few tenths.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

The CTS-V only has the ls2 the z06 has the ls7 BIG difference, also the STS V is baller too

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

I just think it's funny that he spent almost 40k for some stripes, badges, and 25hp. For that money he could have started w/a base GT and made a monster out of it.

I should wait till I do a few basic mods and get him to come to the track with me, I'd love to se his face after his Shelby gets beat by a 7 year old car that cost 1/4 what his did.

A guy I work with called me up last night to make fun of him, lol. He thought it was a GT500, then started laughing when he found it was just a GT.

(In reality, I think we're just being petty becasue we can't afford 40k cars. And even if Ih ad the money, no way would I buy one of those)

As far as Caddy, I love all the -V series cars, It's about time Caddy really got it right. I'd take any one of them over a BMW or whatever, and while they might be a little slower than the Vette, they still move DAMN fast for a luxo car. And you can't take 3 people w/you in the Vette.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

yea

youll beat him... do your free mods.. tb bypass.. and stuff.... if you can grab a lid or something cheap... youll get him by probably about 1-2 cars... will be a good race though..

Pewter
    2000 z28

i didnt see you were an auto.

you may have a tougher time stock for stock. my 6 speed pulls on gts but its doesnt put all the lengths on them everyone likes to claim.

either way, run him and see.

and i wholeheartedly agree with you about paying for stripes and badging. silly.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Race for pinks

Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

well i no in 04 they had to de-tune the cts-v's from beatin the vettes at the proving grounds.... and yeah it ONLY has the ls2 hahaha

Don't tread on me!

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    I just think it's funny that he spent almost 40k for some stripes, badges, and 25hp. For that money he could have started w/a base GT and made a monster out of it.

I should wait till I do a few basic mods and get him to come to the track with me, I'd love to se his face after his Shelby gets beat by a 7 year old car that cost 1/4 what his did.

A guy I work with called me up last night to make fun of him, lol. He thought it was a GT500, then started laughing when he found it was just a GT.

(In reality, I think we're just being petty becasue we can't afford 40k cars. And even if Ih ad the money, no way would I buy one of those)

As far as Caddy, I love all the -V series cars, It's about time Caddy really got it right. I'd take any one of them over a BMW or whatever, and while they might be a little slower than the Vette, they still move DAMN fast for a luxo car. And you can't take 3 people w/you in the Vette.
    Geez, he could have supercharged a stock GT, added a cam, etc. and been at 425+ HP. I can understand wanting the GT500, but not the Shelby GT.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I say only the ls2 because the ls7 makes 105more hp lol

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by John_Deere_LS1 View Post
    well i no in 04 they had to de-tune the cts-v's from beatin the vettes at the proving grounds.... and yeah it ONLY has the ls2 hahaha
    huh?

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Your should have no problem beathing the Shelby GT. I think its putting like 300-305 to the wheels. The only reason that I like the Black and silver one is because I am a Raiders fan and they paint job was to made for the Raider nation. God forbid that I ever buy anything other than GM but if I was to buy the Shelby GT that would be the only reason ever.

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post

its a GT 350, but yes, 40 gs is hard on lots of people, and for the mods on that car( 25+) hp its not worth it

white
    2002 z28

and for the A4 part stock vs stock,

maybe a okay race from start to mid put stock ls1 a4 pulls real nice ahead

Black
    2000 Trans Am

Should be a good race, stock to stock it would probably be more of a drivers race than one car out powering the other.

He paid basicly 10,000 more for a GT with 19 more hp

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

I saw a brand new one with the new rear gearing run a 14.3 against my n2o v6 a few months ago. The LS1s and such were all in the low 13's and my 75 shot v6 was in the high 13's. I think they're dogs... but that car was an auto as was mine and as is my current whip.

I like autos better... more practical for traffic and whatnot. little less power, but it's a lot more consistent and since I have HPTuners I would be surprised if a stock M6 could beat me.

anyway.. just my $.02.

Thread Information